Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

What hardware can rewrite VIN to immo and ECU?
24-09-2019, 16:33 PM,
RHonda  What hardware can rewrite VIN to immo and ECU?
I've done a rather unique swap and need to write the car's original VIN to the immobilizer and ECU. 

Car: 2008 Honda Element
Immobilizer: 2008 Honda Element
Engine: 2008 Acura TL 3.2 base
ECU: 2008 Acura TL 3.2 base 37820-RDA-A84

I had a locksmith come out and he was able to re-write the immobilizer to match the Acura ECU and he programmed my keys so I could start the car and drive it. What I was hoping was that he could write the Element's VIN to the ECU but his tablet couldn't re-write the VIN. I've done some research and have come to find that only certain devices can re-write things to these ECUs.

I purchased a Honda/Acura i-HDS Diagnostics/Programming Tool that was a Panasonic Toughbook that included "THE LATEST VERSION OF HDS 3.103.036, i-HDS 1.004.064 and J2534 Rewrite 4/6/2019" along with an X-Horse clone usb-OBD2 cable. I've verified that it can connect to the vehicle, but it alerted me that the device used to connect to the vehicle didn't support the protocol needed to communicate with the immobilizer. I can see PGM-FI, AT, SRS, ABS, etc. When I click on IMMO it says that the cable can't communicate. 

So I ordered an "HDS HIM Diagnostic Tool for Honda With Double Board Newest Version V3.102.004" but the version of HDS that came on the laptop couldn't see the HIM tool so I couldn't select it for use. I installed the version that came with the HIM tool and it can now see the tool, but when I connect to the car, the IMMO button is now missing.

Does anyone know what version of HDS I need to use the HIM tool that will allow me to connect to the immobilizer and re-write the VIN as well as rewrite the VIN on the ECU or replace it all together?

Am I going about this the right way and have the equipment to do what I need? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2019, 18:36 PM,
RE: What hardware can rewrite VIN to immo and ECU?
Quick update! I remembered that I had another (and more complete) version of HDS from a while ago. I installed HDS 3.101.019 which was 4.65GB in size! It came with an application called HIMGMA.exe which apparently was created by TizWaz. I believe this allowed the version to detect the GNA600 and HIM.

So after installing, I ran it and connected it to my Element. I was able to select the HIM and it connected to the car. Once it identified the car as a 2008 Acura TL (remember i'm using the TL ECU) I was able to read the Honda Systems. Now it is showing IMMOBI, is able to connect to it and i'm able to do things like replace immobilizer, VSA, and other things.

I had to replace the VSA modulator in the Honda Element with one from the Acura TL because of the communication difference and also the yaw rate sensor module being different, it is functioning fine but is throwing a code for ECU Relation error. I was never able to get to "Replace VSA modulator" so it can pair it with the ECU. Now that I can get there, it is saying "Obtain PCM-code[IMMOBILIZER PCM CODE] from iN. The vehicle's VIN will be required to obtain the password" and then it shows a screen with a number entry screen.

Does anyone know if there are code calculators available that can provide these? Not asking to post software but perhaps a link to where I could learn more? Also, if anyone has questions about these various Honda systems or about the swap I would be happy to answer.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

29-09-2019, 22:59 PM,
(24-09-2019, 18:36 PM)techmechanic Wrote:  Does anyone know if there are code calculators available that can provide these? Not asking to post software but perhaps a link to where I could learn more? Also, if anyone has questions about these various Honda systems or about the swap I would be happy to answer.

Problem with the code calculator is that it is relative to the version of HDS you are using. Download a program called code wizard pro 2. it will do honda codes free in demo mode. You can find it on google and it is free. Best bet would be to use a Launch scanner because it is fast and easy and no code needed. Or an older version of hds from like 2012 2013 should work also.
03-04-2022, 14:35 PM,
X431 Pro works with honda fine without any access codes and write VIN
03-04-2022, 15:01 PM,
I have done a dozen of Honda K24 series pcm replacement procedure with my launch xdiag pro3 successfully without any issue.
29-10-2022, 22:33 PM,
+1 for Launch, or even Autel...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
RHonda Best adapter fit with immo programming software on honda 2003 accord Anas-alkhatib 5 2,148 21-07-2019, 15:07 PM
Last Post: r.kelly
  HDS 3.012.023 SPX-MVCI-Immo+No Lockout Video TizWoz 12 8,267 30-04-2019, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Tony023
RHonda Honda HDS 3.015.033 + ECU Rewrite 6.27.10 loressima 11 9,192 20-08-2017, 20:02 PM
Last Post: chong5195
  Newest Honda HDS and J2534 Rewrite Software as of 6.10.17 mcusys 0 2,785 09-08-2017, 03:43 AM
Last Post: mcusys
  HDS with working IMMO? xtac1080 3 1,871 14-05-2017, 09:05 AM
Last Post: microqman