Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

FRM dump_full need
11-12-2018, 09:38 AM,
RE: FRM dump_full need
(10-12-2018, 13:22 PM)smilo Wrote:  In which cases the FRM dump is needed guys ?

In most cases it´s caused of failed coding, programming or even because of disconnecting the battery, as far as I know this is because of a faulty bootloader, which makes the eeprom "empty" after the frm restarts / reboots (correct me if I´m wrong)
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2018, 12:35 PM,
(11-12-2018, 09:38 AM)Freddy1 Wrote:  
(10-12-2018, 13:22 PM)smilo Wrote:  In which cases the FRM dump is needed guys ?

In most cases it´s caused of failed coding, programming or even because of disconnecting the battery, as far as I know this is because of a faulty bootloader, which makes the eeprom "empty" after the frm restarts / reboots (correct me if I´m wrong)

In my cases always part of eeprom corupted by voltage drops..but it can be dead by many other tasks as you say like coding or simple error ereading(with bad voltage) can corupt it..
12-12-2018, 22:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-12-2018, 22:24 PM by smilo.)
Thanks guys -
I ask because I have a FRM3 F25 that I tried to flash, then failed just after BTLD installed.
The ECU has no SWFL and doesn't accept any flash TAL.
You think dumping the ECU could help to flash it correctly ?
12-12-2018, 22:31 PM,
(12-12-2018, 22:23 PM)smilo Wrote:  Thanks guys -
I ask because I have a FRM3 F25 that I tried to flash, then failed just after BTLD installed.
The ECU has no SWFL and doesn't accept any flash TAL.
You think dumping the ECU could help to flash it correctly ?

sure.. you can repair it on bench but also can try reflash and encode it again..inject cafd and code than repead flash
12-12-2018, 23:25 PM,
The ECU has no SWFL now.. impossible to code/inject CAFD
for the flash, the problem is that HWEL changed on the ECU since the flash fails - don't understand why. Then, when I try with a new calculated TAL, the falsh fails again telling that it's not the expected HWEL.

I don't have a bench for FRM - only HUs NBT/EVO. It needs ignition and ZGW ?
13-12-2018, 01:30 AM,
0AirBag  RE: FRM dump_full need
(12-12-2018, 23:25 PM)smilo Wrote:  The ECU has no SWFL now.. impossible to code/inject CAFD
for the flash, the problem is that HWEL changed on the ECU since the flash fails - don't understand why. Then, when I try with a new calculated TAL, the falsh fails again telling that it's not the expected HWEL.

I don't have a bench for FRM - only HUs NBT/EVO. It needs ignition and ZGW ?

by bench I was mean mcu data repair with external programer..if you cant recover it by obd..did you try Ista-p by module replacement?