Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Solved ✔ G30 ACC retrofit flexray issue SOLVED
19-08-2022, 19:11 PM,
G30 ACC retrofit flexray issue SOLVED
Hi guys, I am making retrofit of ACC in BMW G30 M550i. 
So far I installed:
Front ACC radar
SAS module
All include wiring: ACC - ethernet - SAS - flexray and ethernet - BDC. ACC and SAS are on 1 7,5A fuse F91, clamp 15.
I changed DSC module for a correct one with ACC support and steering wheel buttons for ACC option.

After hardware part the codings came on, I did:
Added 5DF into VO
Coded and programmed DSC, FRR to latest SW to match other units i-level in a car. No problem with appearing in units tree.
I have a problem with SAS module. I can´t see it in a unit tree...
I tried already:
Reset flexray by ISTA
In tool32 I tried: 
steuren_learn_flexray (all flexray ports were open, ista complained about flexray not initialisated) After initialisation still the PFAD 3 was AUS.
steuern_flexray_pfad with 0x03;0x01 command (PFAD 3 was changed to EIN, ista complained about initialisation and still no SAS in esys unit list). But the ACC was working OK!! Until I let the car sleep... (it made propably flexray initialisation and closed the PFAD 3 port).
I tried the SAS unit in another G30 where it was from factory. Unit was correctly shown, so the unit is OK. So I at least coded it with M550i VO with different VIN. With M550i VIN it ended with an error.

I checked the wiring three times maybe. I tried to change flexray and ethernet wires between each other and still no joy with SAS. Only one result was that FRR module stopped to be visible.
I think some comunication between BDC and FRR thru SAS is going on even when I had ACC working for a while. But I need to have something bad with the flexray but I don´t know what and I run out of ideas already...

Car is m550i 2018 G30, imported from US and recoded to EU. Coding to DSC I made with US cartype JB93, codings to FRR, KAFAS4, KOMBI, and BDC I made with JB91 (with custom modifications to BDC because of some US hardware in a car).

FRR have no error in ISTA, same with BDC, only GTW is complaing about the flexray initialisation, when it is not done.

Just for a check I attached BDC 5FA9 NCD file, rest of CAFDs when I compared before 5DF and after had no differences.

Any hits what to try now??? I´ve run of ideas already... Thanks!

Attached Files
CAFD_00005FA9_105_063_021.rar
File Type: .rar
Downloaded: 3 times
Size: 3.78 KB

19-08-2022, 22:35 PM,
RE: G30 ACC retrofit flexray issue
Hi,
maybe I can help you, as I did the retrofit with my former car and was struggeling at the same point - and all info supplied to me was lost at the cartechnology forum crash....

Lets start:
1. Does your BDC have a physical Flexray - What does tool32 print out? Does it look like the screenshot?
2. How did you wire the whole thing? Did you built in the loop (27->24, 28-> 23))? If yes, remove it. Has the SAS Power and Ground?
3. Have you written SVT_Soll to the car? For me this did the trick, as just adding SA was not enough: Go to Esys, Codierung, calculate SVT_Soll, then to VCM, write SVT

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 1 user says Thank You to sguzzel for this post
20-08-2022, 08:21 AM,
Thanks for an answer.
1. check the pictures, first is when I manually opened PFAD 3, second when I made flexray initialisation, third when I read flexray status after initialisation.
2. I wired it like it was in scheme, FRR is comunicating fine. Don´t know if there is just a physical bypass in SAS module for ethernet or BDC comunicates via ethernet to SAS and SAS electronics reproduce the signals to FRR output. I don´t know what look you are talking about. I didn´t find anything in wiring diagrams about this... Yes SAS have power and ground, I tested it already.
3. Yes, I wrote it, yesterday it wasn´t visible but today when I diagnostic the car I could see SAS and SPNMVL (massage driver seat, that is not connected because driver seat is missing this function) in a list.

Going to check the wiring to SAS for a four time again, there must be something...

20-08-2022, 09:57 AM,
Tested power under load to SAS, 21w bulb was shinning.
If I disconnected minus from SAS, front radar is not visible in ISTA tree.
20-08-2022, 10:10 AM,
As sguzzel ALREADY asked you: have you removed wires from BDC's flexray #3 going directly back to BDC flexray termination resistor?
20-08-2022, 10:12 AM,
(20-08-2022, 08:21 AM)mr_nitroz Wrote:  Thanks for an answer.
1. check the pictures, first is when I manually opened PFAD 3, second when I made flexray initialisation, third when I read flexray status after initialisation.
2. I wired it like it was in scheme, FRR is comunicating fine. Don´t know if there is just a physical bypass in SAS module for ethernet or BDC comunicates via ethernet to SAS and SAS electronics reproduce the signals to FRR output. I don´t know what look you are talking about. I didn´t find anything in wiring diagrams about this... Yes SAS have power and ground, I tested it already.
3. Yes, I wrote it, yesterday it wasn´t visible but today when I diagnostic the car I could see SAS and SPNMVL (massage driver seat, that is not connected because driver seat is missing this function) in a list.

