Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

ISTA Launcher Console
07-03-2022, 19:05 PM,
RE: ISTA Launcher Console
(07-03-2022, 18:50 PM)diagso Wrote:  
(07-03-2022, 18:09 PM)Sedoy Wrote:  I'm wondering for when I do the instructions/readme/guide???

are you reffering to my post ? 

I've read the guide/readme and even pefromed update via console on a standalone version (I know...). Now I'm curious what should I do if I have a fresh W10 install - what's my starting point?

Start with my standalone release and done. Use IstaLauncherConsole only for experienced users that can self install ISTA without using my installer, or only to install additional Language-DB's or update SDP to higher version as released with standalone.

iLean offline license (PM)
FeatureCodes CarPlay (PM)
FSC-Generator
07-03-2022, 20:23 PM,
(07-03-2022, 19:05 PM)Sedoy Wrote:  
(07-03-2022, 18:09 PM)Sedoy Wrote:  I'm wondering for when I do the instructions/readme/guide???

I've read the guide/readme and even pefromed update via console on a standalone version (I know...). Now I'm curious what should I do if I have a fresh W10 install - what's my starting point?

Start with my standalone release and done. Use IstaLauncherConsole only for experienced users that can self install ISTA without using my installer, or only to install additional Language-DB's or update SDP to higher version as released with standalone.

Thank you for your advice and appreciate your standalone releaes, but I want to learn how to install ISTA from scratch. Now you got me motivated smile Thank you
[+] 1 user says Thank You to diagso for this post
07-03-2022, 21:03 PM,
(07-03-2022, 20:23 PM)diagso Wrote:  
(07-03-2022, 19:05 PM)Sedoy Wrote:  

Thank you for your advice and appreciate your standalone releaes, but I want to learn how to install ISTA from scratch. Now you got me motivated smile Thank you

It's not difficult, you just have to read the instructions and try it. You only learn if you try it yourself.

iLean offline license (PM)
FeatureCodes CarPlay (PM)
FSC-Generator
08-03-2022, 22:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2022, 22:58 PM by micklification.)
RE: ISTA Launcher Console - updating database for Standalone?
Hey,

I currently have installed Sedoys ISTA+ 4.33.3x Standalone and want to update it. If I am getting it right I always have to update to next database step by step (in my case it should be 4.34.1x and afterwards 4.34.2x, right? thinking

I already tried the first step to update to 4.34.1x multiple times and after getting some errors at the beginning the update went through but now I get "database version compatibility" error when opening ISTA+ and it closes. I have reinstalled and updated the Standalone version already 3 times but in the end I always had to reinstall 4.33.30 plain to get it to work again. headbang

I did everything like in the readme/Guide and even placed the current BMW_ISPI_ISTA-META_SDP_4.33.31.xml in the Downloads folder. Please see my attached Screenshot of folder structure and also my regfile. 

As I read on the forum this could be because the ISTA+ program itself stays at 4.33.30 and only the database gets updated, which results in "database version compatibility" error. The only way I found to work around that is to Disable the App Check in registry but as I read this does not solve the problem, it only hides the message. So what I need to know: What problems could accur in this case? Is it still safe for Programming ECU?
  • Is there any other way to get updated database for Standalone version or am I doing something wrong?
  • Maybe there is a complete and precise guide on how to install ISTA+ without installer?(then it should be easier to update databases, right?)

Sorry for my poor knowledge, I tried to get as many information out of this forum as possible.
Hope someone has time and could answer and explain the detailed possibilities for this.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ISTA+ Standalone 4.33.30 - Softwareversionsliste.pdf
File Type: .pdf
Downloaded: 60 times
Size: 152.04 KB

[+] 2 users say Thank You to micklification for this post
09-03-2022, 08:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-03-2022, 08:38 AM by diagso.)
@micklification

I've been there and feeling your pain smile

First of all after reading a lot on forums you need to be aware that there are two types of instllations: nativ (dealer) and standalone (f.e.. sedoy and spider80) and for partners(but this I will skip). For standalone basically you need to get the license from Sedoy which is fair enaugh as this is somehow limiting selling of what is essntially a "free" download for forum members. For nativ you need to install it and purchase (marketplace) license key to run the software offline. 

In regards to your issue. It's as you described it with hiding DB's mismatch or waiting for Sedoy's new release. Update for standalone is simple wait for Sedoy release, remove ISTA folder on your laptop. Then unpack ISTA to ISTA folder, extract SQLiteDB's to same folder in ISTA and perform the same for PSDZ (BLP and SPD) data. Once finished then apply registry fixes and done, no installer needed.

TIP: read log from the bottom in terms of missing files. Think warnings are just information that something is missing, but witout ones mentioned on the bottom console won't start the process.

Updateing part:

1. Standalone - you should wait for Sedoy releases since ISTA loader release version should match SQLiteDB's and PSDZ files. You can update via ISTA Console - please see my screen (showing exactly what you should not do, but for me I wanted to experiment a bit). But your at risk that diagnostic might not be fully working in some areas. From perspective of programing it all depends on what BMW fixed/updated have been introduced in the loader. I would say that this is affecting programing of some cars/modules - you should read release notes to see what they fixed from release to release and check if it might be affecting your cases.

