Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Load any FSC set into any KAFAS2 ECU for free
05-07-2019, 19:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-07-2019, 20:08 PM by DayvG.)
XZBMW  Load any FSC set into any KAFAS2 ECU for free
I have created a guide to show you how to load any FSC codes from any KAFAS2 module into any KAFAS2 ECU. I started exploring this initially as I wanted to flash my KAFAS2 to the latest I-Level to match my car but was told I would lose my FSC codes and need either an emulator or pay for a new FSC set for my VIN. Well I can now confirm that is not true and here is a guide to show you how. I cannot guarantee this will work on your car if you have deactivated FSC codes as this may need a newer set. 

Rep and thanks

Attached Files
KAFAS2 FSC Loading.pdf
File Type: .pdf
Downloaded: 942 times
Size: 1.63 MB

I don't know much, but if I've helped you're welcome.
MGU Virgin/Component Protection Removal/Full Retrofit FSC
clapping BMW ISPI Admin Client License (Contact for info)
cheers Complete EntryNav2 FSC solution for Retrofit/Component Protection
enjoyKAFAS2 7E/BE/BF KAFAS4 11F/13E/13F
biggrin Carplay activations/FullScreen/ID4-5
rock EntryNav2 Carplay activations OEM/Provisioning
mail Contact me for more information
Reputation: +16 - maxwell4321 [+1] , Freddy1 [+1] , gpdriver [+1] , danyro [+1] , MaroxiFXX [+1] , BusyBox [+1] , billyballs [+1] , BMWzone [+1] , HU_man [+1] , userfane [+1] , dncomputech [+1] , tyrystor [+1] , bumek [+1] , 9a10qr [+1] , fireblade9 [+1] , kwat [+1]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 37 users say Thank You to DayvG for this post
06-07-2019, 18:26 PM,
RE: Load any FSC set into any KAFAS2 ECU for free
What is your I-Step current? This is only possible with older Firmware.

[Image: Rear-38-Percent.png][Image: 3-4-View-38-Percent.png][Image: Front-38-Percent.png]
2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
[+] 1 user says Thank You to shawnsheridan for this post
06-07-2019, 18:43 PM,
(06-07-2019, 18:26 PM)shawnsheridan Wrote:  What is your I-Step current?  This is only possible with older Firmware.

I flashed the ECU using F10-19-03-530 data, attached is a picture of the KAFAS2 in the SVT. It’s possible, I have just done it. No gimmicks, no emulators, just me and my coding Pad using trial and error.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 4 users say Thank You to DayvG for this post
08-07-2019, 22:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2019, 06:25 AM by DayvG.)
(06-07-2019, 18:26 PM)shawnsheridan Wrote:  What is your I-Step current?  This is only possible with older Firmware.

I’ve attached the log file if you’re interested to see that it’s possible and how it worked.

Attached Files
FSC loading LOG.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 103 times
Size: 72 bytes

Kafas executed TAL.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 48 times
Size: 103 bytes

[+] 5 users say Thank You to DayvG for this post
09-07-2019, 07:53 AM,
Thanks for the guide and the time dedicated to writing it, I in simpler way in COMFORT mode in the FSC menu load FA with inside the vin of the fsc package that you want to load and after with the UPGRADE button the fsc is written and activated, without that first go and write vin on the Ecu, and it has always worked.
After this procedure you will find the kafas with the vin of the fsc donor package, just proceed with the WriteDataByIdentifierVIN function to report your correct frame

only precautions if in the kafas2 there are already some fsc, those that go to upload must have more recent date otherwise by error and not overwrite them.
Moreover every time you launch an update plan with IstaP or ista + the fsc will all be rejected, but no problem, you can reload them again with the same procedure
[+] 2 users say Thank You to smercki for this post
09-07-2019, 09:16 AM,
(09-07-2019, 07:53 AM)smercki Wrote:  Thanks for the guide and the time dedicated to writing it, I in simpler way in COMFORT mode in the FSC menu load FA with inside the vin of the fsc package that you want to load and after with the UPGRADE button the fsc is written and activated, without that first go and write vin on the Ecu, and it has always worked.
After this procedure you will find the kafas with the vin of the fsc donor package, just proceed with the WriteDataByIdentifierVIN function to report your correct frame

only precautions if in the kafas2 there are already some fsc, those that go to upload must have more recent date otherwise by error and not overwrite them.
Moreover every time you launch an update plan with IstaP or ista + the fsc will all be rejected, but no problem, you can reload them again with the same procedure

Thats great info, thank you. I have someone attempting to write the FSC to their KAFAS2 but are getting an FGN error. This may be because the FSC currently loaded is newer than the FSC they are trying to load?

