Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Need help getting HDS running with Mini-VCI clone
02-11-2018, 11:38 AM,
Need help getting HDS running with Mini-VCI clone
Hello,

I just bought a Mini-VCI clone -- the one with the clear casing, which looks like this:

[Image: toyota-minivci-v1210019-mini-vci-tis-tec...2017-F.jpg]

The seller advertised as Toyota Techstream compatible and for that it works perfectly. However I also have a 2008 Civic Si and would like to use Honda HDS with it. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get it to work.

I downloaded Honda HDS 3.101.019 (it has the HDS PC, ihds and J2534Rewrite folders, and a HIMGNA.exe file and two .reg files, one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit) and I tried installing it both without running the HIMGNA.exe patch, and later I reinstalled and run the patch. I also tried using the same driver that worked for Toyota Techstream, and then tried downloading the files here and installing the 1.4.8 Honda driver.

The end result is always the same: it tries to connect to the car and fails. It takes a while, confirms if the car is in ignition mode (I tried both with the engine running and without), then starts a different software, which then asks if I'm using a 3- or 5-pin OBD-I connector, to which I answer no; and finally it says it's unable to connect to the car.

When the interface choice screen is presented, I've tried using all options available (X-Horse VCI, SPX VCI, GNA600, and another one which I don't remember now). Only X-Horse VCI and GNA600 actually try to connect -- the rest immediately fail.

Could any kind soul help me out here? Maybe the cable I bought doesn't work at all with HDS -- I'll understand that, I bought it to use with Toyota Techstream and for that it works. But if it can work, what software do I need to download, and how do I install it? If there's a conflict with Techstream I can create a virtual machine just for this. By the way, I'm running it under Windows 7 32-bit.

EDIT: by the way, I forgot to mention, but this Mini-VCI clone has firmware v1.4.1.
Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2018, 14:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 26-11-2018, 14:40 PM by yellowstilo.)
RE: Need help getting HDS running with Mini-VCI clone
your interface should be shown in the list of available interfaces - if not it probably does not recognise your interface or the drivers are not installed correctly.

The Actia Multidiag blue/yellow interface also works with the HDS software when the J2534 drivers are installed correctly.
17-12-2018, 14:05 PM,
I have the same case. but i got the cable in black with compatible HDS logo on it. It come with HDS2.018 mvci drive 1.4.3. It work with that HDS 2.018 but it database is year 2009 and must install at USA version. i also try it like you with new HDS3.*** . As same result out. Hope some one can help also.
04-01-2019, 07:10 AM,
(02-11-2018, 11:38 AM)swineone Wrote:  Hello,

I just bought a Mini-VCI clone -- the one with the clear casing, which looks like this:

[Image: toyota-minivci-v1210019-mini-vci-tis-tec...2017-F.jpg]

The seller advertised as Toyota Techstream compatible and for that it works perfectly. However I also have a 2008 Civic Si and would like to use Honda HDS with it. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get it to work.

I downloaded Honda HDS 3.101.019 (it has the HDS PC, ihds and J2534Rewrite folders, and a HIMGNA.exe file and two .reg files, one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit) and I tried installing it both without running the HIMGNA.exe patch, and later I reinstalled and run the patch. I also tried using the same driver that worked for Toyota Techstream, and then tried downloading the files here and installing the 1.4.8 Honda driver.

The end result is always the same: it tries to connect to the car and fails. It takes a while, confirms if the car is in ignition mode (I tried both with the engine running and without), then starts a different software, which then asks if I'm using a 3- or 5-pin OBD-I connector, to which I answer no; and finally it says it's unable to connect to the car.

When the interface choice screen is presented, I've tried using all options available (X-Horse VCI, SPX VCI, GNA600, and another one which I don't remember now). Only X-Horse VCI and GNA600 actually try to connect -- the rest immediately fail.

Could any kind soul help me out here? Maybe the cable I bought doesn't work at all with HDS -- I'll understand that, I bought it to use with Toyota Techstream and for that it works. But if it can work, what software do I need to download, and how do I install it? If there's a conflict with Techstream I can create a virtual machine just for this. By the way, I'm running it under Windows 7 32-bit.

EDIT: by the way, I forgot to mention, but this Mini-VCI clone has firmware v1.4.1.

Hi were you able to find a solution to use that cable with HDS , I am in the exact same predicament. Please let me know thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  help MINI VCI J2534 test01 0 488 20-09-2022, 08:22 AM
Last Post: test01
RHonda Will Mini-VCI J2534 interface for Toyota work for Honda HDS??? jasonbaby 2 1,697 07-04-2022, 19:59 PM
Last Post: jasonbaby
  XHorse Mini-VCi Driver-- torrent TiK-TaK 12 16,795 12-10-2019, 22:05 PM
Last Post: MZ2711
  Mini-VCI J2534 compatibility with Honda HDS? uh60 1 3,556 27-04-2016, 17:43 PM
Last Post: apoelistas