Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

(SOLVED 90%) ICOM Next DHCP & WIFI Problems - Need help
29-08-2018, 18:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 30-08-2018, 05:25 AM by willisodhiambo.)
(SOLVED 90%) ICOM Next DHCP & WIFI Problems - Need help
1. DHCP

I have configured this to work before with a chinese clone but ISTA+ wont connect with ICOM Next. Configured ICOM to DHCP, did the same to TP-Link router. Submask for LAN the same for ICOM and router. I get identification error. If I remove router, connection is OK except for ICOM Direct interface option in ISTA. I followed the numerous DHCP configuration instructions found around the internet.
Any Ideas what could be the problem?

2. WIFI Option

It is quite frustrating finding info from the forums. All posters assume everyone is at the knowledge level they are atspeechlesssad. I have Icom next genuine and TP-Link router. I tried setting up WLAN and my icom came up with "UNSUPPORT service" in itoolradar and green light in WLAN when ethernet disconnected. However my ethernet was then failing to connect so restored the ICOM. Got me really worried.

How do I set up WIFI? Does ICOM broadcast a WIFI signal? How come I cant see it in my laptop WIFI networks? Do I need any other gadget apart from a TP-Link router? Is the router connected to ICOM or to Laptop? Instruction in the internetr do not state what goes where!! Help!
Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2018, 20:11 PM,
RE: ICOM Next DHCP & WIFI Problems - Need help
Well, Almost solved!!!

Managed to set up the WIFI. You set up TP-Link as an access point, access key similar to that in ICOM,access point name common to both router and ICOM configuration. Then connect TP-Link to ICOM with ethernet cable, in wifi, connect to the WIFI network you just set up. I can now receive IP address in itoolradar as if it was in DHCP mode.

BUT IT CANT CONNECT TO CAR. IDENTIFICATION FAILURE. Tried all interface options. Needless to ask, interface set up with Easy connect. I can see icom interface in connection manager, KL15 has voltage, I have ethernet and Dcan shown as available protocols in connection Manager but still no luck. Direct connection with ethernet works a treat. Where is the quirk in DHCP or WIFI connection? F10 series car.
29-08-2018, 20:16 PM,
Why do you have a cable to the icom in the first place? To use ICOM with Wifi you set the settings in the configuration manager for use with your WIFI SSD and PW.

Then connect your laptop to the same WIFI. And the just plug icom to the car, no ethernet cable to it. It should start to blink on WLAN LED.

| BimmerFiks ASInstagram |

G31 530D xDrive  - Imperial Blau 
Retrofits: 2TB - 710 - Alpina EGS Flash  - 

[/size]
Coming: M-Sport - M Performance Exhaust 

[+] 2 users say Thank You to SweetBMW for this post
30-08-2018, 00:08 AM,
if you are having a hard time to set up the connection, please use a freeware from mypublicwifi.com to set up the virtual router, you can set to auto connect everytime the computer starts it. Good Luck
[+] 2 users say Thank You to brunofraga for this post
30-08-2018, 03:50 AM,
Thanks all. Ill try again. I think the problem is related to inability to connect in DHCP mode. No idea why that is not working. Let me try again
30-08-2018, 05:32 AM,
RE: (SOLVED 90%) ICOM Next DHCP & WIFI Problems - Need help
Well, I can now work wirelessly with any ICOM!!!

My connection issue was VMware adapter. Disabled it and now I can connect by plugging in the TP-Link router to ICOM and setting it up as an access point. ICOM in DHCP, laptop in DHCP. Perfecto!!

Only method that I cant get to work is pure WIFI i.e ICOM to car, Wifi router as accesspoint on power, laptop connected to access point wifi. I don't get any IP on itoolradar this way. ICOM may not be connecting to the router but honestly, I don't care since my set up works I,e router connected to icom via ethernet

Tried Mypublicwifi software but it does not run on my win 10, No idea why, It just does not set up.
30-08-2018, 07:19 AM,
Create network on Your AP, then fill same info in ICOM, then login with Your computer
[+] 2 users say Thank You to inspi1981 for this post
30-08-2018, 08:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 30-08-2018, 08:16 AM by Node.)
Usually routers have a setting with various names like "client isolation" which prohibits two wireless devices to talk to each other via router. Names of that setting vary very much. I think its enabled in your case so your laptop does not see ICOM when both are on wireless.

P.S. If you do not have a need to use your setup outside your garage, hardware router is much better solution than software AP.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Node for this post
30-08-2018, 10:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 30-08-2018, 10:31 AM by Batje.)
Connecting via wifi only works if your router is set up as an access point only. In your routers setup page turn off NAT,port forwarding and other security and routing services. The only service running on the router should be DHCP. Set your ICOM to ISPI-NEXT mode, set it to use DHCP and verify connection to the network. Then try again with ISTA set to use ISIS network. If connecting ISTA with ICOM via ethernet cable instead of wireless you should change the ICOM to use APIPA, otherwise it will not connect.For coding with ESYS you should only use a wired connection and ICOM set to APIPA, otherwise reserving via iTool Radar won’t work. Also don’t reserve the ICOM if you’re using ISTA, it will reserve the icom itself when selecting the icom in the connection manager.
I hope this helps wink

You should also turn off antivirus and firewall on the computer.
By doing this you eliminate any port blocking by the firewall or antivirus of the computer.

If my post was helpful to you please give me a thanks and/or reputation biggrin
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Batje for this post
30-08-2018, 12:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 30-08-2018, 13:01 PM by Node.)
Batje, your advices are not grounded at all. NAT or not NAT does not matter as long as you connect both ICOM and computer to LAN and not external connection. Reserving via iToolRadar over wireless connection works without any problems. And for coding with ESys wireless connection is ok as long as you are not flashing. I never turn off antivirus and firewall on my computer too, just configure firewall to always allow istagui.exe and istaoperation.exe. Never ever had any issues.

P.S. I use windows defender as antivirus and standard windows firewall.
[+] 6 users say Thank You to Node for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [MEGA] Any ESYS Editions + PSDZ Full & Lite + ICOM Firmware + MANUALS + TOOLS hashtagmaster 105 35,847 17-04-2024, 18:36 PM
Last Post: hashtagmaster
XZBMW ICOM Firmware (NEXT & A2) always current! Vojno 206 42,949 12-04-2024, 23:36 PM
Last Post: bennymx
XZBMW Poor wifi signal from new ICOM's bmchicago 3 307 12-04-2024, 18:55 PM
Last Post: Node
XZBMW ISTA 4.46.xx problems and possible solution Sedoy 86 10,072 04-04-2024, 15:03 PM
Last Post: CATAHA
  Solved ✔ ICOM NEXT Error bmwcare 4 2,476 01-04-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: ivanp
  CCC flash WINKFP ICOM BimmerSLO 9 360 29-03-2024, 19:17 PM
Last Post: Hoborg
  For anyone having problem with ICOM NEXT FW update via ISTA+. ImmBoo 16 4,137 24-03-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Twointje
  TESTO tool with ICOM Rolzs 5 425 17-03-2024, 20:23 PM
Last Post: Vojno
  Request xHP 6HP decrypted files and icom flasher tste1982 10 945 05-03-2024, 22:47 PM
Last Post: bradsm87
  First ISTA install - SOLVED R1c4ard06 12 967 02-03-2024, 17:55 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06