I wanted to create a guide that showed people how they can update their modules without needing to spend a lot of money on FSC codes. Its clearly possible but some people refuse to believe or acknowledge it. Maybe because it is they that will lose out on money for sales of FSC codes. Maybe?

[+] 1 user says Thank You to DayvG for this post
10-07-2019, 01:26 AM,
(09-07-2019, 09:16 AM)DayvG Wrote:  Thats great info, thank you. I have someone attempting to write the FSC to their KAFAS2 but are getting an FGN error. This may be because the FSC currently loaded is newer than the FSC they are trying to load?

I wanted to create a guide that showed people how they can update their modules without needing to spend a lot of money on FSC codes. Its clearly possible but some people refuse to believe or acknowledge it. Maybe because it is they that will lose out on money for sales of FSC codes. Maybe?

FGN Error is VIN related.  If it was due to newer FSC Codes in ECU, one would get an "FSC Creation Date" error.

As for yours working, it is surprising.  I know of several others that without 3-Way VIN Match between Car, KAFAS, and FSC Codes, the FSC Codes are Rejected.  And when an Emulator is hooked up, the FSC Codes suddenly become Accepted, indicating VIN checking is in fact utilized.  Why yours worked and others didn't, I have no idea.  Maybe some KAFAS firmware versions are checking and others are not, or maybe there is some other unknown explanation.  People retrofitting KAFAS though should certainly try Donor FSC Codes and see if it works before buying VIN Matching FSC Codes or an Emulator.

[Image: Rear-38-Percent.png][Image: 3-4-View-38-Percent.png][Image: Front-38-Percent.png]
2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
[+] 1 user says Thank You to shawnsheridan for this post
10-07-2019, 05:42 AM,
Below is the error I got after I followed the step described in the post:

negative response error:
code: RoutineControl returned negative response
description: service Routine Control Verify FSC returned positive response with with result status = FGN_CHECK_FAILURE; LinkName: KAFAS2_5D_ETHERNET
severity: ERROR

I think there should be some additional condition are required before the mentioned procedure can work.

Maybe this method only work with car equipped with CAS?
10-07-2019, 05:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2019, 05:53 AM by shawnsheridan.)
(10-07-2019, 05:42 AM)jackylooo Wrote:  Below is the error I got after I followed the step described in the post:

negative response error:
code: RoutineControl returned negative response
description: service Routine Control Verify FSC returned positive response with with result status = FGN_CHECK_FAILURE; LinkName: KAFAS2_5D_ETHERNET
severity: ERROR

I think there should be some additional condition are required before the mentioned procedure can work.

Maybe this method only work with car equipped with CAS?

Did you write FSC Code VIN to KAFAS?

Are you specifying VIN on E-Sys Import Screen that matches the FSC Code VIN, not car VIN?

10-07-2019, 06:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2019, 06:22 AM by DayvG.)
User Jackylooo has a theory. My TALEexecution failed when flashing the KAFAS2, it looks like the CDdeploy timed out, possibly due to ICOM clone. I carried out all of the FSC steps with no CAFD injected. Tonight I am going to flash my original donor KAFAS2 with my ENET and ensure CAFD is loaded prior to FSC work to see if I get any errors. If it doesn’t work I will flash again without CDdeploy checked and then carry out the FSC steps. Would an easier way to remove the CAFD be to code default values? I’m sure I read that it effectively removes the CAFD specific vehicle coding.

[+] 1 user says Thank You to DayvG for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW MS4X EWS Delete Free alsamaraee 4 671 07-04-2024, 22:15 PM
Last Post: mecadriano
XZBMW Cas 3+ Editor Free to use budddyyy 8 970 25-03-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: jaki
XZBMW CAS 2 Editor Free to use budddyyy 1 316 11-03-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: foxportal
XZBMW BMW Price-List 2024-01 FREE FOR ALL SerJ-R 2 411 17-01-2024, 17:34 PM
Last Post: SerJ-R
  How to code hands free driver assistant (G-series) btvaleks 20 5,181 17-01-2024, 14:16 PM
Last Post: ChrisF30
  bmw kafas2 fsc repair kit robiukaz1 152 22,321 02-12-2023, 17:09 PM
Last Post: marcdts
XZBMW G20 5A4 Glare free high beam assistant RuleNormaliai 1 254 23-11-2023, 22:02 PM
Last Post: krolig
XZBMW kafas2 camera replacement jararak 4 359 22-11-2023, 13:34 PM
Last Post: Powerlab
  Fsc reject Kafas2 Jalami 2 353 19-11-2023, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Thorsten
XZBMW Coding Tailgate Free contact (Retrofit) ruben_17non 2 299 27-10-2023, 09:08 AM
Last Post: ruben_17non