Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

VW DSG 7 Mechatronics
29-03-2019, 18:44 PM,
VW DSG 7 Mechatronics
Hi,

I am seeking some help from fellow members on my DSG 7 Mechatronics...I have purchased 2010 Vw Polo 1.4 Auto as a non-runner with gearbox issues.
I ran odis diagnostics and basically the fault codes were relating to low pressure and system voltage-too low. I removed the Mechatronics unit and stripped it.
The Mechatronics had some burnt plastic indicating some sort of heavy current has passed through it.
So I managed to purchase a used unit with good Mechatronics, which I setup on the bench and read the data along with the pressure group reading at 49.4 bar. The coding of this was same on both units.
However, after reading and viewing some youtube videos I decided to flash the software which is for my Vin. So with help of this forum I managed to get the sgo file.
I then tried to flash this file with  Odis engineering 8.2.3, It went as far as selecting the file then after 15 sec. or so it came up with dialog box say that it failed.
I then tried to read  the data again but now all it does is identifies the TCU but noticed that coding info. (20) is now blank.
The setup I have is Odis engineering 8.2.3 on win7x64 with VCX Nano interface, a member of Forum tried to help via TV but no luck.
He thinks my interface is not able to do it and suggested some other devices.
My main reason to purchase this car is to learn about DSG 7 Mechatronics, so any suggestions for my next step?
Thanks in advance
Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2019, 22:34 PM,
RE: VW DSG 7 Mechatronics
Hello.
by what you're saying what happened was that the drive was left blank and blocked. If you have the source file you can try to write again, through KESS, or another similar program.
30-03-2019, 08:07 AM,
(29-03-2019, 22:34 PM)ruisam Wrote:  Hello.
by what you're saying what happened was that the drive was left blank and blocked. If you have the source file you can try to write again, through KESS, or another similar program.

Thanks.
After further reading and searching it seems my Vcx nano is not the right interface to do flash. If seems that KESS could be used as you mentioned.
I am thinking of getting this or VCP (I would like it to be affordable..its a learning tool) but I am not clear on the data these tools can read and write. Do I understand it correct that there is Flash data and eeprom data held in these TCU?
What format are these files or is it just one file?
KESS can only read Flash not eeprom, VCP can do both?
Any body can suggest a good clone tool supplier (by PM).
30-03-2019, 09:03 AM,
Sorry for not mentioning VCP, it also allows you to make updates like ODIS. I have VCP (clone) and until now I have not had problems, I have to do updates, I do not do it for a matter of fear, already in the mark sometimes it gives problems sometimes ...
25-04-2019, 09:17 AM,
Genuine VCP it's not very expensive. 280 euro posted.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
ZVW 2015 Passat DSG Mechatronics Issue Please Help evinehh 6 630 22-03-2023, 16:45 PM
Last Post: evinehh
ZTAudi Mechatronics of ZF 6HP-19 Mrpiston 4 616 23-03-2022, 21:21 PM
Last Post: Mrpiston
  Need help on VAG mechatronics controller minooooo2012 3 1,331 15-11-2017, 05:45 AM
Last Post: apoelistas
  Help Please ,Copy DSG Mechatronics Software. DCCD 3 1,481 30-10-2016, 16:41 PM
Last Post: DCCD