Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

WinKFP Expert - What is 0da & 0pa?
04-01-2019, 18:56 PM,
XZBMW  WinKFP Expert - What is 0da & 0pa?
Hello,

So i'm updating a DME module with winKFP
There are circumstances that are forcing me to update the module using the expertmode in winkfp.

I end up flashing 2 files: a program file and a data file (0pa and 0da).

What i would like to know:

- What is the definition of a program file? What does it do with the DME? What kind of info is stored in this file?

- What is the definition of a data file? What does it do with the DME? What kind of info is stored in this file?

- What is the relationship between the above files? Can they be interchanged? Is it possible to flash 1 of the above without flashing the other one?

Kind regards.
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2019, 19:09 PM,
RE: WinKFP Expert - What is 0da & 0pa?
Hi

The file 0pa corresponds to HARDWARE NUMBER and the 0DA is SOFTWARE NUMBER.

The content contains the vehicle information and cartography, you can open them with notepad to have a preview of the content.

.:: Take your fingers out of the... and Rep +Thanks, it's not difficult ::.
VIN MAGIC PRO Beta Test Youtube

FeatureCode Carplay
Ilean Offline Licence
SSD Creator Licence
GenEsys Creator Licence
[+] 1 user says Thank You to scorpium59 for this post
04-01-2019, 19:49 PM,
(04-01-2019, 19:09 PM)scorpium59 Wrote:  Hi

The file 0pa corresponds to HARDWARE NUMBER and the 0DA is SOFTWARE NUMBER.

The content contains the vehicle information and cartography, you can open them with notepad to have a preview of the content.

Ok, thankyou for that info.

So say i want to convert a dde from a 330d to a 335d dde, the dde is a dde626, but the hardware numbers are different so i need to use expert mode. 

I have found the correct ZBU for a 335d E90 chassis.

Do i need to flash both program and data file or will the program file be sufficient? 

Kind regards
04-01-2019, 20:04 PM,
I can not tell you, I know that the opposite is fesable memory as for example a dde604 with mitsubichi software replace by garret software. But concerning the change of material number I do not know.

I have never done such manipulation.

.:: Take your fingers out of the... and Rep +Thanks, it's not difficult ::.
VIN MAGIC PRO Beta Test Youtube

FeatureCode Carplay
Ilean Offline Licence
SSD Creator Licence
GenEsys Creator Licence
04-01-2019, 20:19 PM,
(04-01-2019, 20:04 PM)scorpium59 Wrote:  I can not tell you, I know that the opposite is fesable memory as for example a dde604 with mitsubichi software replace by garret software. But concerning the change of material number I do not know.

I have never done such manipulation.

Ok thankyou for the effort and the information! yes

Kind regards
05-01-2019, 18:43 PM,
Generally there are protections in the DME that will prevent this from working. When a DME/DDE is used for a couple different power levels, there is a power setting that becomes locked at 20 hours of runtime. Likewise with power kit flashes, if you don't have the FSC loaded, a certain bit gets toggled in the flash and you don't get boost.
Regarding hardware number, it's hard to say, but I'm not aware of any cases where you can get away with using an incorrect .0pa.
05-01-2019, 19:55 PM,
XZBMW  RE: WinKFP Expert - What is 0da & 0pa?
There is a mod similar to what you are trying.

The mod is conversion of a EU Fxx 523i to a 528i. It is valid for cars of production period where both models were delivered with the same N53 motor, albeit the 523i being detuned in HP & Torque.

But the DME Hardware numbers was identical, just one is detuned.

Reading the info on it, they modify production dates and FA etc. (7 page instructions).
If you do try, its always safer to make backup of ecu before trying.

Good luck
06-01-2019, 16:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2019, 16:11 PM by I_LOVE_BOOSTERS.)
(05-01-2019, 18:43 PM)RocketSurgeon Wrote:  Generally there are protections in the DME that will prevent this from working. When a DME/DDE is used for a couple different power levels, there is a power setting that becomes locked at 20 hours of runtime. Likewise with power kit flashes, if you don't have the FSC loaded, a certain bit gets toggled in the flash and you don't get boost.
Regarding hardware number, it's hard to say, but I'm not aware of any cases where you can get away with using an incorrect .0pa.

Yeah but after the DDE is flashed with all 335d software, my tuner can edit that so it doesn't go into 'limp'...

(05-01-2019, 19:55 PM)Kenny Wrote:  There is a mod similar to what you are trying.

The mod is conversion of a EU Fxx 523i to a 528i. It is valid for cars of production period where both models were delivered with the same N53 motor, albeit the 523i being detuned in HP & Torque.

