Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

ISTA operation plan.
03-08-2022, 06:36 AM,
RE: ISTA operation plan.
(01-08-2022, 19:25 PM) skouk Wrote:  Here is what I get is I change VO to 03/20.

Cluster accepted but…

Altough the only the retrofit i have is the cluster!

That's exactly what will happen.

You won't make it work either. wink

under If my post helped you hit the thanks and reputation button. Thank you. yes

Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to user_530d for this post
04-08-2022, 17:32 PM,
If you want ISTA to work, then don't do custom retrofits. Buy a new car with options desired. If you start doing custom retrofits - forget about using ISTA for flashing. And learn to be very advanced ESys user. It's THAT simple. There is nothing* you can do to make ISTA work guaranteed in this case.

* Well short of backfitting original cluster.

P.S. It could also POTENTIALLY be possible to replace ATM and ZBE3 with newer if you want to spend big bucks on that or know very well how ISTA/ESys determines what to do. Potential problems which come into my mind:
1. check that other modules are coded the same way between these factory iSteps. It could be some changes in wiring happened in between and was solved by different coding of any of remaining units.
2. check that units you want to put into car are compatible with other existing units (need to know HWEL of such unit, edit your SVT and check ESys calculates not HW actions, etc.
3. ATM replacement is involved as you either need to buy new from BMW so they tie new one to you VIN or resolder SIM card from old one.
And probably many more. NOT easy to upgrade whole car for different production date.
06-08-2022, 06:59 AM,
(04-08-2022, 17:32 PM)Node Wrote:  If you want ISTA to work, then don't do custom retrofits. Buy a new car with options desired. If you start doing custom retrofits - forget about using ISTA for flashing. And learn to be very advanced ESys user. It's THAT simple. There is nothing* you can do to make ISTA work guaranteed in this case.

* Well short of backfitting original cluster.

P.S. It could also POTENTIALLY be possible to replace ATM and ZBE3 with newer if you want to spend big bucks on that or know very well how ISTA/ESys determines what to do. Potential problems which come into my mind:
1. check that other modules are coded the same way between these factory iSteps. It could be some changes in wiring happened in between and was solved by different coding of any of remaining units.
2. check that units you want to put into car are compatible with other existing units (need to know HWEL of such unit, edit your SVT and check ESys calculates not HW actions, etc.
3. ATM replacement is involved as you either need to buy new from BMW so they tie new one to you VIN or resolder SIM card from old one.
And probably many more. NOT easy to upgrade whole car for different production date.

Thank you for your detailed answer!
Well,made some search.
Found out that only ATM part number has changed from 2019 to 2022.
If i had i broken ATM for example EPC replaces mine with the new part number which is also the same for 2022 models.
As for ZBE part number are still the same as my car.
I do not know about HWEL.How can i find it?
So if there is only ATM i have to replace i can take the risk and order it for my VIN from BMW.
06-08-2022, 12:15 PM,
I see that you do not understand basic things, so either learn first, do next or don't.

1. As soon as your order of new ATM is processed, your old ATM STOPS WORKING.
2. I doubt ZBE is the same as in your car because in one of your posts ZBE was indicated as different. As branches were collapsed I'm not sure what exactly was wrong, but I think there was HW difference.

Just two things which came into my mind immediately without any thinking.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW ISTA+ 4.47.1x Install Files - MEGA shawnsheridan 10 593 4 hours ago
Last Post: shawnsheridan
XZBMW ISTA 4.46.xx problems and possible solution Sedoy 96 11,039 4 hours ago
Last Post: CATAHA
  ista 4.46 Standalone kiranabc 63 9,202 7 hours ago
Last Post: kiranabc
XZBMW [MEGA] ISTA 4.32 // ISTA-P 3.72 + ALL LOADER up to 6.6 // no license needed hashtagmaster 61 18,219 21-04-2024, 22:17 PM
Last Post: grizzle
XZBMW ISTA SQLiteDBs PL Polish 4.40.12 - 4.40.40 maksymw 3 963 21-04-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: matigdy
XZBMW ISTA Standalone Licenserequest up to v4.37.4x Sedoy 8,702 661,184 21-04-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: Sedoy
XZBMW Update ISTA 4.39.20 SQLiteDBs Italian Language diman64 10 975 20-04-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: elettra19
XZBMW ISTA+ 4.45.3x Install Files - MEGA shawnsheridan 10 2,267 18-04-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: rocdeng
  ISTA Polish SQLiteDBs 4.45.30 PL Thomas77 0 125 17-04-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Thomas77
XZBMW ISTA+ 4.46.5x Install Files - MEGA shawnsheridan 4 938 16-04-2024, 14:31 PM
Last Post: shawnsheridan