Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

03-06-2014, 18:56 PM,
RE: ISTA/D 3.42.40_ISTA/P 2.52.3 VMware + Expert Mode
(03-06-2014, 18:38 PM)bjorneoen Wrote:  ISTA/D works perfect with K+DCAN cable on my BMW E87 2006, but ISTA/P doesnt work..
I got a car without any MOST connection, so first i got an error showing that was not found any MOST connection, and then i got an error saying that something happend in kmmData and the session was ended.. So i can't get pass the identification of my car in ISTA/P, but in ISTA/D it works fine.

Any sugestion? sad

Likely to be a cable problem (poor quality maybe). I have tested this with the icom emulator + kdcan on an E87 and it worked fine.

Check pins 7 & 8 on your cable to see if they are connected or not. See pic below:

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4107/interfacesp.jpg

note:

Yes means 7-8 bridged and No means 7-8 unbridged.
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2014, 19:48 PM,
(03-06-2014, 18:56 PM)beemerboy88 Wrote:  
(03-06-2014, 18:38 PM)bjorneoen Wrote:  ISTA/D works perfect with K+DCAN cable on my BMW E87 2006, but ISTA/P doesnt work..
I got a car without any MOST connection, so first i got an error showing that was not found any MOST connection, and then i got an error saying that something happend in kmmData and the session was ended.. So i can't get pass the identification of my car in ISTA/P, but in ISTA/D it works fine.

Any sugestion? sad
Likely to be a cable problem (poor quality maybe). I have tested this with the icom emulator + kdcan on an E87 and it worked fine.
Check pins 7 & 8 on your cable to see if they are connected or not. See pic below:
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4107/interfacesp.jpg
note:
Yes means 7-8 bridged and No means 7-8 unbridged.

Oh, okey i see! smile
I use this standard K+DCAN cable i bought from ebay:
K+DCAN cable EBAY

I know its cheap, but do you think it's poor quality?
It looks just like all the other K+DCAN cables on ebay, even the one from one step electronics looks like this.

What cable do you recommend? smile

I've been using this cable for 1 year now, and it works perfectly with BMW Rheingold, ISTA/D, INPA, NCSEXPERT, so its so strange that it wont work with the ISTA/P?

Did the E87 you tested have MOST connection? I tried an earlier ISTA/P version earlier this winter and then i couldnt connect either because the K+DCAN cable dont support MOST and therefore the session ended, do you think that could be the problem?

I will check the pins!

Thanks for answer smile
03-06-2014, 19:50 PM,
(03-06-2014, 16:34 PM)beemerboy88 Wrote:  
(03-06-2014, 15:53 PM)platy Wrote:  
(03-06-2014, 15:48 PM)beemerboy88 Wrote:  
(03-06-2014, 15:24 PM)platy Wrote:  Hello,

i have a Original Icom a2 , and ista/d works perfect.
But ista /p Didnt want run, i have a red status cant be used.

have anybody a idea where ist the problem?

The icom a2 files in post #1 are for the clone version only. You need to register the oem icom a2 yourself by modifying the xml files to make it work with ista/p. If you have already done that then try updating the firmware of your icom.

Ok thanks , and where i can get information , how i must do?

How to add an icom

They are in total 4 files you need to create and 1 you need to edit. Have a look at the contents of the existing icom xmls and use them as a template for your new files (do not delete or edit any of the existing icom xmls, just make a copy and then modify all the details to match your icom).

Create (XXXXXXX is the serial number)

1) p:\apps\wsm\apps\manager\data\DeviceInventory-ICOMXXXXXXX.xml
2) p:\apps\wsm\apps\manager\data\UnitRegistration-ICOMXXXXXXX.xml
3) p:\apps\wsm\apps\agent\data\DeviceInventory-ICOMXXXXXXX.xml
4) p:\apps\wsm\apps\agent\data\UnitRegistration-ICOMXXXXXXX.xml

Edit (just add your icom based on the other one)

1) p:\apps\wsm\apps\manager\data\PXEBootDevices.xml

noe i have changed the serial and mac in the 4 Files, and update my icom to firmware rev 1.36.02 . but my ista /p status is stil RED . what i must change in the file p:\apps\wsm\apps\manager\data\PXEBootDevices.xml i dont understand this!
03-06-2014, 21:17 PM,
(03-06-2014, 19:50 PM)platy Wrote:  

The icom a2 files in post #1 are for the clone version only. You need to register the oem icom a2 yourself by modifying the xml files to make it work with ista/p. If you have already done that then try updating the firmware of your icom.

How to add an icom

They are in total 4 files you need to create and 1 you need to edit. Have a look at the contents of the existing icom xmls and use them as a template for your new files (do not delete or edit any of the existing icom xmls, just make a copy and then modify all the details to match your icom).

noe i have changed the serial and mac in the 4 Files, and update my icom to firmware rev 1.36.02 . but my ista /p status is stil RED . what i must change in the file p:\apps\wsm\apps\manager\data\PXEBootDevices.xml i dont understand this!

Re-check your icom xmls for errors. There are several places in the XML files where the serial number needs to be typed in correctly.

Sometimes it'll work without changing the PXEBootDevices.xml. But try it anyway. Just open the PXEBootDevices.xml in XML notepad (or similar tool), copy and paste one of the icom devices in the list and change the mac to match your icom.
03-06-2014, 21:21 PM,
XZBMW  RE: ISTA/D 3.42.40_ISTA/P 2.52.3 VMware + Expert Mode
I've tried again now, but still getting the same error..
I took some pictures showing what happens when i try to identify my car in ISTA/P.

I dont know why its failing.. But i noticed that the connections in ISTA/D and ISTA/P looks different.

