1. AutoHex II

2. FemtoEVO

3. AUTO CHIPS

Vxdiag VCX SE for software update
15-02-2020, 10:37 AM,
XZBMW  Vxdiag VCX SE for software update
Hello, I have a Vxdiag VCX SE and I would like to use with ISTA + to update the Ecus of my car.
When I select the ICOM interface I cannot update the software because appear some popups about connection problems that block operation and I cannot update.

When I activate the DoIP switch and I run ISTA+, on the connection list appears ENET connection and ICOM connection as well. If I select ENET instead of ICOM I cannot see the voltage but when I select the software updating folder I can see the ECUs have to be updated.
I didn’t tried the software updates of the modules because I’m worried about the ENET connection with VCX SE. As I saw on some forum discussions, it is not possible update the modules via ISTA+ with Enet connection.
Someone is using VCX SE for programming with ISTA+? If yes, could you please let me know how to configure VCX SE. May I read the voltage?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2020, 11:32 AM,
RE: Vxdiag VCX SE for software update
(15-02-2020, 10:37 AM)giampi.bll Wrote:  Hello, I have a Vxdiag VCX SE and I would like to use with ISTA + to update the Ecus of my car.
When I select the ICOM interface I cannot update the software because appear some popups about connection problems that block operation and I cannot update.

When I activate the DoIP switch and I run ISTA+, on the connection list appears ENET connection and ICOM connection as well. If I select ENET instead of ICOM I cannot see the voltage but when I select the software updating folder I can see the ECUs have to be updated.
I didn’t tried the software updates of the modules because I’m worried about the ENET connection with VCX SE. As I saw on some forum discussions, it is not possible update the modules via ISTA+ with Enet connection.
Someone is using VCX SE for programming with ISTA+? If yes, could you please let me know how to configure VCX SE. May I read the voltage?

I may be wrong but I'm sure with original ICOM when you make the selection for connection it lists ENET under the ICOM connection. I would assume that your interface  is not able to do the job. Under ICOM in your picture you have DCAN KLINE which I believe is not sufficient for F series. You would need to see ENET under the ICOM connection to see the KL15/30. Again, these are assumptions as I don't have or know much about your tool. 

I would update the vehicle with ENET using E-SYS as even with ICOM if you don't have it set with A DHCP server you will not be able to flash KOMBI/HU/AMP.

I don't know much, but if I've helped you're welcome.
biggrin Mercedes SCN Coding €25
clapping BMW ISPI Admin Client License (Contact for info)
mail Contact me for more information
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DayvG for this post:
  • giampi.bll
15-02-2020, 16:17 PM,
RE: Vxdiag VCX SE for software update
Must set interface on ediabas.ini as ENET if not works must use your interface as pastrhru interface and set also on ediabas.ini as passthruD....
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to bmwbmw for this post:
  • giampi.bll

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW Alpina D5 Gearbox Software robka 411 100,318 1 hour ago
Last Post: xxiFear
XSMini R50 steering wheel retrofit and Diagnostic software XuLeTZ 0 49 Yesterday, 11:12 AM
Last Post: XuLeTZ
XZBMW Need Software Clone BMW E/F Scanner V2018.12 evo_pro 10 916 16-02-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: kabbana
  Updated ISTA 4.20.12/21/31 - 4.21.12 /20/32 Installation and update Files duckdonald 86 17,670 04-02-2020, 16:38 PM
Last Post: MaroxiFXX
  [SOLVED] ISTA+ Software update disabled chr 10 621 31-01-2020, 18:01 PM
Last Post: Twointje
  Software backup atiwok 2 218 30-01-2020, 18:13 PM
Last Post: BobbySD
  Solved ✔ cic failed update BobbySD 2 312 27-01-2020, 18:53 PM
Last Post: BobbySD
  Any way to update AOS automatically? bmwcoder75 2 254 24-01-2020, 07:08 AM
Last Post: jaki
XZBMW Question VXDIAG for BMW? snypertje 9 857 21-01-2020, 21:43 PM
Last Post: Dekota28
XSMini Id4 to id5 update works confirmed Dekota28 6 553 17-01-2020, 05:25 AM