Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

BMW Ecu Tcb1 VIN
21-02-2019, 23:03 PM,
XZBMW  BMW Ecu Tcb1 VIN
Hi Guys!

Is there a way to change the TCB1 Vin? I flashed the TCB1 and now I cant flash it back to the original VIN. Im using ESY and tried changing manually the VIN number in the FA but it just give me an error report.

Ray
Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2019, 14:05 PM,
RE: BMW Ecu Tcb1 VIN
Hers what happened.

1. Bought a FSC kit from FSCMap.com for the Donor VIN
2. Install an emulator.
3. Retrofit the tcb.
4. Hook up ESys.
5. Read and save FA
6. Edit FA and change the VIN to the donor’s in the FA
7. Injected a Cafd file using the revised FA to TCB.
8. Let the car sleep or reset the ecu using ista. Ista should now report that the HU and TCB is programmed for another car.
9. Both the HU and TCB now should have the same donor VIN.
10. You should now be able to receive sms from Connecteddrive and remote services should be working.

Now the thing that ruined my retrofit was I accidentally coded the TCB again but with the car’s VIN. It removed the donor vin and now it is the car’s vin. Once this is done I cannot change the VIN back to donor’s VIN. The only way to make the tcb work is to manually change the VIN in TCB cafd file by Fdl coding the VIN. All connected drive options work in the car but I cannot use the remote services anymore. This is why I’m asking if there’s away of changing the TCB VIN using other tools. I have not used the BMW tools. I’ve only used Ista and ESys.

Annoying but at least I got almost everything. Only the remote services missing.
28-02-2019, 07:00 AM,
RE: BMW Ecu Tcb1 VIN
Finally found a way to change the VIN of the TCB1 ecu back to the original donor VIN.

The steps were as follows:
0. Connect to the car using Gateway url method.
1. In Expert Mode, read and edit the FA.
2. Manually change the VINlong in the FA.
3. Save this FA using a unique name like 'TCB only'
4. Goto Comfort Mode and press Tal-Calculating.
5. Load FA using the FA file with the changed VINlong in step 3.
6. Read VCM
7. Save it to SVT-ist.xml
8. In SVT target click on Complete Flash and change the I step (shipmnt) to your car's detail.
9. Click Claculate and once finished save it to SVT-oll.xml
10. Goto Tal and calculate new tal
11. Save svt-tal.xml
12. Goto to Expert Mode and Tal-processing.
13. In tal open the svt-tal.xml
14. In SVt open the svt-oll.xml
15. In FA Enter VIN of the Donor TCB VIN
16. Remove all the ticks to all ECU only tick on the TCB ecu. If you are using Esys 3.31 itll automatically choose the ones thats needed. For other version please read the flashing guide for guidance. Search it in google please.
17. Click on the Option at the top and choose setting.
18. Unclick the 'Update VCM after processing' this will allow the TCB to be flashed without error.
19. Click on Start and watch the tcb be flashed and returnEd to the original donor vin.
20. Once finished go to Coding and inject Cafd file and make sure the FA file is still the unique file you created in step 3.
21. Press Code.

This would now code the TCB1 ECU back to its original VIN and with the required Cafd file.

This would make the remote services work again with your TCB1 ecu that has been coded and the donor VIN written over with the car's VIN. It may be similar for the ATM. Someone with ATM can check it themselves.

Flashing would result to hundreds of errors. Hence, those who are new to flashing and do not know how to remove errors should not do this. I use ISTA to delete all errors.

If anyone decides to do the above, You do it at your own risk.