Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Any LR -SDD experts around?
31-08-2019, 18:06 PM,
ILandRover  Any LR -SDD experts around?
Friend of mine has done something when playing with JLR on his 2013 evoque and managed to kill the navi system. Its totally dead.

I've TV in and managed to help him program the following:
"CONFIGURE NEW MODULES - AUDIO FRONT CONTROL MODULE"
"CONFIGURE NEW MODULES - FRONT CONTROLS INTERFACE MODULE B (front audio control panel)"

Both programmed with no problem. The first one we used the USB stick method as described on SDD.

It remains dead, nothing displaying on the screen, no audio working, parking sensors not working through it..ie.. dead. But the CD remains spinning inside, even with the car off. It kills the battery, so a fuse must be removed to stop this.

Now... 1 week later, MOST communication is dead in the car. Big X across all 3 modules in the MOST. So, car stripped down and MOST fibre cable is checked, there is pulsing light from each end of the cable! Now no communication with MOST modules at all. Now really at a loss to what it could be.

Any ideas guys?

[Image: 16gH1x0.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2019, 09:51 AM,
RE: Any JLR SDD experts around?
Remove battery negative 5 min. Fault Codes? Is ecu responding to diagnosis?
01-09-2019, 10:32 AM,
(01-09-2019, 09:51 AM)bobdinro Wrote:  Remove battery negative 5 min. Fault Codes? Is ecu responding to diagnosis?

Battery has been removed, the ecu as per above is responding and being programmed fine until 1 week later, then it is dead completely on the MOST.

01-09-2019, 11:07 AM,
Hi Friend
Before Started you have to passe the Install NGI phase 2,5 to Phase 4
i think the loss software ov infotainment could damage it

Good luck
01-09-2019, 11:24 AM,
(01-09-2019, 11:07 AM)Lhcenbolt Wrote:  Hi Friend
i think the loss software ov infotainment  could  damage it

Good luck

Hi.

Do you mean install all the NGI files? they are installed okay to the SW. This is the strange thing, even programming the module works no problem.

Regards

09-09-2019, 13:20 PM,
Okay, the CD stays spinning in the car even with ignition off.

As I say, programming:
"CONFIGURE NEW MODULES - FRONT CONTROLS INTERFACE MODULE B (front audio control panel)"

does not solve the problem. It remains dead completely (other than the cd spinning which cannot be ejected).

22-09-2019, 20:32 PM,
RE: Any LR -SDD experts around?
Still struggling with this one.
Anyone with any clues?

He has checked power is going to the units, and it is.
MOST fiber is working fine.

24-09-2019, 21:16 PM,
RE: Any LR -SDD experts around?
i think the loss software ov infotainment could damage it

Good luck

2013my Evoque will be running gen 2.1 not the NGI touch pro system, so no phase 2.5 or 4 etc to worry about.

Master module on the gen 2.1 is the FCDIM (touch screen) You should have comms with that on the MSCAN. If no comms with that all other MOST modules will show as no comms. This is because SDD uses the FCDIM as a gateway to read the MOST modules.
If you don't have comms with the FCDIM (touchscreen) on MSCAN then you will need a new module, (as long as you have checked powers grounds and MSCAN connections are ok on the FCDIM first) You maybe able to reflash it via the USB service port on the FCDIM.
This is something i have only done once many years ago and it was under the guideance of JLR technical. Maybe someone else on here can advise on this
[+] 1 user says Thank You to henocsr for this post
25-09-2019, 23:31 PM,
(09-09-2019, 13:20 PM)J415UNNY Wrote:  Okay, the CD stays spinning in the car even with ignition off.

As I say, programming:

does not solve the problem. It remains dead completely (other than the cd spinning which cannot be ejected).
FCIMB is a push button panel around display.
You have brick the FCDIM - display.
Select the symptoms related entertainment system and find:
“Configure existing module - Front Controls Display Interface Module”
In the recommendation folder or in the extras.
USB stick required like for ACM.

I'm in the Telegram: @Vladimir_Z2
Site of the Telegram messenger: https://telegram.org
[+] 1 user says Thank You to zva2003 for this post
27-09-2019, 10:28 AM,
(24-09-2019, 21:16 PM)henocsr Wrote:  
i think the loss software ov infotainment  could  damage it 

Good luck

2013my Evoque will be running gen 2.1 not the NGI touch pro system, so no phase 2.5 or 4 etc to worry about.

Master module on the gen 2.1 is the FCDIM (touch screen) You should have comms with that on the MSCAN. If no comms with that all other MOST modules will show as no comms. This is because SDD uses the FCDIM as a gateway to read the MOST modules.
If you don't have comms with the FCDIM (touchscreen) on MSCAN then you will need a new module, (as long as you have checked powers grounds and MSCAN connections are ok on the FCDIM first)  You maybe able to reflash it via the USB service port on the FCDIM. 
This is something i have only done once many years ago and it was under the guideance of JLR technical. Maybe someone else on here can advise on this

Thanks for the information, this was actually solved a few days ago. The issue was the main panel died. Even though power was going to it and MOST was flashing. The unit was replaced and now its working again. The loss of communication on all 3 MOST modules happened only when the battery died on the car. This was unfortunate. However, still big X on each 3 module on the MOST line, which is strange. No programming needed when fitted new panel unit.

(25-09-2019, 23:31 PM)zva2003 Wrote:  
(09-09-2019, 13:20 PM)J415UNNY Wrote:  Okay, the CD stays spinning in the car even with ignition off.

As I say, programming:

FCIMB is a push button panel around display.
You have brick the FCDIM - display.
Select the symptoms related entertainment system and find:
“Configure existing module - Front Controls Display Interface Module”
In the recommendation folder or in the extras.
USB stick required like for ACM.

Do you know how its possible to brick the display?