Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

SKC / PIN Reader tool for VAG Cars - low cost options?
17-07-2014, 09:24 AM,
ZVW  SKC / PIN Reader tool for VAG Cars - low cost options?
Hello

I am looking for a tool which can read SKC / PIN code from VAG cars - mainly for Skoda Octavia I & II, Skoda Yeti, VW Polo & Jetta and Audi A4, A6

I am only interested in PIN / SKC code reading. Which low cost tool is best for this and covers most models? I found the following tools when searching:

1. VAG Tacho 5.0
2. VAG CAN Commander 5.5 + Pinreader 3.9
3. VAG K CAN Commander V1.4
4. Carprog clone
5. Super VAG 3.0 iSCANCAR OBD2 (handheld tool)
6. DMW3
7. Or some other tool(s) you recommend?

Please give advice based on your experiences with these tools?

I have read many opinion that genuine ABRITES AVDI is the best tool for these functions, but is very expensive and I only undertake a few number of cars - and requirement of getting SKC arises for only a few cars among them, so this is why I'm looking at low cost option...
Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2014, 10:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 17-07-2014, 10:16 AM by Vlado ATM Chiptuning.)
RE: SKC / PIN Reader tool for VAG Cars - low cost options?
All of this u write u will need smile so my advice is buy all of them...

And if you want to work this job serious , you will need serious programmer. and serious programmer is more expensive.

Discount for CarTechnology forum members , 500 000 EVC reseller projects.

You can register on our File Service CLICK HERE FOR FILE SERVICE
[+] 6 users say Thank You to Vlado ATM Chiptuning for this post
17-07-2014, 10:32 AM,
(17-07-2014, 09:24 AM)getaibose Wrote:  Hello

I am looking for a tool which can read SKC / PIN code from VAG cars - mainly for Skoda Octavia I & II, Skoda Yeti, VW Polo & Jetta and Audi A4, A6

I am only interested in PIN / SKC code reading. Which low cost tool is best for this and covers most models? I found the following tools when searching:

1. VAG Tacho 5.0
4. Carprog clone
5. Or some other tool(s) you recommend?

I have read many opinion that genuine ABRITES AVDI is the best tool for these functions, but is very expensive and I only undertake a few number of cars - and requirement of getting SKC arises for only a few cars among them, so this is why I'm looking at low cost option...

AVDI Abrites is indeed best option for that, but you can read on this forum what people say's for FVDI (AVDI)...that is Abrites clone interface, form some Fly company, not original but is more cheaper than real Abrites AVDI...maybe he can do that you need
[+] 2 users say Thank You to mikajna for this post
17-07-2014, 11:09 AM,
Abritus original je tito za sve smile

Abritus is the best solution and best tools for real professional smile

Discount for CarTechnology forum members , 500 000 EVC reseller projects.

You can register on our File Service CLICK HERE FOR FILE SERVICE
[+] 4 users say Thank You to Vlado ATM Chiptuning for this post
17-07-2014, 11:33 AM,
ZVW  RE: SKC / PIN Reader tool for VAG Cars - low cost options?
(17-07-2014, 10:14 AM)Vlado kljucar Wrote:  All of this u write u will need smile so my advice is buy all of them...

Thanks for suggestion! Just want to know which all work and which are junk among these tools smile - hopefully you might have used some of them and can share your experiences secret

(17-07-2014, 10:14 AM)Vlado kljucar Wrote:  And if you want to work this job serious , you will need serious programmer. and serious programmer is more expensive.

Yes, I already have genuine Ross-Tech interface with me - it's just that VCDS cannot retrieve PIN code due to security reason. I just need the PIN code and I can use VCDS for rest of programming where SKC code required.

