Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Why owners should leave the hood closed, or at least read the manual.
11-09-2018, 02:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-09-2018, 02:11 AM by Clusters.)
Why owners should leave the hood closed, or at least read the manual.
Or even better, pay attention to what is printed on things. rolling

Service call for a no start after he was messing with fuses under the hood.

Quick testing at the starter relay with a small test light across the load side, light lights up. Jumper the load side and it cranks. thinking

Test light across the control side does nothing in crank position. fail

It is then that I notice the check engine light is not working, and the fuel gauge does not go up with the key ON. For shits and giggles I put a scantool on it and it communicates with most modules, but not the PCM.

The PCM is dead, so I go through all the fuses and they are good. THEN the owner tells me he had to loosen some screws to remove the fusebox cover. yikes The three screws he removed, or tried to because they are captive, secure the connectors under the fusebox. rofl

Tighten three screws and the car starts. thumbsup The cover is clearly marked "LIFT HERE".

$80.00 service call please. biggrin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If someone took the time to help you, the least you can do is take a few seconds and press two buttons! 

Thanks [Image: tyl_add.png] + [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] reputation.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users say Thank You to Clusters for this post
11-09-2018, 07:23 AM,
RE: Why owners should leave the hood closed, or at least read the manual.
sounds about right,stupid keeps us in business

i help who i want! when i want to! otherwise dont ask free stuff
72656d617020726f73732068656c707320616c6c20746861742068656c7073206d65
genuine winols check click here
11-09-2018, 19:26 PM,
LOl - I just helped a lady with here headlight. She took the whole front bumper off, unscrewed the headlight fixture and was lost. Toyota Camry recent year. YEAH.. Replaced a handful of clips. Put the whole thing back together, then showed her how to reach in and twist, the 10sec version. Did it for free for the humor of the whole situation.
[+] 3 users say Thank You to skygear for this post
11-09-2018, 22:07 PM,
(11-09-2018, 19:26 PM)skygear Wrote:  LOl - I just helped a lady with here headlight. She took the whole front bumper off, unscrewed the headlight fixture and was lost. Toyota Camry recent year. YEAH.. Replaced a handful of clips. Put the whole thing back together, then showed her how to reach in and twist, the 10sec version. Did it for free for the humor of the whole situation.

Maybe before her actual car she drove a Mercedes A class. Those are the steps needed to replace a bulb on those idiotic cars. smile
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Marcos for this post
12-09-2018, 05:08 AM,
..try to change a light bulb on a Megane 2....
[+] 1 user says Thank You to flavio69 for this post
14-09-2018, 18:54 PM,
LFord  RE: Why owners should leave the hood closed, or at least read the manual.
reminds me a while back had customer ring me to say hed replaced the battery on his car and it wouldn't start,
not to worry coming out as he had rang his breakdown company up and they were recovering to me.

car arrived and was unloaded , recovery man went to toilet.
imagine his surprise when he came out and car was running , helped him load it up after I showed him the 2 plastic battery post covers that the customer had forced his terminals oversmile

when asked customer said he thought they were to keep them clean biggrin biggrin biggrin 
always makes me laugh
[+] 3 users say Thank You to evss for this post
14-09-2018, 23:50 PM,
I shouldn't because we all have one but went to no start ( Auto Trans ) car in reverse tears <- Customer biggrin <- me
[+] 1 user says Thank You to fraserauto for this post
15-09-2018, 20:18 PM,
(12-09-2018, 05:08 AM)flavio69 Wrote:  ..try to change a light bulb on a Megane 2....

Indeed  biggrin

under If mine or others posts and info are helpful please give thanks/rep smile yes
[+] 1 user says Thank You to dil6222 for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recommended eeprom and immo read tools? automotivebrothers 2 263 28-03-2023, 22:24 PM
Last Post: Probleemkind
  Private Message Deleting [Please Read] volavka 3 593 30-06-2022, 17:12 PM
Last Post: Cybertronic
  Britain Votes To Leave EU! Diagnostix 11 727 25-06-2016, 20:01 PM
Last Post: liviu2004