Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Technical Data
04-05-2014, 16:54 PM,
Technical Data
Hello guys bow
I would help my godson who open recently a cylinder head,crankshaft engine block etc repair shop.He ask me for some technical catalogs for cylinder head maintenance(how much can be take from initial thickness,how much is allowed to came out a valve from cylinder head,etc)
I hope I made myself understood what I'm interested.Some of this data can be take from reparation manual of each manufacturer but information are weak and I thought someone can help me with some information.
Thanks in advance beer
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users say Thank You to coriducu for this post
04-05-2014, 19:55 PM,
RE: Technical Data
(04-05-2014, 16:54 PM)coriducu Wrote:  Hello guys bow
I would help my godson who open recently a cylinder head,crankshaft engine block etc repair shop.He ask me for some technical catalogs for cylinder head maintenance(how much can be take from initial thickness,how much is allowed to came out a valve from cylinder head,etc)
I hope I made myself understood what I'm interested.Some of this data can be take from reparation manual of each manufacturer but information are weak and I thought someone can help me with some information.
Thanks in advance beer

the information you're looking for is scarce
people dealing with rectified and repaired cylinder head (turners) may have some information
[+] 2 users say Thank You to McMihai for this post
05-05-2014, 04:23 AM,
(04-05-2014, 19:55 PM)McMihai Wrote:  
(04-05-2014, 16:54 PM)coriducu Wrote:  Hello guys bow
Thanks in advance beer

the information you're looking for is scarce
people dealing with rectified and repaired cylinder head (turners) may have some information

I know what you say but same time information in this domain are sometimes confuse and not all time right,by other side he was able to get from local Peugeot dealer some documents,about how much is allowed to rectify a HDI cylinder head,so seems they have so kind of documentations
05-05-2014, 10:25 AM,
You can also ask the piston manufacturers like Mahle, Kolbenschmidt-Pierburg or others. Maybe they can give some more informations about their oversize pistons, diameters and such data.
Other source are technical informations from car manufacturers as you already mentioned.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to paro44 for this post
15-05-2014, 21:56 PM,
Finding the accurate oil clearances for each and every engine is very tedious job. Improper oil clearances can lead to serious damage to the engine. I have been in the field of automotive repairing and maintenance since 1976. I have always relied on my formula which is as under. It may be helpful to other members as well. Just try it, if it is found useful, make it your own otherwise discard it. It may vary +/- 0.005 mm from the OEM data. The answer is almost compatible with the OEM values. You may try this confidently whether the engine is gasoline, diesel, car or truck. I have not received a single complaint so far.
Diesel Engine:
NOTE: Always measure the piston to cylinder clearance with the help of cylinder gauge and micrometer.
To find the piston to cylinder clearance of diesel engine at room temperature:
Piston to cylinder clearance = 0.0008 X Piston diameter in mm. (Diesel car, Diesel truck or Diesel Generator). (NOTE: Always measure the piston diameter at the distance of 12.5 mm from the lower edge of the piston skirt, perpendicular to the piston pin at room temperature).
The piston ring end gap will automatically come to its default clearance. To verify, insert the top piston ring into the cylinder with the mark pointing upward, push it about 20 mm down with the piston from the cylinder top face and measure the oil clearance with feeler gauge.
multiply 0.0045 X piston diameter = Ring end gap.

To find the piston to cylinder clearance of gasoline engine at room temperature:
Piston to cylinder clearance = 0.0007 X piston diameter mm.
Hope that works.
Thanks.
[+] 4 users say Thank You to shadab for this post
16-05-2014, 04:35 AM,
(15-05-2014, 21:56 PM)shadab Wrote:  Finding the accurate oil clearances for each and every engine is very tedious job. Improper oil clearances can lead to serious damage to the engine. I have been in the field of automotive repairing and maintenance since 1976. I have always relied on my formula which is as under. It may be helpful to other members as well. Just try it, if it is found useful, make it your own otherwise discard it. It may vary +/- 0.005 mm from the OEM data. The answer is almost compatible with the OEM values. You may try this confidently whether the engine is gasoline, diesel, car or truck. I have not received a single complaint so far.
Diesel Engine:
NOTE: Always measure the piston to cylinder clearance with the help of cylinder gauge and micrometer.
To find the piston to cylinder clearance of diesel engine at room temperature:
Piston to cylinder clearance = 0.0008 X Piston diameter in mm. (Diesel car, Diesel truck or Diesel Generator). (NOTE: Always measure the piston diameter at the distance of 12.5 mm from the lower edge of the piston skirt, perpendicular to the piston pin at room temperature).
The piston ring end gap will automatically come to its default clearance. To verify, insert the top piston ring into the cylinder with the mark pointing upward, push it about 20 mm down with the piston from the cylinder top face and measure the oil clearance with feeler gauge.
multiply 0.0045 X piston diameter = Ring end gap.

