Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Think i killed EIS ESL ...
19-01-2019, 18:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 19-01-2019, 18:57 PM by Mshumacher.)
YTMercedes  Think i killed EIS ESL ...
Mercedes CLK 230 2001-2002.

Triangular shaped EZS 240 545 00 08

Sometimes key turns and starts. Most of the time keys dont turn on the ignition switch so doesnt even power-up the dash.

Read Keys by IR, all give SSID,Insertions etc ,.

Took out of the car EIS & ESL Units. (ESL was unlocked position when taking it out which i think is wrong position)

Went to bench EIS and ESL .. and.. made a BIG mistake for trying to do things fast : I connected GND to CAN High on the EZS !!

Strangely connected wrong it still worked and turned the key 2 times ( I guess it went nuts ..)   with the esl lock not moving.  

Disconnected alll, connected all wright now and...

I measured Data Lines outputs :

EZS => Both CAN output 4.5 Volts, Kline outputs 12 V

ESL => Both CAN output 12V.

So i think i killed both ?¿ ESL i suppose i could replace with emulator, and EIS maybe flash of mcu could be repaired?¿? Or killed forever ?¿ MCUs are 2D69J if i remember correctly.  If i read data from mcus could i transfer it to other mcu chip , solder new mcu and repair ezs?¿

When i insert a key in the barrel consumption goes up from 0.09 to 0.14 so it detects when i insert a key.

But with the oscilloscope im not getting can or kline data just  Volts, so i think i damaged mcus ?¿?

I dont it would work, but if i left the barrel in position to always turn the key and connect in the car to power without connecting data lines do you think it would power the dash and start the car ?? ( Im probably dreaming )) biggrin

So what would be possible solutions ?? I guess if i bought a used ezs with Key it wouldnt work ??

Maybe i should try to read MCUS ??

I have xprog.. although to take out the internal mcu i would need to desolder the flex cables in this ( Stupid triangle format ezs)
Dont like the idea of desoldering those flex... as they could easily get damaged..

I guess theres no way to read mcus in circuit ¿? ¿?

Im really depressed i made this mistake... dont know what to do now...

If i bought a 2nd hand unit what would be the best way to go ¿?
Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2019, 22:24 PM,
RE: Think i killed EIS ESL ...
I think there must be some can drivers.
exchange these drivers, and try again, if not working swap mcus from original eis to
second hand one
[+] 1 user says Thank You to newtronic for this post
20-01-2019, 00:17 AM,
I found how to make the key the turn , apply 12v to coil and i can turn the key.

So gonna try with the key already turned position , connect to the car only power to the ezs ( Not the can lines in this state as i think outputs 4.5V are wrong and could brake other car units) and see if car would start ..but i dont think im that lucky. Also i wont connect ESL either for this test as i also think 12V output from KLine is wrong. If it started i could put a microswitch 12v to the coil so it pulses 12v to it and allow key turn. But i dont think im that lucky.

Also i read somewhere the EZS is like a gateway ?¿? So it needs ezs can lines to communicate between modules unit controls ? Or this is only for obd diag ??

As i guess it wont work, thinking about it maybe i could :

A ) Buy 2nd hand EZS, buy esl emulator, and make immo off to the engine ecu ? Would this combo allow me to start the car with any key¿???
Immo off posible in this car i think its a bosch ecu 2.0 or 2.1 ??

B )Or buy 2nd hand EZS+ESL Emulator+ transfe both MCUS data info to 2nd hand unit.
20-01-2019, 14:57 PM,
Update, tried it in the car, connected EZS+ESL with the EZS with the key in already turned and i got the dash lights on, but it doesnt even crank. And i tried the diagnostic port ( old round version on this car on the engine by the windshield) and.... Not connecting to any unit by mercedes star... " HHT win not available on this system message "
So i think i can say the EZS is dead because can lines arent working ¿?

Now my doubt is, maybe if i just enabled to turn the key before breaking can lines on the EZS, maybe it wouldve started the car.

However, i think i should read the two Chips on the ezs, try cloning data to 2nd hand ezs and get also a used esl or esl emulator... MCUS are 2D69J
I have xprog, upa.. is it possible to read in circuit board ??

Also is there a way to check the data on mcus isnt corrupted ??

I took out the engine ecu and its a BOSCH 0261 204 527
Mercedes part A 022 545 26 32 hw 48.95
Engine petrol 2.3
Does someone know if this ecu can be immo OFF ?? by writing mcu or need julie type immo off ??

Mmm im gonna have nightmares with this benz...
20-01-2019, 21:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-01-2019, 21:10 PM by Mshumacher.)
Update :

Tested scrap ESL with +12V and gnd... has same outputs so maybe esl isnt damaged-

On another Test looking for can signal on ezs on bench ... I have can signal on pins 10 & 11 ... instead of the pins i was looking in 4 &5 i guess 4 &5 are can line to communicate with ESL and 10 &11 go to the rest of the car..

Anyway still cant connect on the table to the ezs with mercedes star using can pins 10 &11 ...
Is this normal ???

When i tried on the car the list of units appeared, almost all with F or f except 1 that had the check mark but when trying to enter each unit all said HHTwin not available on this system. Could this be something wrong or missing on star software ? as i never connected to a car with this old connector on the engine fusebox

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
PPeugeot Peugeot 407 FVDI killed BSI Help meg please atis 3 1,194 16-10-2019, 00:40 AM
Last Post: snyper
  BSI problem, killed by DP4, need dump 29LV400BB cubica 1 605 31-10-2018, 01:09 AM
Last Post: cubica
LFord Need full BDM for Ford focus 1.6tdci. ECU killed by MPPS. vb23 17 10,099 26-04-2016, 11:52 AM
Last Post: vb23