Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

F10 ACC DSC Replacement Brake Warning
29-03-2019, 07:23 AM,
F10 ACC DSC Replacement Brake Warning
So last night I changed my DSC pump for an ACC version. I followed ISTA with no issues. I injected a CAFD and VO coded then took it for a test run. As soon as I started braking I got a brake fault. I checked with ISTA and it was front and rear brake sensor. I checked my CBS and it returned brake pad service due 0 miles and was also not resettable in the KOMBI service menu. I then flashed the DSC to latest i-Level to match the car, cleared faults and the CBS was showing correct and green again with no fault. I started to drive and the fault returned and CBS showed 0 miles again.

I haven't had a chance to check but I can't imagine I have broken both brake sensor cables! Anyone sen this before and can offer some advice?

TIA

Dave

I don't know much, but if I've helped you're welcome.
MGU Virgin/Component Protection Removal/Full Retrofit FSC
clapping BMW ISPI Admin Client License (Contact for info)
cheers Complete EntryNav2 FSC solution for Retrofit/Component Protection
enjoyKAFAS2 7E/BE/BF KAFAS4 11F/13E/13F
biggrin Carplay activations/FullScreen/ID4-5
rock EntryNav2 Carplay activations OEM/Provisioning
mail Contact me for more information
Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2019, 08:06 AM,
RE: F10 ACC DSC Replacement Brake Warning
Hi

Please can you share with me/us briefly the steps that you did for replacing the DSC? Bleeding process etc?

thanks
29-03-2019, 08:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 29-03-2019, 08:18 AM by DayvG.)
Yeah sure. Fully depressed brake pedal using a tool, removed wheel arch and trim. Disconnected brake lines to DSC, disconnected old DSC and fitted new one. Checked all connections were tight. Using a pressure/power bleeder I added new BMW DOT4 fluid, connected to reservoir and pressurised to just under 2 bar. I then bled the system starting at rear right, then rear left, front right then front left. Once clear and bubble free I checked the level in the power bleeder and ran the ISTA program for brake bleeding. On completion, checked reservoir level and put everything back together. I conducted the coding process prior to conducting the ISTA bleed program but flashed the ECU AFTER the bleed program.

Also On getting to the car this morning to drive to work the CBS was green again but was showing the incorrect mileage until next service was due. It was showing 3100 for front and rear. I'm sure this was at least 17000 on at least one of them. The second I start to drive the fault appears.

[+] 1 user says Thank You to DayvG for this post
29-03-2019, 08:48 AM,
As I know, usage of brake pads are calculated by DSC ECU. in your case, i am almost sure that new fitted DSC contains info from the previous vehicle. And this is contradicting with the CBS stored in KOMBI.

I would initiate some CBS ABL functions from ISTA to check what is stored in CBS exactly. and also I would check ABL functions for DSC pump - you can get them via service menu-> body(if i recall right) in ista or via search function.

if you would broke the sensors cable, a clear error about sensors will appear - no sensor fitted or something like this

just my thoughts...
[+] 1 user says Thank You to danyro for this post
29-03-2019, 08:55 AM,
Perfect, thank you. I will have a look when I get home. Does ISTA give the ability to amend/remove any service information or even completely remove stored information from a unit? I have read previously that the "Code default values" can be used in some instances and isn't necessarily as scary as we might think? (I'm not about to go and press it)

The positive part is i know my brake pads are fine and the brake system is functioning as expected albeit with the CBS/brake error present.

29-03-2019, 09:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 29-03-2019, 09:33 AM by danyro.)
yes, with ista you can update/adjust CBS info and much more service functions. but you cannot delete the CBS data. in worst case scenario, you can reset CBS brake pads from ISTA as a new brake pads replacement and in this case the counter will increment by 1 even you did not change them. Maybe ISTA will write the settings in all places/ECUs accordingly..

I assume "Code default values" you are reffering to ESYS which is for flashing/coding. i did not use it until now.

indeed, that i wanted to say - at least as you have working brakes... smile

LE: pads wear algorithm HERE
29-03-2019, 09:35 AM,
(29-03-2019, 09:26 AM)danyro Wrote:  in worst case scenario, you can reset CBS brake pads from ISTA as a new brake pads replacement and in this case the counter will increment by 1 even you did not change them. Maybe ISTA will write the settings in all places/ECUs accordingly..

I am thinking that this could be the place to solve the issue but I would like to think there would be a function to write the CBS information to the ECU? I kind of hoped that the VO coding with E-SYS would have synced the CBS information. I will run a measures plan and play with ISTA when I get home. It surely is just a software programming issue.

29-03-2019, 09:59 AM,
Nope - esys will not do that. its purpose its purely flashing/coding not initialization etc.
i saw from your previous nightmare topic with ICM error that was fixed via ISTA.

You have also CBS correction in ISTA so you will have to study a bit smile

keep us posted as i am somehow in the middle of decision to make this retrofit on my F25
29-03-2019, 10:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 29-03-2019, 10:04 AM by DayvG.)
I have all the parts now for the ACC/KAFAS2/HBA/SWW retrofit. New windscreen is on its way from Poland. I have found Allegro is a great place for parts at a great price.

The ACSM fault was purely not completing the start up/initialisation with the extra twisted pair connected from ICM to ACSM, obvious really.

Next step is just clearing the brake fault, there is always something!! Do you think I should attempt resetting the CBS from the KOMBI?

29-03-2019, 11:30 AM,
Solved with a reset back to 50000km. I’m going to get a garage to measure the brake pad thickness then adjust the values so they are accurate. Thanks for your help danyro

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E60 DSC unit, Cruise+brake vs ACC2 stop and go GoNz0- 0 32 Yesterday, 16:58 PM
Last Post: GoNz0-
  2006 BMW X5 E53 Converted to coil springs-Need to delete "self leveling warning koziol 11 1,143 22-03-2024, 14:22 PM
Last Post: Gabriel87
XZBMW Navi - GPS stuck after MGU replacement UP2UP 4 337 21-03-2024, 16:44 PM
Last Post: kubixix
XZBMW Lane change warning, front left slave not installed MrM10 2 107 29-02-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: MrM10
XZBMW Car isn't starting up due to red warning steering Lock MrM10 10 311 28-02-2024, 16:42 PM
Last Post: MrM10
XZBMW E70/71 EMF parking brake dumps treishu 0 75 15-02-2024, 20:38 PM
Last Post: treishu
  F25 Cluster mileage lower after battery replacement Spirit5676 1 196 15-01-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: cipi gutuie
XZBMW BMW G16 BDC replacement problem krolig 4 410 11-01-2024, 19:36 PM
Last Post: laquangksxd
XZBMW f10 temperature warning/chime redog4dy 1 117 05-01-2024, 13:08 PM
Last Post: TitanicSnake
XZBMW ATM1 Replacement mexicocoding 2 317 30-12-2023, 21:39 PM
Last Post: moreply