Going to check the wiring to SAS for a four time again, there must be something...

sorry maybe some double posts, needed time for writing...

1. looked like mine at that point, bdc is full, I see no problem here. Was there something like Flexray init in Tool32? (beside learn flexray)
2. Ethernet to FRR is just more or less passed through, main communication is via flexray -> If you plug out VCC of SAS and FRR is missing means Power should be at SAS. 
Flexray cable is twisted? Cable & Connection should look like the pictures (BDC Port 8 SAS Connection) & (SAS_Pinout).
When I tried to retrofit SAS I missunderstood TIS and added the Flexray Loop (Loop_wrong & BDC Port 8 Loop Wrong)
3. Did the car sleep or have you disconnected the battery?

[+] 1 user says Thank You to sguzzel for this post
20-08-2022, 10:19 AM,
Open all flexray ports (check if the ports are open after you do it), flexray reset learn, and after that flexray learn with tool32 and post the picture with the result over here.
20-08-2022, 10:43 AM,
BTW there are different BDC variants with different pin numbers for Flexray #3. Which pin numbers you used? And I also will repeat question: did you use properly twisted wires for it???
20-08-2022, 22:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-08-2022, 22:47 PM by DEJMIEN.)
I can make your sas visible on ista / esys and do the appropriate flexray initialization.

(20-08-2022, 10:12 AM)sguzzel Wrote:  
(20-08-2022, 08:21 AM)mr_nitroz Wrote:  Thanks for an answer.

sorry maybe some double posts, needed time for writing...

1. looked like mine at that point, bdc is full, I see no problem here. Was there something like Flexray init in Tool32? (beside learn flexray)
2. Ethernet to FRR is just more or less passed through, main communication is via flexray -> If you plug out VCC of SAS and FRR is missing means Power should be at SAS. 
Flexray cable is twisted? Cable & Connection should look like the pictures (BDC Port 8 SAS Connection) & (SAS_Pinout).
When I tried to retrofit SAS I missunderstood TIS and added the Flexray Loop (Loop_wrong & BDC Port 8 Loop Wrong)
3. Did the car sleep or have you disconnected the battery?

Flexray loop is not important in this case, I have never done it on an acc retrofit and it always works like a chram.

• EGS7/7DCT300 ISN RESET REMOTE •
• KaFAS4 (MID/HIGH) MRR, RAM VIRGIN REMOTE •
• NBTevo/ENTRYNAV2/MGU VIRGIN/PATCH •
• HDD -> SSD NBT/NBTevo/MGU
• CARPLAY NBTevo/EN2/MGU •
• FULL FSC PATCH/RETROFIT CIC, EN2,NBT, NBT2, MGU, •
• REMOVE CP --> NBTEVO ID4&6/Entrynav2/MGU •
UK BASED!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to DEJMIEN for this post
22-08-2022, 09:12 AM,
I did not add any loop at all to BDC unit. Just connected flexray 3 to pins 9 and 10 like is in wiring diagram. Just for test I tried to connect the loop but nothing changed.

Yes all bus cables are twisted.

I´ve checked the pinouts of SAS and BDC 8th connectors and all is like on sguzzel pictures...

I tried to measure connection between BDC and SAS and all good.

Sabinglig: In attachment are the pics. I openned all flexray, all were open - 1st pic. Learing flexray 2nd pic. After learning flexray 3th pic.

Dejmien: If you are available for a remote check, it will be great. Just please contact me privatelly. I will send you my whatsapp or skype or email to PM.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  G82 rear tail lights CSL retrofit Sauron 9 625 3 hours ago
Last Post: juo
  Kafas issue aftrer ACC Retrofit It3_Magic 12 321 17-04-2024, 15:07 PM
Last Post: user_530d
XZBMW Neck warmer retrofit Just2fast5 5 337 17-04-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Spirit5676
  TMS FRM3 F10 Coding issue mj_mj_mj 17 1,896 16-04-2024, 09:30 AM
Last Post: user_530d
  ID4 evo to ID6 Evo full retrofit, ATM issues 03178A mitch32 1 145 15-04-2024, 17:52 PM
Last Post: mitch32
  Bmw G31 retrofit Mgu id7 atm problem intranet 19 2,267 15-04-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: evaldazj
XZBMW BMW E84 Cruise control retrofit not workig Alyn546 4 207 12-04-2024, 14:23 PM
Last Post: DieStream
  F10 FLA retrofit beng2k 30 995 11-04-2024, 18:43 PM
Last Post: beng2k
XZBMW BMW f20 KOMBI2 retrofit bm92 15 467 10-04-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: bm92
XZBMW BMW G32 6 GT - Central Lock Issue DaBotta 3 182 06-04-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Volum