Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Question about enet cable programing
10-10-2019, 10:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-10-2019, 10:20 AM by kimetp.)
XZBMW  Question about enet cable programing
Sorry for this stupid question

Any one have programed all car with istap with enet cable successful
its safe to do it with enet cable

because i want to program all car but i'm scared

BMW F10 530DX
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2019, 12:16 PM,
RE: Question about enet cable programing
(10-10-2019, 10:19 AM)kimetp Wrote:  Sorry for this stupid question

Any one have programed all car with istap with enet cable successful
its safe to do it with enet cable

because i want to program all car but i'm scared

BMW F10 530DX

Why would you want to program F10 with ISTAP? If you want to update the car to latest software use E-sys. Any recent ISTAP version won't support F-series. This has been the case for a awhile now. Why you want to update the car? Updating car is risky even with the right equipment. Do you have a proper power supply?
10-10-2019, 12:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-10-2019, 12:30 PM by kimetp.)
Yes i have power supply

How can i update to lates version with esys can you help me

And i want to ask what is differenc enet cable and icom what cant to do with enet cable
10-10-2019, 12:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-10-2019, 12:56 PM by Node.)
ICOM is a separate computer which handles all protocols itself and has connection to a car through multiple busses (D-CAN, K-CAN, ENET) at the same time. It also has internal measurement for car voltage, etc.

F10 is able to talk via D-CAN and ENET. Strictly speaking both of these are connected to ZGM which then "translates" messages and forward to other units in a car via appropriate buses. As long as your ZGM is functioning properly there is no difference. However ENET bus needs much more complicate software to run, and early ZGMs do have issues to be programmed over this bus (you can use search on this forum to find workarounds).

So basically, ICOM can monitor car voltage, ignition status and other things itself and stop communication with a car if prerequisites are not met. ENET cable will pump data to a car in any case. If your power supply has ample amperage to keep constant car voltage, this may not be an issue.

As Spirit said flashing a car is always a risk. Its just smaller (and potentially easier recoverable) with the right tools.

I personally prefer ISTA+ for flashing because its "run and enjoy". It knows which units need to be programmed with ignition on and which with it off. It also runs all required initializations afterwards. With E-Sys you more or less need to know all of that yourself and do manually. But when flashing fails seriously, E-Sys is the only tool to do recovery.
[+] 3 users say Thank You to Node for this post
10-10-2019, 13:11 PM,
(10-10-2019, 12:53 PM)Node Wrote:  ICOM is a separate computer which handles all protocols itself and has connection to a car through multiple busses (D-CAN, K-CAN, ENET) at the same time. It also has internal measurement for car voltage, etc.

F10 is able to talk via D-CAN and ENET. Strictly speaking both of these are connected to ZGM which then "translates" messages and forward to other units in a car via appropriate buses. As long as your ZGM is functioning properly there is no difference. However ENET bus needs much more complicate software to run, and early ZGMs do have issues to be programmed over this bus (you can use search on this forum to find workarounds).

So basically, ICOM can monitor car voltage, ignition status and other things itself and stop communication with a car if prerequisites are not met. ENET cable will pump data to a car in any case. If your power supply has ample amperage to keep constant car voltage, this may not be an issue.

As Spirit said flashing a car is always a risk. Its just smaller (and potentially easier recoverable) with the right tools.

I personally prefer ISTA+ for flashing because its "run and enjoy". It knows which units need to be programmed with ignition on and which with it off. It also runs all required initializations afterwards. With E-Sys you more or less need to know all of that yourself and do manually. But when flashing fails seriously, E-Sys is the only tool to do recovery.
But I have a problem with configuration ISTA+ for progromming F series.
I have a Standalone version and full psdzdata.
Maybe can you help how configuration my register
10-10-2019, 13:39 PM,
I do not have ENET cable so can't help. But I think I saw somewhere that at least latest standalones by Sedoy do work with ENET cables. Can't guarantee that though.
10-10-2019, 15:30 PM,
I have ICOM but ISTA not work
10-10-2019, 16:12 PM,
How? What happens?
10-10-2019, 16:54 PM,
(10-10-2019, 12:53 PM)Node Wrote:  ICOM is a separate computer which handles all protocols itself and has connection to a car through multiple busses (D-CAN, K-CAN, ENET) at the same time. It also has internal measurement for car voltage, etc.

Do you mean ista p because i think ista+ is not for programming just diagnostic ?
10-10-2019, 17:08 PM,
(10-10-2019, 16:54 PM)kimetp Wrote:  

Do you mean ista p because i think ista+ is not for programming just diagnostic ?

ISTA+ is for programming and diagnostics. However many people prefer E-Sys for flashing ECU's especially with retrofitted components. 

I can provide admin licenses for a cleaner easier to update version of ISTA+

I don't know much, but if I've helped you're welcome.
MGU Virgin/Component Protection Removal/Full Retrofit FSC
clapping BMW ISPI Admin Client License (Contact for info)
cheers Complete EntryNav2 FSC solution for Retrofit/Component Protection
enjoyKAFAS2 7E/BE/BF KAFAS4 11F/13E/13F
biggrin Carplay activations/FullScreen/ID4-5
rock EntryNav2 Carplay activations OEM/Provisioning
mail Contact me for more information
[+] 1 user says Thank You to DayvG for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW BMW Remote ENET B O S S 11 1,232 06-04-2024, 17:38 PM
Last Post: Jalami
XZBMW ISTA D and P cable, a good one ac427 3 273 02-04-2024, 14:23 PM
Last Post: ac427
  FEM Not working with ENET but works wtih DCAN armenh7 2 286 01-04-2024, 20:21 PM
Last Post: armenh7
  [Question] Change X1 F48 gearbox jaramillo 9 1,464 24-03-2024, 21:27 PM
Last Post: masa52
XZBMW TestO whit E-net cable Eyestorm 3 424 11-03-2024, 13:43 PM
Last Post: vikro2000
  Direct Ethernet to OABR cable for nbt evo coding HU_man 14 1,462 01-03-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: dncomputech
  E90 Key programing tx299 2 207 27-02-2024, 20:40 PM
Last Post: Ulsmak
XZBMW ISTA Version Question that4chanhacker 5 617 09-02-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Node
XZBMW BMW ICOM OBD main cable 15pin to 16pin body1982 5 608 27-01-2024, 04:42 AM
Last Post: body1982
  ISTA AOS and enet cable Wojti77 6 1,272 24-01-2024, 04:28 AM
Last Post: vipsha