Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

E90 FRM3 - Need help getting it back to 100%
22-01-2022, 15:42 PM,
XZBMW  E90 FRM3 - Need help getting it back to 100%
Hello there guys! How are you all doing?

I'm no expert, but I really enjoy working on my own car, and this forum has helped me in more ways than I can count.

I had a problem with the FRM3 module, on my E90. The car tried to start with a dead battery, which as you all know can cause the FRM to crash and become corrupted, which happened.

I have done my best to solve this without bothering anyone for help, using all the guides and posts I could find. A very good friend was kind enough to lend me a UPA v1.3 flasher, non-genuine version.

I was aware of the risks of using that flasher, but it was already bricked so I gave it a go.

I had converted the file that was in my car, using the online tool most people do. But then the fog lamps wouldn't turn on. I searched online for a dump that matched my SW and HW, eventually found one and it took a huge amount of attempts to get the flasher to write to the whole memory, but it eventually did.

From then, the fog lamps still wouldn't turn on. Went back to search more online, which made me NCS code the module, a lot of times... No success... I wrote the VO/FA, and also tried coding an empty file to force the module to program itself based on the VO.

But still guys, the car won't turn on the fog lamps, and I also get an error that it can't find the Potentiometer Dimmer. My car has the "digital dimmer", on the dashboard, and not the analog dimmer.
So, I came to the conclusion the software is for the wrong Chassis. gavelsweating

I even tried to find my way around WinKFP, but I couldn't find a Z number, got overwhelmed, and gave up for a while. angry Now I'm back on this hahahah, and I mean, there must be a way, right?

There's a problem too, I don't think it's wise to try to flash again using UPA, and I don't have the resources to buy a good genuine programmer now. I'd really like to be able to fix this from OBD.

Can someone spare some time to help me out? I have already attached the photo of my SW HW.

I will be firing up my laptop with the files I flashed, so I can sort them out and attach them here too. If there's anything else I can provide, please let me know guys.

Thank you all very much, in advance. I hope this can be fixed! Even though it's not completely broken, I think everyone here can appreciate the importance of tidying up our cars.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2022, 18:47 PM,
RE: E90 FRM3 - Need help getting it back to 100%
(22-01-2022, 15:42 PM)nlp397 Wrote:  Hello there guys! How are you all doing?

I'm no expert, but I really enjoy working on my own car, and this forum has helped me in more ways than I can count.

I had a problem with the FRM3 module, on my E90. The car tried to start with a dead battery, which as you all know can cause the FRM to crash and become corrupted, which happened.

I have done my best to solve this without bothering anyone for help, using all the guides and posts I could find. A very good friend was kind enough to lend me a UPA v1.3 flasher, non-genuine version.

I was aware of the risks of using that flasher, but it was already bricked so I gave it a go.

I had converted the file that was in my car, using the online tool most people do. But then the fog lamps wouldn't turn on. I searched online for a dump that matched my SW and HW, eventually found one and it took a huge amount of attempts to get the flasher to write to the whole memory, but it eventually did.

From then, the fog lamps still wouldn't turn on. Went back to search more online, which made me NCS code the module, a lot of times... No success... I wrote the VO/FA, and also tried coding an empty file to force the module to program itself based on the VO.

But still guys, the car won't turn on the fog lamps, and I also get an error that it can't find the Potentiometer Dimmer. My car has the "digital dimmer", on the dashboard, and not the analog dimmer.
So, I came to the conclusion the software is for the wrong Chassis. gavelsweating

I even tried to find my way around WinKFP, but I couldn't find a Z number, got overwhelmed, and gave up for a while. angry Now I'm back on this hahahah, and I mean, there must be a way, right?

There's a problem too, I don't think it's wise to try to flash again using UPA, and I don't have the resources to buy a good genuine programmer now. I'd really like to be able to fix this from OBD.

Can someone spare some time to help me out? I have already attached the photo of my SW HW.

I will be firing up my laptop with the files I flashed, so I can sort them out and attach them here too. If there's anything else I can provide, please let me know guys.

Thank you all very much, in advance. I hope this can be fixed! Even though it's not completely broken, I think everyone here can appreciate the importance of tidying up our cars.
let me understand well. did you put a dump of an equal frm? what software do you have? if you still need I can try to help you.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Arual for this post
22-01-2022, 19:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 22-01-2022, 19:05 PM by Temnij.)
Hi mate! i can send u an eeprom from your frm3
u need write this eeprom to the ecu and then write fa from cas ecu and code with nsc expert

Attached Files
eeprom.rar
File Type: .rar
Downloaded: 14 times
Size: 1.7 KB

[+] 1 user says Thank You to Temnij for this post
22-01-2022, 19:15 PM,

Heres a complete dump for that FRM, hope it helps!

