Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Help on how to paste the JCW 210hp into my ECU
11-09-2019, 23:54 PM,
XSMini  Help on how to paste the JCW 210hp into my ECU
Hi, I was wondering if someone could guide me or help me with a ECU flash for the JCW into a Cooper S ECU. I changed all the components from a mini I have that's crashed. I tried flashing the ECU with the 210hp JCW bin file but I get and error on MPPS and the car won't start and I noticed the check engine light won't illuminate after the flash. I'll like to know what I am doing wrong and I need you guys help or guidance. I am going to attach both files so you guys can get an idea on what I am working with. Thank you ahead of time.

Attached Files
07562641_Stock.rar
File Type: .rar
Downloaded: 4 times
Size: 183.88 KB

R53 JCW210_S122237002A.zip
File Type: .zip
Downloaded: 4 times
Size: 193.57 KB

Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2019, 01:44 AM,
RE: Help on how to paste the JCW 210hp into my ECU
The regular Cooper S and JCW actually run different models of ECU. It's not just a different flash, it's different hardware. You'll also need your ECU ISN number to match your CAS ISN for the immobilizer to allow engine starting.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to RocketSurgeon for this post
12-09-2019, 04:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-09-2019, 04:39 AM by hector0011.)
I do have the ECU From the JCW vehicle. but I installed and it wont start. I tried to sync the EWS and the JCW ecu but it wont work.

This is the JCW ECU that came with the donor vehicle.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

12-09-2019, 05:46 AM,
Like RocketSurgeon told you, the ISN number of the jcw DME as your CAS knows.
You will need help from someone who could change the ISN number...

Thorsten

BMW OEM FSC codes for Apple CarPlay 143 and 17B, AndroidAuto 1CA, MGU and MGU21 region conversation and others

LINK
12-09-2019, 15:45 PM,
XSMini  RE: Help on how to paste the JCW 210hp into my ECU
Quote:The regular Cooper S and JCW actually run different models of ECU. It's not just a different flash, it's different hardware. You'll also need your ECU ISN number to match your CAS ISN for the immobilizer to allow engine starting.
That's not true. Depending on the production date regular Cooper S can have a EMS2 or the MS5150.
AFAIK the JCW models always had the EMS5150.

Quote:Like RocketSurgeon told you, the ISN number of the jcw DME as your CAS knows.
This is a R53. No CAS. These cars have a EWS

I have attached the JCW file and disabled the immo. This file should start the car if everything else is ok. So just plug in the JCW ecu and flash the file.
I've sent you the pass for the file by PM.
Please give feedback if it works like it should.

Attached Files
R53 JCW210-2_immo-off.rar
File Type: .rar
Downloaded: 7 times
Size: 174.76 KB

[+] 1 user says Thank You to o-dog for this post
12-09-2019, 19:29 PM,
Thank you O-Dog, I'll give a try and I'll let you know how it went. Thank you

(12-09-2019, 15:45 PM)o-dog Wrote:  
Quote:The regular Cooper S and JCW actually run different models of ECU. It's not just a different flash, it's different hardware. You'll also need your ECU ISN number to match your CAS ISN for the immobilizer to allow engine starting.
That's not true. Depending on the production date regular Cooper S can have a EMS2 or the MS5150.

Quote:Like RocketSurgeon told you, the ISN number of the jcw DME as your CAS knows.

I have attached the JCW file and disabled the immo. This file should start the car if everything else is ok. So just plug in the JCW ecu and flash the file.
12-09-2019, 20:33 PM,
O-Dog, I flashed the JCW ECU and it didn't work. I noticed it lost the check engine and the emi light too, and I git an error on MPPS.
(12-09-2019, 19:29 PM)hector0011 Wrote:  Thank you O-Dog, I'll give a try and I'll let you know how it went. Thank you

(12-09-2019, 15:45 PM)o-dog Wrote:  

13-09-2019, 06:26 AM,
That's strange because it's a tested solution and worked on many other cars...
You need to check if the programming of the ecu really works. Why are you getting an error on MPPS?
If you check the car with ISTA what DTC's do you get?
13-09-2019, 10:21 AM,
It seems to me that you initially overly complicate the task. Everything is done by Win KFP (ISTA-P) without any dumps. The procedure is described in detail in the attached file ...

Attached Files
JCW 210Hp Tuning Kit.pdf
File Type: .pdf
Downloaded: 34 times
Size: 1.11 MB

[+] 2 users say Thank You to Owl1975 for this post