Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Autotuner vs Magic x17
11-01-2019, 02:29 AM,
Autotuner vs Magic x17
Autotuner or Magic x17 tool? opinion for or against?
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2019, 10:15 AM,
RE: Autotuner vs Magic x17
Autotuner free update good tool ... x17 do more ecu and 675e per 1years for update and support... i have auto tuner is exellent good support do latest ecu
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ar257 for this post
11-01-2019, 20:57 PM,
I recently took x17 and flex. I spent a lot of time studying what was the best for my job. autotuner seems to be a great tool for new cars and conventional readings. magic is a more complete tool at the moment that allows you to do even uncommon things. choose according to your work ... all the original tools are good now
[+] 1 user says Thank You to markone for this post
12-01-2019, 17:08 PM,
yes its all about your needing..x17 is more for cloning and repairs also while others are more for tunning only.also worth too look subs polices some tools stop working after subs are gone..autotuner clames thay not charge anything lifetime but i am not sure how this worx long term  thinking
[+] 1 user says Thank You to rs@chip for this post
12-01-2019, 22:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-01-2019, 22:30 PM by volavka.)
(12-01-2019, 17:08 PM)rs@chip Wrote:  also worth too look subs polices some tools stop working after subs are gone.

Do you mean x17 its stop after subscription expired ? biggrin

BEST CHIPTUNING SERVICE BY Zenter Performance  [Image: congrats.gif]

Contact Skype: zenter-88 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ZenterPerformance
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

highest Quality ChiPTuninG Files BY PTF Team https://performance-tuningfiles.com/
POWER BY TECHNOLOGY drive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BEST CHIPTUNING SERVICE BY Jurebv   [Image: yes.gif]
Contact Skype: live:jure.coric_1
https://files.tuning-makarska.com/
-
IMMO/ECU , ODO , AIRBAG , CARRADIO , TESTED SOLUTIONS UNDER MY SOFTWARE   
In progress TUNING STAGE1/DPF/SCR/EGR/TVA/FLAP/ START STOP OFF Software 

WHAT'S NEWS !
-Steering Angle Sensor Restore For LEXUS,TOYOTA,SUBARU,MITSUBISHI,VAG 
-Citroen DS5 Steering lock Renew/Write Code by dumps
-Passat CCM Repair corrupted dump succes
-VAG ECU SIMOS PCR 2.1 KM WITH CRC CORRECTED !
-IMMO OFF For NISSAN/INIFINITI with HITACHI ECU | CPU SH705X
-Dacia Dashboard with Fujitsu MB96F6A6 Change km/Block Synchro Dash-ABS

-=[Full WinOLS/ECM Titanium User] =-

Remember!  dirty hands  are a sign of clean money 

шшш.αήkαbôôτ.Ćô.цk
Visit this user's website
[+] 1 user says Thank You to volavka for this post
13-01-2019, 00:27 AM,
I also used to choose between those 2 tools, and took X17. Now I am not very sure, if I did the right choice. The tool isn't bad, has good and fast support and covers lots of ECU, but I can not thrust this tool very much. Every time, I do a type of ECU, I didn't before, I have this stress if it will success.
Had already problems with VAG DCM 6.2V and VAG EDC17CP44.
Here the pro and con's based on my experience:
PRO:
1.)amount of ECU coverage, 2.)good support, 3.)lots of gearbox TCU's supported (especially for cloning VAG, BMW mechatronics), 4.)large Virtual Read database, 5.) VAG ECU update support, you can write directly FRF files, 5.)frequently protocol updates, 6.)tool works also after subs expire.
CONTRA:
1.)The programing is very slow compared to other tools,for example an ordinary EDC17CP14 takes up to 25 minutes! PCR 2.1 also almost 20 min. and so on.
2.) Next thing, it's absolutely not user friendly, you have 3 tools which you have to use in same time for reading BOOT EDC17 (the x17, the breakbox and magpro tricore password plugin). And every step doing manually, first tricore password reading, then saving password, then go back, choose Bootloader IROM, then loading password, then read, then go back again, then coosing Bootloader XROM, then loading passoword again then reading, then go back, then choosing Bootloader EEPROM, load password, read and finally you have your full ECU backup. The next important thing is, that you must also manually switch on/off ECU power on the breakbox! This means, reading is finished, your ECU is still powered on. In worse case, if you forget to switch power off and pull the cables from the ECU pin's, there might be short circuits!
On other tool you click on "Backup", and that's it! Unlocking, reading, powering on/off automatic.
3.)The software doesn't work without power supply on X17! This means, only if you want to check quickly an protocol, you have to connect the BIG power supply to electricity and breakbox, breakbox to X17, X17 to laptop and then program starts.
4.)Everything costs money there! If you change user data=150 euros, if you install it on more than 3 laptops=tool locked! unlocking 300 euros, then you can install on any devices. If you want to link a slave user to your master account: 400 euros!