Attached Files
9224596.zip
File Type: .zip
Downloaded: 23 times
Size: 246.81 KB

Please, Press the Buttons [Image: tyl_add.png],  [Image: postbit_l_add.gif], and [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] If this post helps, or useful information for you!

FSC Repair kits
Service history
Swiftec File Services
NBT/EVO/EntryNav2 (Provisioning only)
Feature code supplier - HUTOOL

[+] 3 users say Thank You to EuroCSL for this post
23-01-2022, 14:35 PM,
Thank you all so much for the input and help!!!

I will surely be trying to use those!

Only one question guys, is the only way to flash using a programmer? Or can I flash from OBD, using WINKFP or something? Considering the module is "alive" and answers to OBD commands.
23-01-2022, 16:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 23-01-2022, 17:35 PM by nlp397.)
(22-01-2022, 18:47 PM)Arual Wrote:  

let me understand well. did you put a dump of an equal frm? what software do you have? if you still need I can try to help you.

Hey guys!

So, I found the file that I flashed to the FRM, I'm attaching it to this post, it's the file named "PL2_FRM3R_6135_9224596_SW115500_HW05". By the name, it is supposed to match the one you guys sent actually. sweating

I'm also attaching what I think is the corrupt EEPROM I extracted back when the module was fried, it's labeled backup.

Arual, thanks so much for offering to help too! Yes, I flashed what seems to match the module I have. I have access to NCS Expert and WinKFP. I have tried to copy the FA from CAS, but nothing changed. Is there any other information I can give?

If anyone else feels they could also give some input to help, please do. Thanks a lot!

Guys, I went back to WINKFP, trying to program the module from there. From Comfort Mode, I chose the FRM3R, then entered the VIN and tried programming it, with a charger connected. I was then presented with the error in the image attached.

Also, I tried to get some information from WINKFP, on the two OUT files attached. As you can see, there's something wrong there sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

PL2_FRM3R_6135_9224596_SW115500_HW05.zip
Downloaded: 4 times
Size: 172.68 KB

E90_FRM3_BACKUP.zip
Downloaded: 5 times
Size: 1.39 KB

IDENT_STDOBD__.OUT.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 6 times
Size: 627 bytes

REF_STDOBD__.OUT.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 4 times
Size: 812 bytes

24-01-2022, 05:37 AM,
There is information HWH missing in the eeprom. Best bet is to try programme it in expert mode. Or write another file. You have been sent a few up there.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to willisodhiambo for this post
24-01-2022, 14:57 PM,
XZBMW  RE: E90 FRM3 - Need help getting it back to 100%
(24-01-2022, 05:37 AM)willisodhiambo Wrote:  There is information HWH missing in the eeprom. Best bet is to try programme it in expert mode. Or write another file. You have been sent a few up there.

Thank you for the attention, man!

I considered writing another file, but I’m afraid the programmer might be failing to write part of it, or even causing corruption.

Since the module responds to OBD and is not completely dead, I would really like to go with the expert mode option.

The thing is, I have never done that before, and I couldn’t find the right ZB# yet. Can you help me with that, please? I probably should know this by myself, sorry for that.

In the meantime I will keep looking.
24-01-2022, 17:05 PM,
Post the last 7 of VIN and I can get you FRM ZB for it. It is useless to try to use the automatic update function in WinKFP
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Enabled for this post
24-01-2022, 17:49 PM,
(24-01-2022, 17:05 PM)Enabled Wrote:  Post the last 7 of VIN and I can get you FRM ZB for it. It is useless to try to use the automatic update function in WinKFP

Thank you very much Enabled! I have spent my lunch trying to figure this out, with not much luck. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Last 7 digits of VIN: A636567

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW BMW E81 FRM3 DUMP Schnitzer 1 61 26-03-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: claw
  F15 6WB old mileage comming back RuleNormaliai 18 770 22-03-2024, 19:32 PM
Last Post: Rajco
XZBMW R60 FRM3 SZT 3457528 Gatsby79 2 104 23-02-2024, 23:40 PM
Last Post: Gatsby79
  Frm3 mini r60 3457587 dump ____ANGEL___ 3 436 23-02-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Gatsby79
XZBMW FRM3 F11 XEP100 need dump or repair 530d 2 140 22-02-2024, 15:33 PM
Last Post: 530d
  Looking for FRM3 Dump BMW jaramillo 1 163 21-01-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: BMWzone
XZBMW How to flash DME back to stock to remove tune - HELP! Nixer 12 943 21-01-2024, 02:52 AM
Last Post: Nixer
XZBMW FRM3 D-Flash empty OviECU 4 271 19-01-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: OviECU
XZBMW Solved ✔ BMW FRM3 9263806 eXslide89 3 225 11-01-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: eXslide89
XZBMW file for EEPROM for FRM3 Richard_1360 1 163 04-01-2024, 22:27 PM
Last Post: johann74270