Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

BMW option S909A ANALYSESTECKER. Development car programming backdoor
10-10-2019, 12:29 PM,
XZBMW  BMW option S909A ANALYSESTECKER. Development car programming backdoor
I may have made a very special discovery for people that know what they do.

I found a 24 pin (25 pin) connector behind the glovebox in the ECU rack that could easily be pulled through into the glovebox for easy access in my E65.
And my belief is that it is option code S909A ANALYSESTECKER aka obd plus that BMW puts in their development cars and pre series cars. And my car has this!

The connector appear to have connections to all major busses and so on with thick wires for power. 

So I wonder if this can be useful to us?

Unfortunately I don't know what box or thinf BMW intended to be hooked to it. And no wiring diagrams are available for it so that would probably have to be made by me. If you guys think this can be useful for something?
It could probably be wired into other cars then and other models that has that option code like the E60 E63 E90 E70 E80 E85

Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2019, 12:37 PM,
RE: BMW option S909A ANALYSESTECKER. Development car programming backdoor
I seriously doubt you have a development car from BMW
They are all destroyed or put in museum or underground car park in Munich but never registered.
Now the e65 is such an over engineered monstrous car that it may look like development
Now I stand corrected. Maybe I am wrong.
But even if you had one, that would be useless anyway.
Technology is 20 years old.
10-10-2019, 15:19 PM,
All the modules and buses are already available via the OBD plug, a different wiring location would not make it behave any differently than a normal car.
10-10-2019, 16:16 PM,
OBD plug only has connection to some gateway unit on BMW for last 20 or so years. It can be kombi, zgw or other unit. That gateway unit forwards data to respective buses. That plug may have direct access to most of buses, but you can access them anyway, just not in a single place. I do not see any use for that connector other than if you seriously want to analyse traffic on all buses at the same time.
10-10-2019, 17:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-10-2019, 18:01 PM by sqorpius.)
Not true actually. There are some cars that carry “pre-production management” or better said "Vor-serien" Salapa, these cars are very late stage pre-production and are “hochgerüstet” / retrofitted to production spec. models. But it happens rarely and not very often. Typically sold within circle of select BMW employees. I’ve seen 2x M135i and 1x 420D F32 with pre production management and/or press vehicle etc. With a build date before official production. There is an extent on range of different stages within these pre-production cars varying from: Prototypes, development cars, pre-production cars/Vor-serien fahrzeuge, Null-serien vehicles, Press vehicles and everything in between. Some cars have most parts from active production already, most dont and get recycled (which nowadays, most parts are sold actually, not shredded, if parts are from production lines)

(10-10-2019, 12:37 PM)bmwcoder75 Wrote:  I seriously doubt you have a development car from BMW
They are all destroyed or put in museum or underground car park in Munich but never registered.
Now the e65 is such an over engineered monstrous car that it may look like development
[+] 1 user says Thank You to sqorpius for this post
10-10-2019, 17:59 PM,
(10-10-2019, 17:53 PM)sqorpius Wrote:  Not true actually. There are some cars that carry “pre-production management” Salapa, these cars are very late stage pre-production and are “hochgerüstet” / retrofitted to production spec. models. But it happens rarely and not very often. Typically sold within circle of select BMW employees. I’ve seen 2x M135i and 1x 420D F32 with pre production management and/or press vehicle etc. With a build date before official production. There is an extent on range of different stages within "development/pre-production/vor-serien/test etc"

(10-10-2019, 12:37 PM)bmwcoder75 Wrote:  I seriously doubt you have a development car from BMW

There is a différence between a development vehicle and a pre production vehicle
Development cars are not sold to employees. Some one off versions were acquired by employees like e39 M5 touring.
10-10-2019, 18:07 PM,
That is what I wrote yes? I am talking about pre-production cars, or "Vor-serien" as i wrotesmile 

(10-10-2019, 17:59 PM)bmwcoder75 Wrote:  
(10-10-2019, 17:53 PM)sqorpius Wrote:  Not true actually. There are some cars that carry “pre-production management” Salapa, these cars are very late stage pre-production and are “hochgerüstet” / retrofitted to production spec. models. But it happens rarely and not very often. Typically sold within circle of select BMW employees. I’ve seen 2x M135i and 1x 420D F32 with pre production management and/or press vehicle etc. With a build date before official production. There is an extent on range of different stages within "development/pre-production/vor-serien/test etc"

There is a différence between a development vehicle and a pre production vehicle
Development cars are not sold to employees. Some one off versions were acquired by employees like e39 M5 touring.
11-10-2019, 03:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2019, 03:22 AM by Clusters.)
Pre-production cars (S991A) get sold all the time. They are sold as used vehicles. Even prototypes and test mules end up in private hands.  See the attachment below.

