Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

E39 DME, EGS raplecement
01-11-2018, 18:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2018, 18:22 PM by lustek.)
E39 DME, EGS raplecement
Hi,

What is the procedure to replacement DME and EGS units in E39 witchout EWS? EWS stays old

If I helped, please magic buttons thx+rep yes yes yes under under under
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2018, 18:39 PM,
RE: E39 DME, EGS raplecement
what programming device are you using and are the units new from BMW or second hand?
01-11-2018, 18:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2018, 19:02 PM by lustek.)
at the moment I only have icom. I am waiting for the delivery of xprog and upa from china. so it is not known whether it will work.  understand that without xprog I will not go?

If I do ews and dme, egs I will need only flash with correct vin?

02-11-2018, 05:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2018, 05:39 AM by Enabled.)
What engine and what DME? EGS doesn't matter, not included in ews. VIN does not matter, just only if you want to have it changed.

All of the E39 dmes can be replaced with used, quite easily. You might not need xprog or upa.
02-11-2018, 09:31 AM,
I do not know exactly what dme. I have not seen the car yet. the customer changed from 520 to 525. after inserting the gearbox he has only reverse gear.

02-11-2018, 16:28 PM,
Oh. There may be a generation change of both dme and egs, and engine + transmission.
Wiring can be very different, if the equipment differs. In that case, you will need to work on wiring and having the right controllers for that generation.
Sounds like a bigger project.

It would be easier to use WinKFP just to flash original dme/egs to the new engine instead of swapping modules.
02-11-2018, 17:18 PM,
0Scope  RE: E39 DME, EGS raplecement
use bmw scanner 1,4

dme: automatic  to manual gearbox
ike : automatic  to manual gearbox
ews :  automatic  to manual gearbox

and car start  

if you use another ews you must change ews vin number same as dme   ( ak90 or ews editor) that all
02-11-2018, 17:50 PM,
(02-11-2018, 17:18 PM)casper1986 Wrote:  use bmw scanner 1,4

dme: automatic  to manual gearbox
ike : automatic  to manual gearbox
ews :  automatic  to manual gearbox

and car start  

if you use another ews you must change ews vin number same as dme   ( ak90 or ews editor) that all

Aww come on, nowhere does it say about auto to manual conversion!
02-11-2018, 20:41 PM,
Hi,
yes the transmission stay automatic.

I talked to the customer and claims that he has dme, ews and a key from 525 from one car and egs from another.

theoretically, it should go smoothly but we will see. I will do such a swap for the first time.

after connecting everything and assigning fa to ews, coding ews, dme, dsc, kombi what else to do?

03-11-2018, 02:06 AM,
(02-11-2018, 20:41 PM)lustek Wrote:  Hi,
yes the transmission stay automatic.

I talked to the customer and claims that he has dme, ews and a key from 525 from one car and egs from another.

theoretically, it should go smoothly but we will see. I will do such a swap for the first time.

after connecting everything and assigning fa to ews, coding ews, dme, dsc, kombi what else to do?

The is no Fa in E39. ZCS is used on older cars like E39.