Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Solved ✔ ISTA-P problem - no text in interface on windows 10 - please help me.
14-03-2019, 14:28 PM,
RE: ISTA-P problem - no text in interface on windows 10 - please help me.
Thank all of you for your effort and willingness to help.

I will not touch Standard Tools as you say it has nothing to do with ISTA-P fault I am experiencing.

Well ISTA-P has worked OK for a moment on 10.03 but than the trouble is back again. Therefore I think the issue has to be about some settings or component of windows 10 itself. But which and what is the issue?

I have disabled all automatic windows updates and uninstalled the uptades that were put on the system lately - as Matthew353 suggested above. Result still the same.

I will try to switch off windows defender and disable (perhaps uninstall temporarily) anty-virus and it's firewall  first (ESET Smart Security). I will also double check if .NET 2.0 is on - looks like all required .NET frameworks are installed as a part of Windows 10 Pro system.

Fresh instrall? - oh please no....
I wanted to avoid this to preserve previously installed programs while upgrading from Windows 7 x64.
I know - fresh clean should be the best but installing everything from scratch - if only it is possible I want to avoid it.
If I have to I would rather try the WIN10 in-place re-install / upgarde which as I heard preserves installed aplications.
Do yo think it can help?

Looks like there is still something to try before giving up and returning to good old windows 7.
I will come back to tell you about results.
Thanks a lot.
14-03-2019, 15:34 PM,
(14-03-2019, 14:28 PM)sfinks2 Wrote:  Thank all of you for your effort and willingness to help.

I will not touch Standard Tools as you say it has nothing to do with ISTA-P fault I am experiencing.

Well ISTA-P has worked OK for a moment on 10.03 but than the trouble is back again. Therefore I think the issue has to be about some settings or component of windows 10 itself. But which and what is the issue?

I have disabled all automatic windows updates and uninstalled the uptades that were put on the system lately - as Matthew353 suggested above. Result still the same.

I will try to switch off windows defender and disable (perhaps uninstall temporarily) anty-virus and it's firewall  first (ESET Smart Security). I will also double check if .NET 2.0 is on - looks like all required .NET frameworks are installed as a part of Windows 10 Pro system.

Fresh instrall? - oh please no....
I wanted to avoid this to preserve previously installed programs while upgrading from Windows 7 x64.
I know - fresh clean should be the best but installing everything from scratch - if only it is possible I want to avoid it.
If I have to I would rather try the WIN10 in-place re-install / upgarde which as I heard preserves installed aplications.
Do yo think it can help?

Looks like there is still something to try before giving up and returning to good old windows 7.
I will come back to tell you about results.
Thanks a lot.

Not sure why you are having so many problems. But send teamviewer id so I can have a look (send via PM).
15-03-2019, 15:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 18-03-2019, 09:41 AM by sfinks2.)
Well, I know it may sound strange but I am still fighting with it and already nearly running out of ideas.

All C++ redists are installed.
Both java x86 and x64 are installed.
Piaredist is here also.
Based on instruction given somewhere in internet I have checked based on registy entries and it looks like all required .NET framewoks are installed. I have selected every component of .NET availabe as element of Win10 x64 system. They are all ticked and the installation proces was finished succesfully.
I have deinstalled the antivirus (ESET Smart Security) and it did not help either - the problem still exists.
So currently I have installed ESET back to be protected from viruses.

Looks like I need to try in-place win10 upgrade (reinstall preserving installed applications).

I really do apprecite your (beemerboy88) offer to directly assist me, but I also realize that you are very busy VIP member on this forum. I can clearly see enormous amount of work on important stuff you conribute to others. Therefore I am trying to fix whatever I can myself before I will have to bother you asking for direct support.

I will be back after the widows in-place upgrade to inform you on results.
Thanks to everyone for all your help so far.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to sfinks2 for this post
19-03-2019, 15:24 PM,
Hi again.
Winows 10 in-place re-install done, all windows updates up-to-date done (drivers update excluded).
Still not working - result exacly the same. Hoped it will work because previous install of Win 10 was done from "blocked" ISO file, this time double checked and unblocked before re-install.

I have no idea what to try next.
Maybe I should try to delete all the drivers one by one and replace them with dafault Windows 10 drivers.

I guess INPA and stuff is not the cause as it seems to work OK.
By the way - can anyone advise me where I can get the INPA installation recomended for Windows 10 x64 Pro - preferrably the full package and easy to install (my car is E61).

Thanks.
19-03-2019, 18:55 PM,
Send me pm, I'll look.