E39 M5 touring was never sold. It was used as an employee car and now part of the BMW's collection.

(10-10-2019, 17:59 PM)bmwcoder75 Wrote:  

Attached Files
Examples.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 80 times
Size: 328 bytes

11-10-2019, 07:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2019, 07:34 AM by vibbelito.)

Well development vehicle might have been the wrong word. Pre production car is probably better but I think that is a development tool or at least a tool for final verification of the car before it goes into full production of that particular model version.

Anyway, see this screenshot of my build sheet

So it's a little unclear what it is used for

(10-10-2019, 17:53 PM)sqorpius Wrote:  Not true actually. There are some cars that carry “pre-production management” or better said "Vor-serien" Salapa, these cars are very late stage pre-production and are “hochgerüstet” / retrofitted to production spec. models. But it happens rarely and not very often. Typically sold within circle of select BMW employees. I’ve seen 2x M135i and 1x 420D F32 with pre production management and/or press vehicle etc. With a build date before official production. There is an extent on range of different stages within these pre-production cars varying from: Prototypes, development cars, pre-production cars/Vor-serien fahrzeuge, Null-serien vehicles, Press vehicles and everything in between. Some cars have most parts from active production already, most dont and get recycled (which nowadays, most parts are sold actually, not shredded, if parts are from production lines)

Well hard to tell if my car was later retrofitted to production spec or if it was built this way. I've seen some module dates that dates after the supposed build date but that could simply be that they have been changed at some point during the 10 years before I bought it.
One thing though that may point in that direction is the fact that it has a build date of 04-04-2005 and code
F-0905 Vehicle construction stage (Time Criteria MMJJ)
And code 
S-0962 removal registration plate holder front

But it wasn't registered in the EU until 2007-05-04

During that time the Engine ECU received 2 updated firmwares with 0km on the clock.

The service book also witness this with the "according to factory rule. Handover inspection" signed 27/3-2007
11-10-2019, 09:07 AM,
Take a look here on this block diagram that I acquired for the CAS from its FCC sertification

There you can see that this connector most likely also has a connection to the CAS (my yellow mark next to OBD2) I believe that DS+ stands for "diagnosestecker plus" or "Diagnostic socket Plus"

Going through some NCS expert files reveals what it's called in the other car models 

Code:
E60 - BESTELLUNG : "909" {} {} (0220) // DIAGNOSEDOSE // DIAGNOSEANSCHLUSS IM FUSSRAUM (OBD PLUS)

E65 - BESTELLUNG : "909" {} {} (01B9) // DIAGNOSE_PLUS // Diagnose-Dose-PLUS

E70 - BESTELLUNG : "909" {} {} (0116) // DIAGNOSEDOSE // Diagnostic socket Plus //Diagnoseanschluss im Fussraum (OBD PLUS)

E83 - BESTELLUNG : "909" {} {} () // // Diagnosedoes plus für Vorserienfahrzeuge

E85 - BESTELLUNG : "909" {} {} () // // Analysestecker (ehem Diagnosedose Plus) OBD

E89 - BESTELLUNG : "909" {} {} () // // DIAGNOSEANSCHLUSS IM FUSSRAUM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
ZSkoda Solved ✔ ISTA Standalone WLAN programming botho 4 318 21-03-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: botho
XZBMW F15 Programming Error mcrussell 7 385 20-03-2024, 05:38 AM
Last Post: SweetBMW
XZBMW BMW X6 E71 Programming Ryzen 5 192 16-03-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Node
XZBMW problem with flashing CHAMP2 module (the programming dependencies are not correct) azwgh 17 649 11-02-2024, 19:39 PM
Last Post: azwgh
  AOS ISTA reinstall not working: no programming data tintoverano 2 309 07-01-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: DarkSide
  BDC_BODY3 Cafd with Bowers&Wilkins option Zenel6GT 10 690 04-12-2023, 15:14 PM
Last Post: jb2005
  ISTA alternate version programming weinerbarn 7 1,025 24-11-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Sedoy
  EntryNav2 programming Speech ECE Matthew53 13 1,689 30-10-2023, 22:19 PM
Last Post: Matthew53
  HU Entrynav2 programming failed with Esys kaan12345 7 931 14-10-2023, 19:27 PM
Last Post: naderlouis
  BMW AOS - programming data location diagso 9 1,382 17-09-2023, 19:54 PM
Last Post: diagso