PS: sorry for the longer post, but I wish, I had this informations before buying.
Don't get me wrong, X17 is still a great tool, lot's of professionals are using it because of it's possibilities. But I would like to have more comfort, autotuner would be a better choice for me.
If you like more options and functions, choose magpro. Maybe the new "Flex" from Magicmotorsport is way better. If you like comfort and spend less money on long term, then autotuner.
This is my experience, other may see this in a different way, I hope I helped you choosing the right tool.
best regards
[+] 7 users say Thank You to premium89 for this post
13-01-2019, 01:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 13-01-2019, 01:42 AM by rs@chip.)
premium89 its exactly how you describe with every tool..you need some time to see all benifits and fails..I cant speak about x17 I have it on my hand few times for example when I couldnt clone edc17c60 from new psa with CMD Flash neither Ktag..x17 actualy read and write whole mcu without problem.at this point magic was gvery good tool in my mind but to be sure you have use it for a while and than you get complete picture like you did..Is it realy fuly working without subs?I use CMD , Kess/Ktag , Fgtech for a long time now and for me cmd is best of the best tools and never let me down..only thing with it is subs soon as thay end cant acess to online services like crc,rsa,seedkeys for most of the ecus..basicly stop working.If cmd not changes this I will also go for flex or autotuner
[+] 3 users say Thank You to rs@chip for this post
13-01-2019, 02:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 13-01-2019, 02:56 AM by premium89.)
I can't tell 100% by myself, because I am still in the first year of sub, which you get after first activation of the tool, but a friend of mine, which uses x17 for longer time, gave me info about the functions after subs expire.
This means:
Internet connection is mandatory and you are still able to use automatic online functions like: Tricore password decryption, cks correction, virtual reading, login to your dashboard, where all your ECU pinouts and connections are described.
You lose:
Software updates for bugfixes and new protocols and online chat/help/support/services for questions if something goes wrong (or maybe its not free of charge any more?)

Few Things, which i forgot to mention in last post:
They added BMW BOSCH MDG1 protocols by OBD(new G-Series) which is very cool so far.
BUT, when I open the protocol, there is their comment "This type of ECU might can't be recovered, writing at your own risk" So my question, why they let me work on an € 1.600,- ECU with THEIR tool, when they are not 100% sure of successful programing and even tough can not be restored in any way?
Same with 2018 Delphi DCM 6.2V, i was able to virtual read, modded the file, then wrote by OBD. Programing stucked 3 times in row at 99%, Car was dead. No recovery option, because no Bench, no Boot mode, no JTAG on table for this ECU, only OBD. Luckily, I was able to restore with ODIS, Car started again.
After contacting support the next day, they told me about new particular ECU protection on newer Delphi VAG, not possible at this moment to mod with X17. Then don't let me download virtual read, if programing isn't possible, or give me a warning!

OTHERWISELY Pro:
You can't buy for this amount of money a more complete master tool, which does CARS, BIKES, TCU'S, TRUCKS, TRACTOR on BOTH! ways (OBD and table). At any other competitor tools like Dimsport, CMD, Alientech, etc, you have to pay almost twice more to cover all these protocols by OBD AND TABLE mode. Autotuner costs nearly the same, but does only cars and some lcv.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to premium89 for this post
13-01-2019, 21:01 PM,
Is Autotuner capable of cloning ECU?
20-01-2019, 21:13 PM,
autotuner vag dcm6.2 works well ??

If I helped, click on thank you and reputation biker
[+] 2 users say Thank You to michelespl for this post