1. AutoHex II

2. New Emulator

3. Immo Bypass

4. Julie Emulator

5. TMPro 2

Updated HEXTAG By Microtronik Support / Feedback
28-10-2019, 02:36 AM,
RE: HEXTAG By Microtronik Support / Feedback
Hextag no good. everything throws ref errors. always in contact with support. has 3 versions of EDC17CP14 and none work. Hextag in my instance Does not work on Windows 7 both 32 and 64. Had to install on Win 10. Comes without 12 Volt power supply and needs to be specific with 3 AMP. So out of the box you come limited for few months with Cloning version and missing power supply. Key reset only for few makes and models. Again! If you trying to save money, don't! Everything good is expensive! Everything cheap is cheap! So here you go at 510$ shipped you get somewhat of a hyped up apparatus that does not work as intended, and now wonder if I can get refund for it.
I hope this will help someone to sort thing out...
Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2019, 06:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 28-10-2019, 06:05 AM by MTKAutoHex.)
(28-10-2019, 02:36 AM)vihorm Wrote:  Hextag no good. everything throws ref errors. always in contact with support. has 3 versions of EDC17CP14  and none work. Hextag in my instance Does not work on Windows 7 both 32 and 64. Had to install on Win 10. Comes without 12 Volt power supply and needs to be specific with 3 AMP. So out of the box you come limited for few months with Cloning version and missing power supply. Key reset only for few makes and models. Again! If you trying to save money, don't! Everything good is expensive! Everything cheap is cheap! So here you go at 510$ shipped you get somewhat of a hyped up apparatus  that does not work as intended, and now wonder if I can get refund for it.

Hextag works on win 7 32 and 64 bit operating system without any issues and as it is a BETA versions software for cloning/tuning chances are there to get errors in that case you can contact support and we will resolve it for you our support are active always to help out our customers.The EDC17CP14 you tested probably will be working on TPROT protocol(not all cp14) that's why you are getting error on it in few days we will add this protocol in our system then you can read this ecu's.Also if you can show any other tool which has this much features for this price we will be amazed.

(23-10-2019, 19:09 PM)dime Wrote:  I'd like to be clear. If i buy this tool and if i don't pay $350  next year can i use hextag to read and program cas2-4 + and reset the keys?

yes only cloning/tuning feature you need to purchase the license,all other features in hextag are lifetime free.
Visit this user's website
28-10-2019, 16:48 PM,
(28-10-2019, 06:02 AM)MTKAutoHex Wrote:  
(28-10-2019, 02:36 AM)vihorm Wrote:  Hextag no good. everything throws ref errors. always in contact with support. has 3 versions of EDC17CP14  and none work. Hextag in my instance Does not work on Windows 7 both 32 and 64. Had to install on Win 10. Comes without 12 Volt power supply and needs to be specific with 3 AMP. So out of the box you come limited for few months with Cloning version and missing power supply. Key reset only for few makes and models. Again! If you trying to save money, don't! Everything good is expensive! Everything cheap is cheap! So here you go at 510$ shipped you get somewhat of a hyped up apparatus  that does not work as intended, and now wonder if I can get refund for it.

Hextag works on win 7 32 and 64 bit operating system without any issues and as it is a BETA versions software for cloning/tuning chances are there to get errors in that case you can contact support and we will resolve it for you our support are active always to help out our customers.The EDC17CP14 you tested probably will be working on TPROT protocol(not all cp14) that's why you are getting error on it in few days we will add this protocol in our system then you can read this ecu's.Also if you can show any other tool which has this much features for this price we will be amazed.