But the DME Hardware numbers was identical, just one is detuned.

Reading the info on it, they modify production dates and FA etc. (7 page instructions).
If you do try, its always safer to make backup of ecu before trying.

Good luck

Yeah i found that conversion already.. Very strange that the hardware number isnt different..

Our project is a E90 330d with a 335d engine.. 
The reason i have this dde problem is as following: 

We didn't want to change both dde and cas when the engine swap happend, so we bought a second hand 335d dde and cloned the 330 dde tot the 335 dde so we can keep the connection between dde and cas, then the plan was to flash a standard 335d software to that cloned dde (winkfp doesn't write to ews and stuff so)... 

FA was already edited to a 335d E90, the only thing i can still do is modify production date, production date of the car is 2005 and the 335 didnt come around until 2006, maybe this is causing the fail.

I already tried flashing in expert mode, program loaded perfectly, data flash went until 70% and failed eventually with way to many faults. 

So now i guess i'm a little stuck, not much to find on the web about this kinda problems...
07-01-2019, 06:54 AM,
If hardware number is the same then you can flash DME successfully with any other .OPA specified for the same hardware. The .Opa must be compatible with the hardware, .OPA is the firmware(operating system) and .oda the coding info of application file, that is how I understand it. If you want to change only the coding info, you can flash on the .oda file!

Share the faults you are getting when you flash and let us also see configuration on winkfp. Using an ICOM? Lastly, what is the hardware no of the DDE and what ZUSB are you flashing to (or ODA,OPA numbers)? What is your vin no, the two numbers marked X in the vin at position 4,5,6 and & 7? WBAXXXX.

I have done several of such on DMEs with matching hardware numbers.
07-01-2019, 17:36 PM,
(07-01-2019, 06:54 AM)willisodhiambo Wrote:  If hardware number is the same then you can flash DME successfully with any other .OPA specified for the same hardware. The .Opa must be compatible with the hardware, .OPA is the firmware(operating system) and .oda the coding info of application file, that is how I understand it. If you want to change only the coding info, you can flash on the .oda file!

Share the faults you are getting when you flash and let us also see configuration on winkfp. Using an ICOM? Lastly, what is the hardware no of the DDE and what ZUSB are you flashing to (or ODA,OPA numbers)? What is your vin no, the two numbers marked X in the vin at position 4,5,6 and & 7? WBAXXXX.

I have done several of such on DMEs with matching hardware numbers.

Thanks in advance for your responds and information.
The thing i find very strange is: the ecu of a 330d and a 335d is both DDE626 and still they have a different hardware number?

So i do need the firmware of the 335d (need to use expert mode so i can flash without hardware number check). 
And i also need the data file because the engine mapping is in here?

I'll try to re flash the ecu and take some screenshots of the faults asap. Everytime i flash the dde is bricked spp i need to re clone it again. 

Used d-can, icom: all have same result.
In attachement you can see several screenshots of the info you requested.

I found the ZUSB number on the ecu. These are the original zusb and the update to that original version.
The reason i can not use the comfort mode on the ecu is because the hardware number has been cloned from the 330d ecu to the 335d ecu. So if i use update ZUSB then winkfp just updates the 330d dde with an update to that 330d ecu.

Screenshots also show the uif print from inpa listing the ecu's.

Kind regards.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CCC flash WINKFP ICOM BimmerSLO 9 366 29-03-2024, 19:17 PM
Last Post: Hoborg
XZBMW WinKFP can't find ZUSB 6957356 andre426hemi 4 284 25-03-2024, 00:40 AM
Last Post: armenh7
XZBMW coding 2018 bmw bike with ncs expert carlosabh71 11 1,483 16-03-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: TheNine90
  Solved ✔ FIXED! winkfp flash DME fail? bushido1992 4 368 28-01-2024, 17:51 PM
Last Post: bushido1992
XZBMW WINKFP egs Fault rana 17 2,944 23-12-2023, 17:02 PM
Last Post: Nightrider_67
  WinKFP E60 ZB-nummer help Lev 26 1,318 04-12-2023, 22:25 PM
Last Post: ____ANGEL___
XZBMW Solved ✔ E91 2010 flashing winkfp redog4dy 8 432 23-11-2023, 06:32 AM
Last Post: redog4dy
XZBMW ZCS BMW X5 E53 (FA NCS EXPERT) CARTERMILLER 4 487 27-09-2023, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Vadim AA
XZBMW BMW e60 can not read coding ncs expert from Airbag brahem 10 732 18-09-2023, 16:47 PM
Last Post: brahem
  BMW NCS Expert - Error DaBotta 7 566 21-08-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Diagmaister