Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Passat b8 Highline RVC camera retrofit
30-08-2019, 05:53 AM,
ZVW  Passat b8 Highline RVC camera retrofit
Hello, 
i am trying to retrofit used passat camera with moving guidelines (module embedded in camera). The car is passat variant 2016 with manual transmission.
I have installed the camera and made my own wiring according to the info found on the internet.

On the cam there are 3 plugs, one is the video, another one (4 pin) goes to "motor", last one goes to camera (it is 8 pin, bud only 5 are used).

Accoring to the info i found the 4 pin is:
1 - latch swich (violet)
2 - ground (taken from the original latch swich installation)
3 - reverse (taken from the left lamp, blue with black stripe, idk if the left or right lamp makes a difference)
4 - constant 12V - going to the radio power supply

On the 8 pin i have:
1 - gnd
2 - latch switch (not sure about it)
3 - nc
4 - can low 
5 - constant 12v
6 - nc
7 - nc
8 - can high

Everything is connected according to that scheme, i coded gateway to see 6c module, coded park module 10 to rearview camera installed, and made adaptations in 5f to vps msg - activated, vps msg type - comfort data bus.

The camera works together with parking guidelines and parking modes, has no errors but there is one problem - according to the videos i found the camera should switch off after some speed reached, but in my case the camera turns on after putting in reverse, but when i put on the first gear after a while the vw badge closes and i have a black screen (because camera is hidden). After several uses of camera the error 9683731 - External Trigger/Activation - open circuit goes on and camera stops working until it is deleted.
The error can be handled by undoing the bit corresponding to swinging logo badge in 6c module, but the problem with closing badge persist.

Can anybody check if my wiring is correct, especially when it comes to the 2nd pin on the 8 pin plug - i believe that this is the one responsible for the error as when i connect it to ground the external trigger error shows short to ground instead of open circuit. 
All the connections i have double checked so it is not damaged wiring issue.
Are there some additional adaptations that should be made?

Scan of the car attached.

Attached Files
passat_scan.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 10 times
Size: 16.83 KB

Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2019, 07:33 AM,
RE: Passat b8 Highline RVC camera retrofit

Black for ground
Red for power
Reverse trigger to back up light (only for manual transmissions)
Video out: to back up camera interface video in

The can signal is on the interface on mine but it is totally different technology than yours. So there should be another wire for CAN High and another for CAN LOW

(30-08-2019, 05:53 AM)emtezet Wrote:  On the cam there are 3 plugs, one is the video, another one (4 pin) goes to "motor", last one goes to camera (it is 8 pin, bud only 5 are used).

The cam plug go to the camera????? please explain. Confusing info

Did you use correct Can High and Can Low wires not other way around???

There is no other connection only the ones I have listed above.

Don't know how yours is divided so cant help more than this.

———————-
This is important

There are different can high can low groups. Check you have connected to the correct CAN group (convenience infotainment drivetrain etc).

If you like my post press [Image: postbit_thx.gif] If my post has resolved your issue press [Image: postbit_reputation.gif]

02-09-2019, 05:11 AM,
Hello, thanks for the input, I figured it out myself. Yes you have a different version with separate module I guess. My camera is the newer version with simmilar capabilities, idk when vw started to use them but they can be found on golf mk7 and passat b8.
Just for explanation - the camera motor itself has one plug, and there are two more running straight from the camera (it is a highline camera with built in module for moving guidelines and parking views.). One plug (fakra) is the video signal. Other one has 8 pins, but only five present: power, gnd, can l/h, and trigger (i wrote latch switch before but it is wrong). I thought that this trigger is an input, but i was wrong. This is an output for the camera motor. In lowline version the trigger for the motor is provided from the reverse lamp. In highline camera it is read from the canbus by the built in camera module, and needs to be connected from it to the motor, instead of reverse signal.
02-09-2019, 10:14 AM,
I think for manual transmission you need to connect the trigger to reverse light irrespective. Only for automatic transmission the reverse signal is sent from the canbus.

No trouble I hope you manage to solve out the issue.

If you like my post press [Image: postbit_thx.gif] If my post has resolved your issue press [Image: postbit_reputation.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Passat and Tiguan 2024 david99 6 129 6 hours ago
Last Post: cicoe
  VW Passat b6 turn off ACC, turn on cruise control michalez 1 64 Yesterday, 21:42 PM
Last Post: zvonexp
ZVW Virtual Cockpit retrofit on Caddy SB crazyrs6 9 657 18-03-2024, 20:43 PM
Last Post: spooky75
ZTAudi Audi A6 C8 Matrix LED 8G4 retrofit coding Jonas225 1 190 02-03-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: wojoo
  ACC retrofit H10 5Q0907572H KluthR 1 131 01-03-2024, 15:44 PM
Last Post: Mex165
ZVW Passat B6 B7 CC BCM decript and clone program StefanDST 0 118 26-02-2024, 15:35 PM
Last Post: StefanDST
  Request VW Passat CBBB DQ250 codingbmwsofia 1 99 16-02-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: pupu144
  VW Passat B7 DQ200 sgo/frf sokisoki3 1 114 14-02-2024, 15:56 PM
Last Post: pupu144
  Camera 3Q0980654 0272 sokisoki3 2 147 26-01-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: mars2moon
  VW Crafter 2Y 2018year retrofit CCS sokisoki3 0 98 25-01-2024, 16:01 PM
Last Post: sokisoki3