Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Unable to download secure token
28-08-2022, 17:14 PM,
Unable to download secure token
So when I get this message unable to download secure token in ista for my iX3.
Can I :
1. still code modules
2. Still program modules
3. None of the above

Thanks in advance

Don't forget to press [Image: thanks.gif] and [Image: postbit_reputation.gif], if my post helped you.
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2022, 18:09 PM,
RE: Unable to download secure token
Really. No one. That can help?

Don't forget to press [Image: thanks.gif] and [Image: postbit_reputation.gif], if my post helped you.
Visit this user's website
30-08-2022, 18:49 PM,
To program I20 you need to have AOS account or work for BMW dealer.

Here is from the Note:

What's New - Secure Communication

With the introduction of I-stages{22-07-5xx} and following, secure onboard communication is activated by ISTA on the I20 and
U06 vehicles.
This is intended to prevent manipulation during communication between the control units in the vehicle.
The correct ECU validation of the ECUs is a prerequisite for secure onboard communication.
For troubleshooting, the corresponding fault memory entries regarding IPSec and SecOC must be observed.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to 2013m5 for this post
31-08-2022, 20:37 PM,
Here my findings about security token not on a ix3, but on a G80 M3 5/2022.

First the short answer.
1. still code modules (YES, but no coding of secured ECUs)
2. Still program modules (YES, but no coding of secured ECUs)
3. None of the above (you can still code some ECUs, also program them)

Here some more details on my tests with the M3:

I've got the security token warning during readout with ISTA. After ignoring the warning I could do a full diagnostics but I also wanted to start an i-step update.

This istep update with ISTA did not work (it did not start, because of the secure token).
So I tried a bit to find out, which ECU was relevant for the error msg.

On the M3 it was the VTG ECU (it was named not VTG, but had an other name on the M3, but I'm sitting on my other laptop at the moment, I can check the correct name tomorrow - To find out which ECUs are secured, you can of course try to program only one single ECU and then wait until one ECU will not work, or you read it out with esys).

If I deselected the Verteilergetriebe I was able to update all other ECUs. Also the complete coding of all ECUs did not work for me, only if I deselect the secured ECU. Also for "Gesamtkodierung" I had to deselect the secured ECU.

Everything else worked for this test. After all the tests I wanted to bring the m3 to a complete I-Step update and I wanted to complete a full reprogramming of all ECUs (also for the VTG). For this I wanted use an official AIR/ASO account. But there I've got older software as on my ISTA installation, so I had to wait some days until I could update the complete car.

So it could be possible that you can program or code some of your ECUs with ISTA, but there will be ECUs without coding possibility (with an offline ISTA installation) at the moment.

On a iX I've read out a few months ago, I guess the following ECUs are secured (most of the electric powertrain ECUs - HVS, CCU and I guess but I*m not 100% sure, if also the electric engines were secured (TEE and TEE2), I will also check my logs tomorrow and update the post then.
[+] 3 users say Thank You to donke for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW Unlimite Download from Mega without Waiting Time budddyyy 10 926 13-04-2024, 17:22 PM
Last Post: Homersbud
  psdzdata 4.10.21 download santopalermo 1 456 13-04-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: adiks7
  Some news, secure coding coming to new bikes :/ Node 8 1,108 25-03-2024, 15:13 PM
Last Post: RuleNormaliai
  Looking for a car which has secure coding to program Fx82 0 225 18-03-2024, 22:57 PM
Last Post: Fx82
XZBMW ISTA D - identification possible, unable to get status of each module thedafeet 6 281 04-03-2024, 15:25 PM
Last Post: thedafeet
  Secure coding and fscs bmwlover 3 646 26-02-2024, 20:02 PM
Last Post: bmwlover
XZBMW BMW master tools V2.4 download alsamaraee 13 3,553 10-01-2024, 18:14 PM
Last Post: knarrenheinz
  Help G70: ISTA AOS -The automatic Secure Token request failed DarkSide 10 943 07-01-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: DarkSide
  Is there any tool for secure coding? bmwlover 27 3,914 08-12-2023, 23:51 PM
Last Post: BugFix
  Secure coding in BMWs (unit list) Node 82 14,103 06-11-2023, 16:04 PM
Last Post: Node