Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Flooded BMW F700Gs [restore]
03-05-2022, 21:56 PM,
XZBMW  Flooded BMW F700Gs [restore]
Dear members, 

During the floods of 2021 in wetsern europe my motorbike was completely flooded for a whole night and half a day. Now I try to revive it. I made some good progress and arived now at some major electronic problems. 
BUT on the way to this point I restored a motorcycle whose engine was completely filled with water and debris and now runs most of the time properly but not yet finished.

So if any of you has made a similar experience of flooded motorcycle don't wait to reply. 
I am sure I can help with some questions of what's really useful to do and replace for saving time and money.
Unfortunaly there are a lot of crazy ideas around like changing the tires air... 

Best

Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2022, 08:52 AM,
RE: Flooded BMW F700Gs [restore]
All ECU is water repellent but not waterproof!!!
All ECUNs are pressure "equalizer" which I don't think won't let this water in. sad
Only the EWS is waterproof maybe.

So the KOMBI, BMS.... must be checked or simply change smile
But the BMS and the EWS (SLZ) is together programmed with the key.
Lots of perseverance to it and good luck!

Vojnó
Press Thanks and reputation under if this post helped you. 
09-05-2022, 15:59 PM,
RE: Flooded BMW F700Gs [restore]
(04-05-2022, 08:52 AM)Vojno Wrote:  All ECU is water repellent but not waterproof!!!
All ECUNs are pressure "equalizer" which I don't think won't let this water in.  sad
Only the EWS is waterproof maybe.

So the KOMBI, BMS.... must be checked or simply change  smile
But the BMS and the EWS (SLZ) is together programmed with the key.
Lots of perseverance to it and good luck!
That's right. The ECUs all have pressure equalizer, including the central unit. Actually, they all stayed dry, only the KOMBI was totally oxidised (continuous current). I had it replaced by the official...

Now I try to get ista running, for properly checking the problem of the ignition coils smile