In ISTA/D it looks something like this: (It says D-CAN, K-Line)

But in ISTA/P it looks like this: (It says ICOM here, not D-can, k-line, why is it different?)

Okey, so first i choose the connection in ISTA/P,then it starts checking my vin number:

Then it asks if any control units were replaced:

Then it starts checking vehicle access:

Then i get a message saying "Missing interface at MOST direct access point, To program / encode control units, connect the interface to the MOST direct access point. Then continue":

Then i just click OK to continue and then i get more information about my car, and it shows my VO list:

Then i suddenly get an ERROR saying: "A logistics (KMM 1027) appeared when the measures plan was calculated. Contact technical support. You cannot continue the session for this vehicle". Then i just have to end the session sad

As i said in the top, i dont know why it's failing but i believe it can have anything to do with i dont having any MOST in my car? Is that possible?
Can ISTA/P be used to program earlier cars without MOST?
I got a prefacelift BMW E87 2006 without MOST.
I can't get past this error.. sad

I dont know whats wrong sad ISTA/D works just fine!
03-06-2014, 21:38 PM,
(03-06-2014, 21:21 PM)bjorneoen Wrote:  I've tried again now, but still getting the same error..
I took some pictures showing what happens when i try to identify my car in ISTA/P.

I dont know why its failing.. But i noticed that the connections in ISTA/D and ISTA/P looks different.

But in ISTA/P it looks like this: (It says ICOM here, not D-can, k-line, why is it different?)

Okey, so first i choose the connection in ISTA/P,then it starts checking my vin number:

Then i get a message saying "Missing interface at MOST direct access point, To program / encode control units, connect the interface to the MOST direct access point. Then continue":

Then i just click OK to continue and then i get more information about my car, and it shows my VO list:

Then i suddenly get an ERROR saying: "A logistics (KMM 1027) appeared when the measures plan was calculated. Contact technical support. You cannot continue the session for this vehicle". Then i just have to end the session sad

As i said in the top, i dont know why it's failing but i believe it can have anything to do with i dont having any MOST in my car? Is that possible?

I think this is maybe an error with your car, not the cable or emulator (if it was a cable fault then normally it wouldn't find the VO list). Best to do a search for KMM error 1027 to see if others have had this problem. Here's one thread where it's mentioned:

http://garage-automotive.com/showthread.php?pid=39528
04-06-2014, 00:13 AM,
(03-06-2014, 21:21 PM)bjorneoen Wrote:  I've tried again now, but still getting the same error..

Add "EMOA" to the VO and try again.
04-06-2014, 04:43 AM,
(04-06-2014, 00:13 AM)abac354 Wrote:  

Add "EMOA" to the VO and try again.

#EMOA turns off MOST. Personally, I didn't have to do this when I tried ista/p on an E87. The MOST message did appear. I accepted the message and everything still worked fine after that.
04-06-2014, 07:09 AM,

How to add an icom

Ista /p Doesnt work. i have changed everything but it still RED.
Firmware i have changed too. i have no idea more where is the problem.
04-06-2014, 15:13 PM,
XZBMW  RE: ISTA/D 3.42.40_ISTA/P 2.52.3 VMware + Expert Mode
Quote:Add "EMOA" to the VO and try again.

Quote:Add "EMOA" to the VO and try again.

#EMOA turns off MOST. Personally, I didn't have to do this when I tried ista/p on an E87. The MOST message did appear. I accepted the message and everything still worked fine after that.

Ahaa, i see!
Thank you very much, im going to try that to see if that helps! smile

I also may know why its failing.. I read the link you posted to me "bimmerboy" and he said something about:
"Thank you Im currently looking into this istap error
I believe it's because I did not code the radio to my car"

And then i remembered that i have swapped out mine original Business CD player with an aftermarked Pioneer player. So i dont got the 1RAD module installed in my system.
I also remembered that if i try to code the whole care using NCSEXPERT's "CODE CAR", all modules together, not one and one module, i get an error saying that 1RAD is missing and therefore it aborts the coding.

So maybe that is the actual problem? That i dont have the original player in my car, so it can't find the radio module.
Since i get that error in NCSEXPERT and it aborts the coding of the car, maybe its the same thing with ISTA/P, that i can't complete identification of the VIN number because my 1RAD module is missing.

Do you think that can be the reason why i get the error? smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW HU Service Manager deleted Service History - F32 Meriff99 7 512 01-03-2024, 18:51 PM
Last Post: Meriff99
  Solved ✔ Error can not be deleted Siki78 6 563 18-03-2023, 16:53 PM
Last Post: Siki78
  EsysX, antivirus deleted files. Can someone help? Kamcio 3 690 04-03-2022, 22:36 PM
Last Post: sambir
XZBMW DELETED Mrg0721 36 7,503 19-02-2022, 19:27 PM
Last Post: M-Simon
  BIN activation method deleted original FSC files superczar 2 745 12-03-2019, 10:51 AM
Last Post: sqorpius
XZBMW All FSC after flash deleted mateos 3 804 16-02-2019, 15:27 PM
Last Post: acolt
XZBMW Need Help CIC maps got deleted how do i reload emailmax 4 858 12-02-2019, 08:51 AM
Last Post: emailmax
  Sorry, can be deleted (no further text) M-Simon 0 507 05-06-2017, 20:44 PM
Last Post: M-Simon
  DELETED Mrg0721 4 1,851 24-05-2017, 15:07 PM
Last Post: Mrg0721
XZBMW BMW Launcher V1.2 (Deleted) scorpium59 16 10,905 09-12-2016, 12:46 PM
Last Post: x16