(23-10-2019, 19:09 PM)dime Wrote:  I'd like to be clear. If i buy this tool and if i don't pay $350  next year can i use hextag to read and program cas2-4 + and reset the keys?

yes only cloning/tuning feature you need to purchase the license,all other features in hextag are lifetime free.
so yes for the amount of money you get all features of doing things for older makes and models. Bench options for most cars are for older models. Key reset does not support Toyota as advertised. Everything is mostly for BMW as Autohex 2 is. ECU cloning might be the biggest thing that HEXTAG has and now you need to pay 500-1k$ for it after 2020 JAN 1
28-10-2019, 17:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 28-10-2019, 17:07 PM by RocketSurgeon.)
I've been impressed with the features of Hextag for BMW modules and engine computers. Working great for all the MEVD, MSD, and EDC stuff that I've tried. I understand that ISN write will remain an Autohex capability, but I would love to see a working hour reset option in Hextag. This would be useful for power class changes, Vmax delete, and some DME coding options.
29-10-2019, 06:08 AM,
(28-10-2019, 16:48 PM)vihorm Wrote:  
(28-10-2019, 06:02 AM)MTKAutoHex Wrote:  

so yes for the amount of money you get all features of doing things for older makes and models. Bench options for most cars are for older models. Key reset does not support Toyota as advertised. Everything is mostly for BMW as Autohex 2 is. ECU cloning might be the biggest thing that HEXTAG has and now you need to pay 500-1k$ for it after 2020 JAN 1
we have mentioned and highlighted  in our order online page itself the feature is free only for the year 2019,so we are not telling anyone you will get cloning lifetime for 500$ tool.you have choices mate you have option to buy cloning in hextag for 1 grand or you can buy other tool in market for 5-7K.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to MTKAutoHex for this post:
  • bara001, carbandit
30-10-2019, 18:42 PM,
Hextag For me works 100% perfect, and compare to other tools its a lot more cheaper and the risk of damaging the ecu is extremely low. I use it every day to read and write ecu, and to do many Frm ( only the FRM paid the tool in 2 Weeks) the only challenge for now is the checksum correction as it cannot do it for now but they promise they will add it very soon.
but beside that i am very happy about it.
Just waiting to know how much is the yearly license, but i am quiet confident it wont be too much.
Any other original tool, you will be paying 10x times the price and you will also pay for any new module added.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to bara001 for this post:
  • MTKAutoHex
09-11-2019, 14:37 PM,
HexTag is very good device for Chip-tuning Too. MicroTronic support is nice. I have contact them for checksum correction and Micro team made it for me as they promised(HexTag got no checksum correction yet but, by Micro, it will be released.

After checksum tool will be released HexTag Can Compete Kess for NEW ECU.

Thx
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Nkhchyk for this post:
  • carbandit, MTKAutoHex
23-11-2019, 03:14 AM,
Can Hour Reset be incorporated into the cloning license? This would be very helpful.
24-11-2019, 09:30 AM,
(23-11-2019, 03:14 AM)RocketSurgeon Wrote:  Can Hour Reset be incorporated into the cloning license? This would be very helpful.
sorry no plans to add it on hextag now,editing isn and working hours reset possible only with Autohex.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CGDI BMW Keytool Feedback ROD-BENDERS 69 10,772 08-12-2019, 02:32 AM
Last Post: nymike
XZBMW Xhorse vvdi bmw tool Technical Support & Feedback huzionet 15 1,095 02-12-2019, 23:19 PM
Last Post: m35i
0Immo VVDI PROG Support/Feedback Thread Czozen 240 57,537 17-11-2019, 16:17 PM
Last Post: raffy haddad
0Immo Renolink Support/Feedback volavka 17 2,737 17-11-2019, 00:09 AM
Last Post: Abou-raffik
0Immo Xhorse vvdi2 tool Technical Support & Feedback volavka 162 49,184 23-10-2019, 08:22 AM
Last Post: huzionet
  VVDI2 Support/Feedback Thread volcano1980 1 184 20-10-2019, 10:58 AM
Last Post: volavka
  FVDI Feedback / questions and answers klostazy 359 87,157 14-10-2019, 20:37 PM
Last Post: MZ2711
  Key Master/Key Master DP FEEDBACK mar.wo 29 7,144 12-09-2019, 09:29 AM
Last Post: fraserauto
0Immo Xhorse vvdi BGA MB tool Technical Support & Feedback volavka 144 59,675 29-07-2019, 22:58 PM
Last Post: valdirld
YTMercedes CGDI MB BenzMonster key tool feedback obdtool 136 39,147 22-07-2019, 17:09 PM
Last Post: raffy haddad