Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Can i wired a Power supply to Accessory socket ?
14-08-2019, 09:37 AM,
XZBMW  Can i wired a Power supply to Accessory socket ?
Hi Guys,

I would like to know if i could wire up a power supply ( 14.4v) to the accessorry socket of my motorcycle [BMW F800]  whithout  damaging it? Using this hella din [Image: BSP00101_1_1400x.jpg] to connect to x9321 [Image: 2sKDkG.jpg]

I would like to do so to avoid the hassle of removing the fairing to have access to the battery everytime I wanna tweak something or connect to ISTA 

I know these bike are CAN-BUS but i don't know if it could be dangerous to power the bike like this .
Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2019, 13:10 PM,
RE: Can i wired a Power supply to Accessory socket ?
Better not. It is rated for maximum 5A. If more current is detected the ZFE will switch it off. It is designed to power accessories, or charge the battery with CAN-BUS compatible charger.

BTW, don't put any permanent accessory on that socket, or on the one outside. For example a phone charger. In many cases even if you switch off the bike, and you have phone charger connected even without the phone, the ZFE may not switch of power, and after two days you will end up with empty battery.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to 14TLC for this post
23-08-2019, 21:46 PM,
RE: Can i wired a Power supply to Accessory socket ?
As always, Thanks for the insight 14TLC - Aka my savior ;D

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW Power Supply Voltage weby 12 2,163 03-10-2022, 08:38 AM
Last Post: jozza66