Only BMW services:

Remote coding/programming - E, F, G serie
HDD change, Carplay, Screen mirroring activation
FSC pack - CIC, NBT, NBT EVO, ENTRYNAV2, MGU, KAFAS
Remote reset 8HP ISN F serie
ELV disable for CAS3, 3+
25-03-2019, 11:00 AM,
I have the screen resolution of 1366x768 max.
Could this be the reason? Is it enough for ISTA-P?
25-03-2019, 18:39 PM,
(25-03-2019, 11:00 AM)sfinks2 Wrote:  I have the screen resolution of 1366x768 max.
Could this be the reason? Is it enough for ISTA-P?

ISTA/P can work at 1024 x 768.

If resolution is not compatible you will get a warning message and ISTA/P will shut down.
01-04-2019, 14:16 PM,
Hello again.
Still the same problem.
Seems like I have tried everything I could do myself including in-place win10 reisnstall (twice already).

I am completely mad now and decided to give up - it is beond my capabilities.

I really do think about returning to Win7 x64 that I have pretty recently backed-up before upgrading to windows 10 x64 pro.

Beemerboy88 and/or Matthew53:
I will not manage to go any further without help, so it looks like I would need to kindly ask for your assistance.

The problem is that till this Wednesday I probably will not be availabe at my computer long enough for Team Viewer session.
Perhaps I can PM you my logs in the meantime if it can be of any help.

Are the files in folder "\BMW\ISTA-P\Operation\Log\00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" the needed ones?
Which of them should I send - perhaps all of them zipped?

I can test run ISTAP today evening and just to get logs to the stage it is launched with empty menus and PM you these logs. I have noted there are some errors (and some of them are "fatal") in these logs but I have no idea how to make use of these logs to solve my problem.

Please let me know if you have any ideas to try.
08-04-2019, 21:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2019, 22:00 PM by sfinks2.)
Hello again
No success still
I have reitalled all the required elements several times according to the instructions.
Adding PIARedist 2010 to together with 2005 did not help either.

I give up sad

Can anyone help me - PLEASE.........

PMs with Teamviewer ID sent to beemerboy88 and Matthew53
- is there any way to send attachment file with PM - I can send in the ISTA-P logs indicating some fatal errors relating to GUI. I do not know how to make use of these logs to solve my problem.
09-04-2019, 11:28 AM,
Looks like I have finally SOLVED it!undefined
Finally ISTA-P shows me the text in menus.

Perhaps it may help someone else with simmilar problem so here is what I have done:

- re-istalled .NET framework 2.0 and 3.5 - restart PC both after uninsall and re-install

- used Tweaking.com Windows Repair to:
  •      Reset Registry Prermissions
  •      Reset File Permissions
  •      Reset Services Permissions
  •      Register System Files
  •      Remove Temp Files
  •      Repair Windows Shadow Copy Service
  •      Repair Windows Snipping Tool (whatever it is)
  •      Restore UAC (User Account Control) Settings 
- added exclusion of folder c:/BMW/ ISTA-P to ESET Antivirus

- deleted and unpacked again the  whole ISTA-P Standalone folder except content of C:\BMW\ISTA-P\BMW\Services\data\ecudata

- reset ISTA-P loader and put in the actual resolution of my screen + language + expert mode.

No idea what has helped actually - it must have been something with my windows. Just in case - I have created the system restore point immediately after it started to work.

Big thanks to all people on this forum for your willingness to help me.undefined

p.s. how can I mark thread as solved?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ista 4.46 Standalone kiranabc 61 8,658 Yesterday, 04:49 AM
Last Post: kiranabc
XZBMW [MEGA] ISTA 4.32 // ISTA-P 3.72 + ALL LOADER up to 6.6 // no license needed hashtagmaster 60 18,039 18-04-2024, 18:36 PM
Last Post: alexak
XZBMW ISTA Standalone Licenserequest up to v4.37.4x Sedoy 8,696 651,329 18-04-2024, 14:17 PM
Last Post: Sedoy
XZBMW ISTA+ 4.45.3x Install Files - MEGA shawnsheridan 10 2,179 18-04-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: rocdeng
  ISTA Polish SQLiteDBs 4.45.30 PL Thomas77 0 93 17-04-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Thomas77
XZBMW ISTA+ 4.46.5x Install Files - MEGA shawnsheridan 4 764 16-04-2024, 14:31 PM
Last Post: shawnsheridan
XZBMW ISTA 4.46.5x I-LEVEL+OVERVIEW AutoExe3219 0 210 16-04-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: AutoExe3219
  Bmw G31 retrofit Mgu id7 atm problem intranet 19 2,267 15-04-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: evaldazj
XZBMW ISTA+ 4.39 add/enable Expertmode ABL alex_cv 3 286 14-04-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: alex_cv
  ISTA File Missing? Homersbud 5 285 13-04-2024, 23:53 PM
Last Post: rocdeng