Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

OP-COM v6 with "fake MCU" REPAIR
13-04-2017, 15:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 13-04-2017, 15:54 PM by Shooting.)
RE: OP-COM v6 with "fake MCU" REPAIR
(13-04-2017, 14:31 PM)mattydr67 Wrote:  Mate we will try to let you understand that for this kind of tool there is no soloution yet. We do not talk here about uprade it. We are talking about fixing the defective tool that you have
Because:
1. The MCU its not PIC18F458 and its using a diffrent firmware then the fake one
2. The OPCOM V6 MCU its using a moded firmware - if you have this firmware then you caqn try it
3. The fake MCU its maybe protected so what you will read will not works if you flash it back or in other MCU as this one. That's why there's no solutions
If you still want to repair this tool you need to use the methode as in the first post
You need to change the fake MCU with a real one. For the real one there's shared dumps and for the fake one there isn't. Get it?
And I already told you in my previos posts so if you want listen it then its ok if you don't listen it what we are told you here then keep searching. Be my guest.
Good luck

I understand very well, but you may not have what I used to have,
in china when they flash the fake MCU they use a Chinese flasher.
I used to have this and thought you had it too...
I know I can change the PIC to PIC18F458 and remove 2 resistors and patch a wire from MCU, but was hoping this old flasher was still around and would save me changing the chip
and YES I have done this before so know it's possible, I just no longer can find the flasher on my PC.

wbr
Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2017, 17:41 PM,
(13-04-2017, 15:52 PM)Shooting Wrote:  
(13-04-2017, 14:31 PM)mattydr67 Wrote:  Mate we will try to let you understand that for this kind of tool there is no soloution yet. We do not talk here about uprade it. We are talking about fixing the defective tool that you have
Because:
1. The MCU its not PIC18F458 and its using a diffrent firmware then the fake one
2. The OPCOM V6 MCU its using a moded firmware - if you have this firmware then you caqn try it
3. The fake MCU its maybe protected so what you will read will not works if you flash it back or in other MCU as this one. That's why there's no solutions
If you still want to repair this tool you need to use the methode as in the first post
You need to change the fake MCU with a real one. For the real one there's shared dumps and for the fake one there isn't. Get it?
And I already told you in my previos posts so if you want listen it then its ok if you don't listen it what we are told you here then keep searching. Be my guest.
Good luck

I understand very well, but you may not have what I used to have,
in china when they flash the fake MCU they use a Chinese flasher.
I used to have this and thought you had it too...
I know I can change the PIC to PIC18F458 and remove 2 resistors and patch a wire from MCU, but was hoping this old flasher was still around and would save me changing the chip
and YES I have done this before so know it's possible, I just no longer can find the flasher on my PC.

wbr
you talking about opcomfut ? that will not work either change chip be done just buy another opcom £10-£20
[+] 2 users say Thank You to rhinestonecowboy for this post
13-04-2017, 18:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 13-04-2017, 18:40 PM by mattydr67.)
Mr Shooting is it me the one I do not write in english well or it that you the one who do not understand well?
Did I say that you cannot use any flasher you want for this "fake" MCU or did I say that you need a dump for it which noone have it?
The fake MCU is actually PIC18F45k80 if I remember well.
You can try to read it with an external programmer and see then if you can use the dump.
As this MCU could be read it then it was easy.
But maybe you have much more luck then us
Good luck
[+] 2 users say Thank You to mattydr67 for this post
14-04-2017, 10:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 14-04-2017, 10:39 AM by domelec.)
Well from what iv read and understood he is saying the fake mcu can be reflashed.
he had the software to do this but lost it
my question to shooting is this:
do you still have the hex file you used to use to flash? if yes then this would be a start
post it here
also try to remember what the flasher software you used was called, someone might then remember it and have it.
without name or hex/bin noone can help and only other way is to replace the mcu.

also what matty is saying to you is he has never seen anyone able to do what you are saying you used to do. (reprogram fake mcu)

if my post helps please give Reputation under and Thanks under
[+] 5 users say Thank You to domelec for this post
14-04-2017, 15:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 14-04-2017, 15:29 PM by Shooting.)
(14-04-2017, 10:38 AM)domelec Wrote:  Well from what iv read and understood he is saying the fake mcu can be reflashed.
he had the software to do this but lost it
my question to shooting is this:
do you still have the hex file you used to use to flash? if yes then this would be a start
post it here
also try to remember what the flasher software you used was called, someone might then remember it and have it.
without name or hex/bin noone can help and only other way is to replace the mcu.

also what matty is saying to you is he has never seen anyone able to do what you are saying you used to do. (reprogram fake mcu)

Hi, no it was on my old PC, the Hex was part of the flash software not a separate file.
The EXE file was in Chinese so for me was just symbols etc.. so not sure what it was called.
It's not really a "Fake" mcu but rather it's not a PIC18F458, it's a PIC18F45k80 or PIC18F45w80 .. one is write once and the other is read-write, as far as I can remember.
I've tried contacting the company in china but they are unhelpful.
To replace the mcu is too expensive as a new OPCOM is only 13 euros.
Maybe I should have shared the flasher, the irony lol

wbr smile
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Shooting for this post
14-04-2017, 17:41 PM,
I am curios what you got mate
Good luck
[+] 1 user says Thank You to mattydr67 for this post
19-05-2017, 10:24 AM,
Solved, thanks to all... reflashed and it's working

wbr biggrin
19-05-2017, 11:08 AM,
What did you re-flash it with?
20-05-2017, 13:15 PM,
(19-05-2017, 10:24 AM)Shooting Wrote:  Solved, thanks to all... reflashed and it's working

wbr biggrin
And would you like to share how you have flashed it?
I'm guessing you found the flash you lost
Please share as this then helps the forum members who have the same problem opcom
Thanks

if my post helps please give Reputation under and Thanks under
[+] 3 users say Thank You to domelec for this post
04-09-2017, 06:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-09-2017, 06:56 AM by Akada.)
Is it possible to brick V5 connecting to 121241i or 13223d EN?
Everything working with 120309a but something tempted me to run v5 with these versions.
Cause - no connection, no bootloader...
I've got embosed Pic so I thinked that it's safe to make some tests.
Is it posiible to flash brute force Pic by Willem programmer?
Op-ComFut gave me response that firmware is 07a and nothing more.
Shitty China-clone, it's time to buy Tech2 or MDI.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
KOpel REPAIR ERASED OP-COM CLONE BOOTLOADER FROM PIC18F458 MCU fantomel 190 134,020 17-11-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: mattydr67
  GM MDI2 REPAIR EXPERIENCE 12manux 1 233 03-10-2023, 19:24 PM
Last Post: apol
  Opcom Bootloader Repair with TL866 ICSP port aki1 3 1,648 07-10-2019, 13:07 PM
Last Post: avepla
  opcom clone need help to repair autosolutions 1 830 18-09-2019, 02:40 AM
Last Post: mattydr67
KOpel Op-Com Repair Tool ircpoLice 44 49,091 25-08-2019, 05:40 AM
Last Post: itman
  Opel meriva 1.6 xe ecu repair help davor.touch 5 2,857 03-05-2017, 08:43 AM
Last Post: dil6222
KOpel Corsa C,central locking not working-BCM repair(SOLVED) grmsek.damjan 0 2,200 16-06-2015, 08:02 AM
Last Post: grmsek.damjan
  Y17DT repair cicko 1 1,303 12-06-2015, 08:10 AM
Last Post: domelec