(17-07-2014, 10:32 AM)mikajna Wrote:  AVDI Abrites is indeed best option for that, but you can read on this forum what people say's for FVDI (AVDI)...that is Abrites clone interface, form some Fly company, not original but is more cheaper than real Abrites AVDI...maybe he can do that you need

Abritus AVDI is gold standard from what I have read about other people's experience with it. But, I have not seen good experiences with the clone AVDI (or FVDI as it's called). Also, the clone costs some ~$1000 -- and future updates not possible for it... so if going for AVDI, I think better to go for original one. yes

Found another tool called "Super VAG 3.0 iSCANCAR OBD2" -- it's handheld tool with SKC reading and mileage correction (no use for me!) for VAG cars, among other features (read fault code/clear etc etc). I looked around and it costs ~$300-ish ... seems good tool and apparently it has online update feature - but $300 for only reading SKC code is a bit expensive for me now - but will keep an eye on this tool.. anybody have / used this tool? Share experiences pls.. Here are a few youtube vids of the tool:

Unit in Action:

Online Updating:
17-07-2014, 12:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 17-07-2014, 12:38 PM by mikajna.)
0Scope  RE: SKC / PIN Reader tool for VAG Cars - low cost options?
(17-07-2014, 11:09 AM)Vlado kljucar Wrote:  Abritus original je tito za sve smile

Abritus is the best solution and best tools for real professional smile

You're right Vlado smile TITO smile

(17-07-2014, 10:32 AM)mikajna Wrote:  AVDI Abrites is indeed best option for that, but you can read on this forum what people say's for FVDI (AVDI)...that is Abrites clone interface, form some Fly company, not original but is more cheaper than real Abrites AVDI...maybe he can do that you need

Abritus AVDI is gold standard from what I have read about other people's experience with it. But, I have not seen good experiences with the clone AVDI (or FVDI as it's called). Also, the clone costs some ~$1000 -- and future updates not possible for it... so if going for AVDI, I think better to go for original one. yes

Which I see you can buy it a lot cheaper, because interface is same for all software's, and software's now you can find on internet one by one smile and fly doing updates but not via internet, updating via installation file...
[+] 2 users say Thank You to mikajna for this post
18-07-2014, 05:44 AM,
(17-07-2014, 12:30 PM)mikajna Wrote:  Which I see you can buy it a lot cheaper, because interface is same for all software's, and software's now you can find on internet one by one smile and fly doing updates but not via internet, updating via installation file...

Interesting thinking ... so you mean to say all the FVDI multiplexer are same? Only the software enable different function on it, according to the make of cars? Are you using AVDI clone? How are your experiences with it? Please share...
05-08-2014, 10:21 AM,
(17-07-2014, 09:24 AM)getaibose Wrote:  Hello

1. VAG Tacho 5.0
4. Carprog clone
5. Super VAG 3.0 iSCANCAR OBD2 (handheld tool)
6. DMW3
7. Or some other tool(s) you recommend?

If you want to make a newer cars AVDI or FVDI is the best solution. The price is higher but it worts. For the newer VAG cars after 06.2006 is dealer key needed. Only with the pin code you can`t write key to the car .
[+] 4 users say Thank You to marto4476 for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
0Immo Car-Edit tool - dash ecu bsm srs immo ROD-BENDERS 32 9,130 13-04-2024, 08:06 AM
Last Post: foxportal
0Immo NEW EASY IMMO DOCTOR 2.1 Multi Immo Tool.+ KG ROD-BENDERS 48 11,110 11-04-2024, 21:26 PM
Last Post: nemerei
  OPEL grandland Med17.4.4 need pinout and recomand tool to read fadyeid 0 79 11-03-2024, 16:12 PM
Last Post: fadyeid
  Key Programming Tool koziol 1 171 06-03-2024, 07:22 AM
Last Post: TKservice
  VAG IMMO OFF TOOL for free josef1708 6 1,952 03-03-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: josef1708
KOpel Upa Script to read Opel Immo Pin 29F400 or tool meszol 0 122 08-02-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: meszol
  Tool to make BMW keys? Spirit5676 1 209 26-01-2024, 21:54 PM
Last Post: Inerceptor
0Immo LATEST IMMO SERVICE TOOL 1.2 - 2017 volavka 554 182,728 12-01-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mars2moon
  Anyone using Key Tool Plus from Xhorse? nadelhubgeber 3 271 16-12-2023, 16:22 PM
Last Post: nadelhubgeber
WHyundai Hyundai/Kia Immo off Tool v1.0 need link for download beg1 2 538 17-11-2023, 18:16 PM
Last Post: danyguit2000