Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

11-03-2019, 12:04 PM,
E46 MRS
Hi all. I have some problem with mrs unit on e46, there is temic 65.77-8372521 . Airbag have crash data "Internal control unit error", somedays ago I have restored airbag unit, but after few days drive crashdata comes again. Why crashdata writes again in ecu ? Maybe inside ecu something broken and need new ecu ?
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2019, 12:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2019, 12:55 PM by Vojno.)
RE: E46 MRS
I have no concrete information, but enter this error directly because this event occurred.
Testing or simple deletion should not be used again by the SRS system.
I've seen this error several times, and the replacement is a reassuring solution.
I note quietly, there was maybe a call back action...

Vojnó
Press Thanks and reputation under if this post helped you. 
11-03-2019, 15:39 PM,
I have found problem. It's not ecu fault. small voltage drop will write crashdata in memory on these airbag ecu's, have tested with dead battery.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to ltujustas for this post
11-03-2019, 17:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2019, 17:08 PM by Enabled.)
Interesting, good job.

Internal error is not necessarily crash data.
12-03-2019, 08:25 AM,
As far as I know, the MRS runs a self-test and if something is wrong, it disables itself! (internal error and locked)
This is possible for many reasons:
- excessive collision event, many airbag launches
- internal failure, software or hardware failure during self-test,
- and perhaps if "crash data" exist then locked to be evaluated
They cannot be deleted by simple diagnostics!

without being exhaustive smile

Vojnó
Press Thanks and reputation under if this post helped you. 
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Vojno for this post
13-03-2019, 19:47 PM,
Can also be bad coding, eg if you have coded out a seat occupancy sensor, but the sensor is still connected, it can decide that the coding and memory must be faulty.