2. Native - more or less same story as above, but in order to start you need to have ISTA Launcher and ISPI Admin Client and credentails to download and run the software. Treat this with a grain of salt, since second point is what I'm investigating and trying to execute on my own.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 2 users say Thank You to diagso for this post
10-03-2022, 10:58 AM,
Hi there I am trying to name the the two folders ie ISTA_Store\Downloads with the backward slashes. Windows 10 doesn't appear to allow it to be done what is the alternative for the Launcher to recognise the Installation Package?

Thanks
10-03-2022, 19:03 PM,
(10-03-2022, 10:58 AM)BMWAPC Wrote:  Hi there I am trying to name the the two folders ie ISTA_Store\Downloads with the backward slashes. Windows 10 doesn't appear to allow it to be done what is the alternative for the Launcher to recognise the Installation Package?

Thanks

Not sure what you're trying to do, but you shoudl create on drive that has a lot o "free space" folder named ISTA_Store and within this folder you should create folder Downloads. Within the download folder you should place all packages that are necessary to perform the update.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to diagso for this post
10-03-2022, 19:34 PM,
What does this do? I was using sedoy's one click installatiions. What improvement does this one have?
10-03-2022, 21:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-03-2022, 22:22 PM by BMWAPC.)
(10-03-2022, 19:03 PM)diagso Wrote:  
(10-03-2022, 10:58 AM)BMWAPC Wrote:  Hi there I am trying to name the the two folders ie ISTA_Store\Downloads with the backward slashes. Windows 10 doesn't appear to allow it to be done what is the alternative for the Launcher to recognise the Installation Package?

Thanks

Not sure what you're trying to do, but you shoudl create on drive that has a lot o "free space" folder named ISTA_Store and within this folder you should create folder Downloads. Within the download folder you should place all packages that are necessary to perform the update.
Oh I understand now. I thought you had to name the folder like this ISTA_Store\Downloads ie one word my bad. But now I am getting this error message when running the launcher?

Outch - looks like something went wrong....

Check the log file for details.
Going down - brace, brace, brace....

Installation elapsed time: 00.19

Press Enter to exit

(Filename: BMW_ISPI_ISTA-DATA_GLOBAL_4.34.12.istapackage) could not be found on the shared storage 'C:\ISTA_Store\Downloads'.

2022-03-10 21:05:47,625 [1] [INFO ] Timer - Installation elapsed time: 00.27

Thank you diagso
11-03-2022, 08:17 AM,
(10-03-2022, 19:34 PM)bmwlover Wrote:  What does this do? I was using sedoy's one click installatiions. What improvement does this one have?

This is used to update Sedoy's ISTA installation using the ISTA Package files rather than re-downloading SDP etc. again in full.

(10-03-2022, 21:29 PM)BMWAPC Wrote:  Oh I understand now. I thought you had to name the folder like this ISTA_Store\Downloads ie one word my bad. But now I am getting this error message when running the launcher?

Outch - looks like something went wrong....

Check the log file for details.
Going down - brace, brace, brace....

Installation elapsed time: 00.19

Press Enter to exit

(Filename: BMW_ISPI_ISTA-DATA_GLOBAL_4.34.12.istapackage) could not be found on the shared storage 'C:\ISTA_Store\Downloads'.

2022-03-10 21:05:47,625 [1] [INFO ] Timer - Installation elapsed time: 00.27

Thank you diagso

Have you put all the package files in the folder? The log above is telling you the files are missing?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW ISTA+ Licenserequest 4.45.30 B O S S 45 1,431 3 hours ago
Last Post: 2013m5
  ista 4.46 Standalone kiranabc 86 10,815 9 hours ago
Last Post: kiranabc
XZBMW ISTA Standalone Licenserequest up to v4.37.4x Sedoy 8,711 669,561 Yesterday, 14:11 PM
Last Post: Sedoy
XZBMW ESys Launcher PRO Setup 2.8.1 fengyonghua21 410 49,439 Yesterday, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Pommie
XZBMW ISTA 4.46.xx problems and possible solution Sedoy 98 11,767 Yesterday, 09:48 AM
Last Post: egyclick
  ISTA 4.47 test plan not available on M3 bmwm3power 3 136 26-04-2024, 20:15 PM
Last Post: 2013m5
XZBMW ISTA+ 4.47.1x Install Files - MEGA shawnsheridan 12 1,560 26-04-2024, 15:36 PM
Last Post: shawnsheridan
XZBMW ISTA 4.47.1x I-LEVEL+OVERVIEW AutoExe3219 0 262 24-04-2024, 22:52 PM
Last Post: AutoExe3219
XZBMW [MEGA] ISTA 4.32 // ISTA-P 3.72 + ALL LOADER up to 6.6 // no license needed hashtagmaster 61 18,429 21-04-2024, 22:17 PM
Last Post: grizzle
XZBMW ISTA SQLiteDBs PL Polish 4.40.12 - 4.40.40 maksymw 3 990 21-04-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: matigdy