Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Coding CAFD/NCD not Mapped by EsysPlus
16-03-2022, 04:57 AM,
Coding CAFD/NCD not Mapped by EsysPlus
Hi all,

I am probably way off on my thought process here, but I am trying to code some settings in SAS3 that have been around for a while enabling aSLA. Problem is I am on 11/21 and EsysPlus does not have mapping for 11/21 yet.

So when I choose to edit FDL, EsysPlus prompts me to "Fix by Reference" and I select the 'CAFD_00004C1_003_004_000 option.  I find a number of UnkownParam entries in misc. sections.

If I were to open my current version CAFD from PSdZData in the CAF viewer and get the proper werte values, applying these to the few aSLA settings needing modification in SAS3,  what happens when I code this "Fixed by Reference" NCD back to the car?  Will it only write changed sections or does it write the whole thing back and if so, I assume all those other UnknowParams is going to screw stuff up.

Sorry if this a stupid question... trying to learn as I go, and hate that I let the dealership update me to 11/21 as I have lost features I was able to previously code like aSLA.  And of course there is no ETA on 11/21 mapping from the EsysPlus guys.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.

Rayo

Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2022, 06:20 AM,
RE: Coding CAFD/NCD not Mapped by EsysPlus
Hi
I also use EsysPlus. My car's firmware is 22-03-530, and the 'Fixed by reference' message has appeared since last November when the major firmware was installed.
In conclusion, it is okay to code by selecting 'fixed by reference'. Compare the coded NCD file with the pre-existing NCD file. Same. There is no different.
Don't worry.

[+] 1 user says Thank You to QTman1215 for this post
16-03-2022, 06:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 16-03-2022, 06:44 AM by masa52.)
checked your cafd and my esys plus mapp cafd properly, so I assume you have some windows problems reinstall system
17-03-2022, 01:23 AM,
FYI for anyone following along, a complete reload of the PC and all software did not resolve anything. As stated by others in another thread, this appears to be completely an issue with the Mapping simply not being there in EsysPlus for 11/21.

The info posted about it working for masa52 was because his "Fix by Reference" is set to default. When showing me his "properly loaded" CAFD, it was also missing the mapping and showing the UnknownParams for the sections of the ECU I was looking to code.

Now I am Not saying that using "Fix by Reference" will not allow coding to take place and for folks to have success, but I am weary of writing back an NCD that has been "Fixed by Reference" where all those entries are showing Unknown Parameters.

17-03-2022, 05:09 AM,
as I said for me its no problem to change werte for FF (active) or 01 if its show UnknownParams
17-03-2022, 06:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 17-03-2022, 06:04 AM by RayoVac.)
(17-03-2022, 05:09 AM)masa52 Wrote:  as I said for me its no problem to change werte for FF (active) or 01 if its show UnknownParams

Correct, I have never said it cannot be coded.  I too could change the values and write the code.  

The problem for me and the risk I did not want to take was the fact that the entry I was looking to modify was being shown as UnkownParmeter, so EsysPlus does not having it mapped properly to the matching 11/21 PSdZData.

Also the default werte value I read from my car for one section I was concerned with was 00 in that UnkownParam value.  If I use the CAF viewer and open the CAFD file EsysPlus is mapping against in PSdZData with "Fix by Reference" the default value shown is 02.  So this concerns me as I know my car "should" currently have that section with a default value.

And just to reiterate, I know, I know... it can be coded and others have been successful letting EsysPlus do its "Fix by Reference" mapping.   But for me I don't feel its worth the risk of potentially bonking an ECU or applying/replacing values for ECU sections that I don't want to accidentally change.   So I am going to wait for EsysPlus to support 11/21 before I try to modify my SAS3.

Thanks a TON to Masa52 helping me get to the bottom of this.

Rayo

21-03-2022, 19:56 PM,
(17-03-2022, 06:03 AM)RayoVac Wrote:  
(17-03-2022, 05:09 AM)masa52 Wrote:  as I said for me its no problem to change werte for FF (active) or 01 if its show UnknownParams

Correct, I have never said it cannot be coded.  I too could change the values and write the code.  

The problem for me and the risk I did not want to take was the fact that the entry I was looking to modify was being shown as UnkownParmeter, so EsysPlus does not having it mapped properly to the matching 11/21 PSdZData.

Also the default werte value I read from my car for one section I was concerned with was 00 in that UnkownParam value.  If I use the CAF viewer and open the CAFD file EsysPlus is mapping against in PSdZData with "Fix by Reference" the default value shown is 02.  So this concerns me as I know my car "should" currently have that section with a default value.

And just to reiterate, I know, I know... it can be coded and others have been successful letting EsysPlus do its "Fix by Reference" mapping.   But for me I don't feel its worth the risk of potentially bonking an ECU or applying/replacing values for ECU sections that I don't want to accidentally change.   So I am going to wait for EsysPlus to support 11/21 before I try to modify my SAS3.

Rayo

I have the same problem. the "Fix by reference" fix wrong.
The mapping file is wrong and if you use the fixed you modify random fdl.
22-03-2022, 02:54 AM,
(21-03-2022, 19:56 PM)alegsxr Wrote:  
(17-03-2022, 06:03 AM)RayoVac Wrote:  

Rayo

I have the same problem. the "Fix by reference" fix wrong.
The mapping file is wrong and if you use the fixed you modify random fdl.
Same issues.... there is nothing we can do until they update the mapping.  Trust me!!!!  It's not your install, or your operating system, don't go reloading everything.  If your car is running something later than 7/21, then you are missing the updated mapping plain and simple.  We just need to find some patience and wait.  I just wish EsysPlus would respond with a status update.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW Coding a F80 M3 race car PeterY 6 223 58 minutes ago
Last Post: Esysx
XZBMW 6wb cluster swap and coding xMoses 4 173 Yesterday, 19:07 PM
Last Post: NikolaIMRS
XZBMW M performance brake DSC2 SBRE coding Ckh091020 3 195 Yesterday, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Ckh091020
  pulling both paddles put transmission into neutral coding tintoverano 1 101 Yesterday, 12:42 PM
Last Post: raresh.tazz
XZBMW F20 LCI2 black panel cluster coding sqorpius 9 1,999 21-04-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Adekborys69
XZBMW G01 2019 X3 - ATM Replacement/Coding Help Needed jchisholm17 10 407 18-04-2024, 21:44 PM
Last Post: jchisholm17
  TMS FRM3 F10 Coding issue mj_mj_mj 17 1,919 16-04-2024, 09:30 AM
Last Post: user_530d
  BMW F10 RHD to LHD coding? morto 12 1,481 13-04-2024, 17:32 PM
Last Post: pablito94
  Possible to revert SWFL, SWFK and CAFD on DME st1 2 200 12-04-2024, 15:57 PM
Last Post: user_530d
  E60 EVO OABR to OBD Coding painsage 13 523 12-04-2024, 10:54 AM
Last Post: painsage