Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

software version on my retrofitted NBT EVO ID6
19-05-2022, 14:29 PM,
XZBMW  software version on my retrofitted NBT EVO ID6
Hello everyone.

I had a retrofit doen on my F10 from NBT to NBTEVO ID6, because this is not the original NBT of my car i cant go to the BMW website to see if the NBT EVO has the latest software installed (like for celphone connection ) .

I took a picture of the software version installed on the NBT EVO 

Can someone help me out to found out if this is the latest softwareand if this is not how can i get the latest software to install?

Thank you

If I help you, please push thanks and reputation.  under
Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2022, 14:56 PM,
RE: software version on my retrofitted NBT EVO ID6
no, it's quite old firmware

now the firmware is 007_xxx_xxx

you can use E-sys to flash the headunit
19-05-2022, 15:00 PM,
007.039.008 is the latest. Yours looks like iLevel from 2018 for patching with usb or for old APIX1 display.

under If my post helped you hit the thanks and reputation button. Thank you. yes

[+] 1 user says Thank You to user_530d for this post
20-05-2022, 10:17 AM,
XZBMW  RE: software version on my retrofitted NBT EVO ID6
(19-05-2022, 15:00 PM)user_530d Wrote:  007.039.008 is the latest. Yours looks like iLevel from 2018 for patching with usb or for old APIX1 display.

Thats correct i think , when the retrofit wa done i kept my original screen from my NBT .I did not feel the need to also upgrade the display because i dont need a touchscreen.

I did not now that the software in my picture is the firmware and was specially flashed . 
I now that when i still had the original NBT  i sometimes whent to the website BMW Software update there i could give in my VIN and then i could see if there was new software for the Idrive , the latest that was out for the original NBT was ( UPD05081.bin ) and that i could just update with a USB stick no flashing.

So i was wandering if i could do this for the retrofitted  NBT EVO i did not now that i need to flash the unit.

20-05-2022, 13:22 PM,
There are 3 things:
1) software for cellphone
2) software for media
3) software for head unit

The first 2 are available at the bmw website.
The last one needs to be done with e-sys or ista.

MGU virgin and patching in Europa.
Secure coding 2.0
Feature installer codes
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Fx82 for this post
20-05-2022, 13:35 PM,
Thank you thats what i wanted to hear ,i just wanted to know how i vcan update the software for cellphone and media because when i go look at the bmw website i have to enter my VIN and then it sais i have the latest software. But that is normazl beacause in my F0 was standard a NBT and this is a retrofitted NBT EVO and with my VIN i cant see if this is the latest cellphone and media software becausez BMW thinks i just have a NBT in my car..
Is ther a way i can check if there is newer cellphone and media software for the NBT EVO without having to go to the BMW website?

20-05-2022, 13:48 PM,
Frankly, I don't understand your problem. These versions are corresponding to phone/media "driver" version. If your phone/media was not supported in older version (like in you could not get contacts or sms to appear in NBT) this update could have added that compatibility. It DOES NOT add new FUNCTIONALITY to NBT. Whether EVO or not.

So do you really need that update? Does your phone/media device not work in your car?

Regarding whether update is available, that was ALREADY ANSWERED in the second post in this thread. That DOES NOT mean, that there exists a separate download to update just these "drivers" without updating the whole unit. IMHO BMW just stopped providing these updates as separate downloads anyway as technologies got more complex and standardized.

These were useful in times when each phone model spoke it's own custom protocol just to access phone book, sms, etc. Nowadays you can get your phone's interactive screen displayed in your car in quite standard manner...
20-05-2022, 13:54 PM,
(20-05-2022, 13:48 PM)Node Wrote:  Frankly, I don't understand your problem. These versions are corresponding to phone/media "driver" version. If your phone/media was not supported in older version (like in you could not get contacts or sms to appear in NBT) this update could have added that compatibility. It DOES NOT add new FUNCTIONALITY to NBT. Whether EVO or not.

So do you really need that update? Does your phone/media device not work in a car?

Regarding whether update is available, that was ALREADY ANSWERED in the second post in this thread. IMHO BMW just stopped providing these updates as separate downloads anyway as technologies got more complex and standardized.

I don’t have a problem I was just Qurius if there was a newer software version for cellphone and Nevis for this retrofitted NBT Evo so I just asked a question there is no need to answer that negative. I thought this forum was to help other and for people like me to learn something.

Sorry I asked this question.

20-05-2022, 14:00 PM,
I answered your question already: "IMHO BMW just stopped providing these updates as separate downloads anyway as technologies got more complex and standardized.".

P.S. Edited the post to be more clear. This sentence added: "That DOES NOT mean, that there exists a separate download to update just these "drivers" without updating the whole unit.".

P.P.S. You could try to enter any VIN of a car which had an EVO from a factory into BMW website and see if you get any newer download. Specific VIN absolutely does not matter here except as a means to identify which HU type was in a car from a factory.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Node for this post
20-05-2022, 14:27 PM,
(20-05-2022, 14:00 PM)Node Wrote:  I answered your question already: "IMHO BMW just stopped providing these updates as separate downloads anyway as technologies got more complex and standardized.".

P.S. Edited the post to be more clear. This sentence added: "That DOES NOT mean, that there exists a separate download to update just these "drivers" without updating the whole unit.".

P.P.S. You could try to enter any VIN of a car which had an EVO from a factory into BMW website and see if you get any newer download. Specific VIN absolutely does not matter here except as a means to identify which HU type was in a car from a factory.

Thank you for this answer , means allot..
How can i find a VIN from a car that had a Evo ID6 build in the car ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  v4.46.11_PSdZData - Full Version - MEGA luntik 3 562 2 hours ago
Last Post: AutoExe3219
  v4.46.51_PSdZData - Full Version - MEGA luntik 3 188 18-04-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: luntik
  v4.46.51_PSdZData - Full Version - Torrent luntik 0 97 17-04-2024, 14:44 PM
XZBMW Alpina D5 Gearbox Software robka 545 148,066 11-04-2024, 05:37 AM
Last Post: user_530d
XZBMW Flash MPPK software 20D B47 (Esys) ruben_17non 5 564 10-04-2024, 21:38 PM
Last Post: ruben_17non
XZBMW PSdZData 4.45.21 Full Version - MEGA charlesjyw 4 1,468 10-04-2024, 20:07 PM
Last Post: B O S S
  v4.46.41_PSdZData - Full Version - MEGA luntik 2 275 05-04-2024, 16:09 PM
Last Post: pupu144
  v4.46.41_PSdZData - Full Version - Torrent luntik 0 175 04-04-2024, 22:27 PM
XSMini Retrofitted EntryNav sometimes doesn't start correctly user0086 4 246 04-04-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Stratofortress
XSMini MINI CIC retrofitted need help with FSC activations hipolitogt 3 139 01-04-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: hipolitogt