Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

BimmerUtility vs Esys Launchers
08-04-2022, 15:18 PM,
XZBMW  BimmerUtility vs Esys Launchers
Hey,

Bimmer Utility is all around the place in many thereads on CT. My suggestion to communicate thru one thread designated for BimmerUtility.

For all members that want to ask about: price or what Bimmer Utility is for. Please use google or add .com to the name of the tool and you'll find everything you need smile

I purchased the tool few days ago and it's no brainer to recomend it.

Things that I like:
+ Easy of use and installation
+ Mapping updates/serious developer standing behind it
+ OTA updates
+ Speed and optimization
+ FA editior is awsone
+ DTC's from tool level
+ Compability with new Esys versions

What bothers me(minor stuff):
- multiple prompts about new caf's when reading coding from whole car
- random doubleclicks on outter edges of BU maximizes/minimizes window

- Only when connected remotly DTC/FSC are working on a hit or miss basis

- FA editor when browsing always opens on C: drive I would love to start always in C: Data/FA same for CAF's

Nice to have:
1. Back up of SVT,FA and CAF to folder(named after short VIN)

2. Based on above - advance filtering for CAF's

This will be new tool of choice for me when it comes to onsite jobs. Due to my use cases  for remote jobs BU is almost there (I hate waiting for ISTA just to clear errors). 

What is your experience with BU so far?
Reputation: +9 - volavka [+2] , Bmw325x [+1] , Alex0389 [+1] , georgia55 [+1] , marksman530 [+1] , Alex_Tushino [+1] , BMWCodingch [+1] , TomSab [+1]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 23 users say Thank You to diagso for this post
08-04-2022, 16:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2022, 17:09 PM by Rob@BU.)
RE: BimmerUtility vs Esys Launchers
Hello,

Thanks so much for your detailed review!

We appreciate your Suggestions as well!

We are looking into adding the Backup functions currently + more features. Standby!

The default for FA Editor is already C:/Data/FA. Is your Esys installed in the default install path? Likely that's your issue, if it isn't.

As for Filtering, there is a Toggle Button on bottom right to filter search term based on the "Function Name Only" and "Everything".  In terms of filtering, what would you like to see different or added?

As for the other Minor Issues you are experiencing please check your PM .

We are happy you are Enjoying BU!

If any members of the community have any Suggestions/Ideas for BU , please let us know! We are constantly looking for more ways to improve BU and Love to hear Feedback from our users!
Reputation: +5 - BMWguru23 [+1] , Twointje [+1] , Arual [+1] , jimvou [+1] , TomSab [+1]
Visit this user's website
[+] 22 users say Thank You to Rob@BU for this post
08-04-2022, 19:03 PM,
hello,

I've been using it for over 4 weeks and I'm very satisfied with the tool!

It is always available and there are always updates. Most importantly, it runs without a cloud!

I had a hard drive crash 2 days ago, a new installation was possible without any further ado.

I look forward to more features. I need the complete backup of the vehicle as with esysx.

thx

- FSC Apple CarPlay for NBT Evo Fullscreen and MGU  OEM 
- FSC-Set for Retrofit CiC, NBT and NBT Evo with USB 18-11 or remote
- FSC Kafas BE, BF and 7E SLI, Kafas4 Speedlimit 11F, WWA 13, FCW 13F
- VIM for NBT Evo, install with USB 18-11 or remote
- FSC for BMW Apps, Sirius Radio, EPS 
-------------
Location is Germany
[+] 4 users say Thank You to chang2 for this post
08-04-2022, 19:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2022, 19:56 PM by luntik.)
Hello guys
I'm using the tool for just a few hours and in general it is quite cool
I would like to share my questions and improvement thoughts

1. Please, add an IP bar in DTC Codes and Check FSC sections so I can fill it out manually. I use PC with BU for remote connections only and failed to test DTC Codes and Check FSC features because the tool didn't find the car.

2. Cheat Codes. It's a vital feature for people who code several cars a day. Thank you so much that BU supports the best format that TM has started long time ago.
I would rethink or upgrade the selection GUI of each cheat string. As for now I need to open dropdown menu for each string and choose "On" to toggle the function. If we have just one option it would be better to change dropdown menu to something like checkmark or switch button. Moreover I don't have a refresh button and I have to re-add cafd file to update the info that shows if the cheat string is already on or no as an additional visual check.

3. Dark interface colours are obviously comfy but unfortunately not always. Please, add an ability to switch it to the bright ones.

4. It would be great if some SVT KIS transcripts are added as it was implemented in EsysX Expert. As for now it's is very annoying and time-consuming to compare information from SVT with KIS data manually.
[+] 8 users say Thank You to luntik for this post
08-04-2022, 20:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2022, 20:12 PM by Rob@BU.)
(08-04-2022, 19:03 PM)chang2 Wrote:  hello,

I've been using it for over 4 weeks and I'm very satisfied with the tool!

It is always available and there are always updates. Most importantly, it runs without a cloud!

I had a hard drive crash 2 days ago, a new installation was possible without any further ado.