To find the piston to cylinder clearance of gasoline engine at room temperature:
Piston to cylinder clearance = 0.0007 X piston diameter mm.
Hope that works.
Thanks.

m8 thanks for your help but this what you say can be found on each,piston/cylinder manufacturer catalog,I'm interested especially in cylinder head data
17-05-2014, 21:07 PM,
Hi friend. Have a good day. May I know which specific data, for which manufacturer and model do you want to know?
The constants which I have described here are almost the same for all manufacturers, models and makes.
Now for specific model would you please let me know for example:
Toyota Corolla 1NZ-FE:-
- Piston to cylinder clearance.
- Valve to guide clearance.
- Valve seat edge thickness.
- Main and big end journals to crankshaft thickness and so on.
Thanks.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to shadab for this post
17-05-2014, 21:27 PM,
(17-05-2014, 21:07 PM)shadab Wrote:  Hi friend. Have a good day. May I know which specific data, for which manufacturer and model do you want to know?
The constants which I have described here are almost the same for all manufacturers, models and makes.
Now for specific model would you please let me know for example:
Toyota Corolla 1NZ-FE:-
- Piston to cylinder clearance.
- Valve to guide clearance.
- Valve seat edge thickness.
- Main and big end journals to crankshaft thickness and so on.
Thanks.

thanks m8 for your good intentions,but being a specialized workshop on this kind of jobs,you know never know what will came for work,I thought there are some specialized catalogs or documentation were it can be found all you need for each brand,or at least by groups:cars,trucks,agricultural engines,etc.
18-05-2014, 20:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 18-05-2014, 21:19 PM by shadab.)
OK Coriducu, My friend, I will try my level best to provide you with the original OEM data, whenever I find any where. I will get back to you soon. Take care. Regards.

Please find the Engine service data for Toyota 5VZ-FE.
Thanks

Attached Files
Service Data EngineToyota 5VZ-FE.pdf
File Type: .pdf
Downloaded: 43 times
Size: 11.94 KB

[+] 6 users say Thank You to shadab for this post
18-05-2014, 21:31 PM,
Please find the engine service data for Toyota 1GRE-FE.

Attached Files
Toyota 1GR-FE Engine service data.pdf
File Type: .pdf
Downloaded: 49 times
Size: 2.74 MB

[+] 6 users say Thank You to shadab for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
2Autocom Cars Tolerance Data 2009.2 Activation Free schumiF1 165 58,409 8 hours ago
Last Post: keyzex
  HAYNES - Data Book Collection (Repair Manuals ALL your car) hipro60 1 1,244 29-05-2023, 01:13 AM
Last Post: iturboh
  wheel alignment data koossie 3 426 01-10-2022, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dubstu
YTMercedes Who has access to Mercedes online data? Help Ohnestatus 1 395 21-05-2022, 21:02 PM
Last Post: rezt
XZBMW Technical manual BMW 2000 cs goethe frantz 3 529 06-10-2019, 18:22 PM
Last Post: goethe frantz
  suzuki technical info theone 0 196 02-10-2019, 13:51 PM
Last Post: theone
ORenult Repair manuals+technical notes (MR/NT) - Renault Scenic 2014 1.5dci 110cv? geoair.pt 0 502 09-07-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: geoair.pt
2Autocom Cars Tolerance Data 2009.2 Activation/ help rimzag 23 10,169 13-04-2018, 21:15 PM
Last Post: ToMiBoY
  European vehicle data jhhnh2000 3 1,786 25-01-2018, 12:28 PM
Last Post: jhhnh2000
1All Data Workshop data TRUCKS bonek 2 1,349 16-10-2017, 10:24 AM
Last Post: sixcode