Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

T5 ABS Nightmare
20-05-2019, 18:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-05-2019, 18:57 PM by rs@chip.)
ZVW  T5 ABS Nightmare
Hi guys! well I am out of ideas with this strange transporter t5 abs isue tears  no comunication posible with control module..first thing was batery draining and speedo almost totaly dead(gauges not operate,immo,safe..etc) I immo off this car easy its edc16 so car started..I disconect abs plug from module and all problems was gone except abs obviusly (cluster back to normal and no batery drain) first think was that will be easy fix I order new abs unit but than I find new problem - no comunication posible yikes  I alredy try 3 modules one same part no. other 2 was simular thinking 2 days I am checking fuses and instalation everithing I can reach but steel cant find solution fail  anyone have idea what could be hapening I dont no this car well, any info is welcome.. thanks advanced

car is T5 2.5 tdi 2005-6 year, I can post scan logs but there will be only databus fault from abs in all modules and no conection with abs
Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2019, 19:26 PM,
RE: T5 ABS Nightmare
Get a pinout of the module and verify powers and grounds using a headlamp bulb as a load. Being so close to the battery, inspect the connector and wiring for corrosion.

I can't help with diagrams for those, sorry.

Modules that lose a ground can cause major issues with communication, by finding a different path for the ground through the comm lines.

I had a Caravan with a bad ground in the HVAC module, causing the module to inject voltage into the CCD Bus and causing a no start and dead dash, and it didn't even have immo. Unplugged the module and the van started and ran fine, repaired the bad ground and all was well.

If someone took the time to help you, the least you can do is take a few seconds and press two buttons! 

Thanks [Image: tyl_add.png] + [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] reputation.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Clusters for this post
20-05-2019, 19:49 PM,
Lots of issues with the CEM in those S40. I had one a couple weeks ago with eerily similar symptoms (no cluster data displayed, wipers sometimes randomly turning on) and ran down the rabbit hole only to pull back the carpeting and find 2 inches of water on the floor.
20-05-2019, 19:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-05-2019, 20:01 PM by rs@chip.)
(20-05-2019, 19:26 PM)Clusters Wrote:  Get a pinout of the module and verify powers and grounds using a headlamp bulb as a load.  Being so close to the battery, inspect the connector and wiring for corrosion.

I can't help with diagrams for those, sorry.

Modules that lose a ground can cause major issues with communication, by finding a different path for the ground through the comm lines.

I had a Caravan with a bad ground in the HVAC module, causing the module to inject voltage into the CCD Bus and causing a no start and dead dash, and it didn't even have immo.  Unplugged the module and the van started and ran fine, repaired the bad ground and all was well.

thanks mate..I will inspect when i find pinout (like a luck of mine my old thinkpad- vag pc is dead) I alredy check for corosion all is like new.. I also noticed with new module pluged there is no errors and batery drain so defently something wrong with old one

(20-05-2019, 19:49 PM)xtac1080 Wrote:  Lots of issues with the CEM in those S40. I had one a couple weeks ago with eerily similar symptoms (no cluster data displayed, wipers sometimes randomly turning on) and ran down the rabbit hole only to pull back the carpeting and find 2 inches of water on the floor.

rofl  sori mate maybe I didnt write clear its not volvo its vw t5 wink2
20-05-2019, 21:30 PM,
(20-05-2019, 19:49 PM)xtac1080 Wrote:  Lots of issues with the CEM in those S40. I had one a couple weeks ago with eerily similar symptoms (no cluster data displayed, wipers sometimes randomly turning on) and ran down the rabbit hole only to pull back the carpeting and find 2 inches of water on the floor.

Wrong section buddy

Back to basic....account reset to 2018  yikes
 Learning by reading, learning by doing, learning by experience drive 

20-05-2019, 23:31 PM,
(20-05-2019, 21:30 PM)Willinickersen Wrote:  

Wrong section buddy

Hahaha whoops sorry it was a long day!
23-05-2019, 17:05 PM,
ok finaly solved.. rofl  I find ground wire demaged somwhere 25cm from conector and now comunication works with new module..old abs is steel not acesable so I cant swap coding from. Is someone able to provide me corect coding from vin? tnx
[+] 2 users say Thank You to rs@chip for this post
24-05-2019, 06:47 AM,
(23-05-2019, 17:05 PM)rs@chip Wrote:  ok finaly solved.. rofl  I find ground wire demaged somwhere 25cm from conector and now comunication works with new module..old abs is steel not acesable so I cant swap coding from. Is someone able to provide me corect coding from vin? tnx

post vin

Online coding , SVM , radio code , component protection , vehicle history , VW , Audi , Skoda , Seat
Skype Provag
For a detailed service history is available with a small donation
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Provag for this post
24-05-2019, 12:50 PM,
(24-05-2019, 06:47 AM)Provag Wrote:  
(23-05-2019, 17:05 PM)rs@chip Wrote:  ok finaly solved.. rofl  I find ground wire demaged somwhere 25cm from conector and now comunication works with new module..old abs is steel not acesable so I cant swap coding from. Is someone able to provide me corect coding from vin? tnx

post vin

Thanks mate... pm sent cheers
04-06-2019, 14:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-06-2019, 22:57 PM by rs@chip.)
Ok mr. provag provide me corect coding but I have another failure coding reyected - conditions not corect

any idea mates? why abs refuse new coding..I try few none of does work

7H0907379E -  I have this one installed , ori was 7H0907379M

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
ZVW Transporter T6 U01400 nightmare rs@chip 5 806 26-03-2023, 18:38 PM
Last Post: ELMEPRO
  Having a nightmare with VAS and ODIS rightpcb 6 1,106 01-06-2018, 06:46 AM
Last Post: rightpcb