I look forward to more features. I need the complete backup of the vehicle as with esysx.

thx

Hello,

Thanks for the kind words

Happy to hear you are Satisfied

More features are coming including Enhanced Backups!

(08-04-2022, 19:47 PM)luntik Wrote:  Hello guys
I'm using the tool for just a few hours and in general it is quite cool
I would like to share my questions and improvement thoughts

1. Please, add an IP bar in DTC Codes and Check FSC sections so I can fill it out manually. I use PC with BU for remote connections only and failed to test DTC Codes and Check FSC features because the tool didn't find the car.

2. Cheat Codes. It's a vital feature for people who code several cars a day. Thank you so much that BU supports the best format that TM has started long time ago.
I would rethink or upgrade the selection GUI of each cheat string. As for now I need to open dropdown menu for each string and choose "On" to toggle the function. If we have just one option it would be better to change dropdown menu to something like checkmark or switch button. Moreover I don't have a refresh button and I have to re-add cafd file to update the info that shows if the cheat string is already on or no as an additional visual check.

3. Dark interface colours are obviously comfy but unfortunately not always. Please, add an ability to switch it to the bright ones.

4. It would be great if some SVT KIS transcripts are added as it was implemented in EsysX Expert. As for now it's is very annoying and time-consuming to compare information from SVT with KIS data manually.

Hello!

Thanks so much for your input.

Please ensure that Esys is closed when performing DTC Read/Clear and FSC STATUS. After 5 to 10 seconds ESYS should release the port and it should work perfectly fine. Likely this is the issue. If not , please PM me.

Cheat Codes , Understand completely , less clicks, the better! Noted!

Light Mode / Dark Mode is coming soon smile

Thanks again for your valued feedback.
[+] 8 users say Thank You to Rob@BU for this post
08-04-2022, 23:08 PM,
've been using it for about 3 days now.
To be able to create a CheatCode
It would be appreciated if we could know the address of each parameter.
So far, I'm happy with the functionality!
However, when I delete unnecessary files with CCleaner etc.
I think the authorization is removed.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to take nishi for this post
08-04-2022, 23:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2022, 00:01 AM by Rob@BU.)
(08-04-2022, 23:08 PM)take nishi Wrote:  've been using it for about 3 days now.
To be able to create a CheatCode
It would be appreciated if we could know the address of each parameter.
So far, I'm happy with the functionality!
However, when I delete unnecessary files with CCleaner etc.
I think the authorization is removed.

Their will be a cheat maker integrated within the coming weeks.

Won't need to make the cheat manually, just click the function, choose the param and click "add to cheat".

PM Sent
[+] 6 users say Thank You to Rob@BU for this post
09-04-2022, 01:12 AM,
Looks promising. But I use MAC, so I have to use virtual machine.
To bad there is no support for vm.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Ibrahim24 for this post
09-04-2022, 01:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2022, 06:11 AM by Rob@BU.)
(09-04-2022, 01:12 AM)Ibrahim24 Wrote:  Looks promising. But I use MAC, so I have to use virtual machine.
To bad there is no support for vm.
Hello,

You can use MAC! 

As long as you use Boot Camp (Free) and install Windows 10 on your Mac  ,  you can dual boot from Windows and Mac and it works Seamless!

See attached for a Guide on how to install Boot Camp on your Mac.

Attached Files
mac.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 167 times
Size: 60 bytes

Reputation: +5 - volavka [+2] , al70 [+1] , BMWguru23 [+1] , TomSab [+1]
[+] 5 users say Thank You to Rob@BU for this post
09-04-2022, 05:21 AM,
Should I only use it on one computer per license?

I'm planning to buy a new laptop, so I want to know if it can be used on multiple laptops.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to blackczar for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [MEGA] Any ESYS Editions + PSDZ Full & Lite + ICOM Firmware + MANUALS + TOOLS hashtagmaster 102 34,796 27-03-2024, 05:59 AM
Last Post: hashtagmaster
  I020 esys connection issue mcrussell 6 243 25-03-2024, 23:35 PM
Last Post: vanos
  GenEsys Creator (New Tool FA ESYS) scorpium59 405 29,381 16-03-2024, 21:08 PM
Last Post: scorpium59
  Sharing PSDZdata files between istaP and ESYS BMWlad 23 9,843 16-03-2024, 18:09 PM
Last Post: kuno24
XZBMW How to change VIN code in VCM via Esys? vipsha 5 1,337 14-03-2024, 22:20 PM
Last Post: tcp443
XZBMW xdrive off with esys without error in dash dankocg 11 2,281 14-03-2024, 13:41 PM
Last Post: Adekborys69
  Can you use Esys with Scanmatik 2 Pro vioilio 3 184 12-03-2024, 00:49 AM
Last Post: VroomVroom
  Esys I-Step error adamnewport 10 420 08-03-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Hoborg
XZBMW Update VIN in VCM through esys TIGHTFIN 10 1,158 05-03-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: oros
XZBMW ESys Launcher PRO Setup 2.8.1 fengyonghua21 400 47,133 28-02-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Pommie