Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now яёgїsтядтїои cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]
NBT Evo ID5 retrofit 'Data on USB device unusable'
|
08-05-2019, 00:06 AM,
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2019, 00:53 AM by ericgla.)
Post: #1
|
|||
|
|||
|
NBT Evo ID5 retrofit 'Data on USB device unusable'
I'm having a problem with my NBT Evo retrofit. It's ID5 HW31 VIN A023585. The unit shows the message
'Data on the USB device unusable, Please replace USB device and try again' When you select OK, the next message is 'Please connect the USB Device 1 to start the update'. The strange thing is that it shows the message without a USB key plugged in. I know both USB ports are correctly wired since I can play mp3 files from either USB port. Any idea what update the device is wanting to start? I should also mention that my nav never gets past 'Loading' or 'Starting Navigation' (can't remember the exact message) Any help would be greatly appreciated. |
|||
|
08-05-2019, 09:13 AM,
Post: #2
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: NBT Evo ID5 retrofit 'Data on USB device unusable'
1. HDD is faulty
2. HDD is in transport mode (mostly not applicable to the used units) 3. Failed (bad) custom f5с set activation attempt To check 1-2 just go to Media and check for its capacity. If it is 20GB then HDD is ok . f5сMap -> FemtoEVO
portal.femtoevo.com online geration VO/FA by VIN, f5с sets, MGU ViM , f5с for Map Updates ROUTE / EVO / CIC / CHAMP / NBT MD1/MG1 06.2020+ DME циLoскing 5ёяvїcёs. 1CR Enable for 06.2020+ EU cars (G series, petrol/DIESEL - RU only). NCD sign for coding 2.0 for selected portal users. ![]() instagram: @femtoevo |
|||
|
08-05-2019, 16:18 PM,
Post: #3
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: NBT Evo ID5 retrofit 'Data on USB device unusable'
The HDD looks ok. It's showing as 100% available with a capacity of 20480MB.
I agree it must be something to do with activation. If I put a formatted USB key in USB port 1 the messages stop, so it's trying to read from the key. The souce vehicle only had 2,000 miles when it was wrecked, and I'm wondering if it was in the process of an OTA map or software update when the unit was pulled from the car. Unfortunately, I was unable to get the vin matched ATM for this car... |
|||
|
11-02-2025, 01:19 AM,
Post: #4
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: NBT Evo ID5 retrofit 'Data on USB device unusable'
Did you manage to solve this? I also experience this after replacing the HDD.
|
|||
|
11-02-2025, 12:23 PM,
Post: #5
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: NBT Evo ID5 retrofit 'Data on USB device unusable'
|
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
1 Guest(s)
Return to TopReturn to Content




![[+]](https://cartechnology.co.uk/images/CarTechnologyTheCure/collapse_collapsed.png)
