Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

E60 LCI evo + poor dab+ reception
29-09-2022, 21:22 PM,
E60 LCI evo + poor dab+ reception
In an E60 LCI which has a retrofitted NBT Evo all works good but the dab+ reception is poor.
The antenna for the dabIII band is in the rear window which this E60 has and it also uses the original dab diversity antenna. See attachment.
From the dab diversity antenna the yellow plug goes directly to the Evo unit.

This type of dab diversity antenna isn't suitable for use with Evo unit.
The main question is what and how to install to get a strong dab+ signal?

p/n: 6520 6946409

MGU virgin and patching in Europa.
Secure coding 2.0
Feature installer codes
Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2022, 22:59 PM,
RE: E60 LCI evo + poor dab+ reception
Why only one antenna cable out of this? IMHO DAB antenna amplifiers on E60 had two antenna cables out. What part # is that? Totally unreadable from crap pic.
30-09-2022, 06:31 AM,
maybe you are thinking at the e60 diversity with TV outputs...............that is the one with two cables out
30-09-2022, 15:56 PM,
(29-09-2022, 22:59 PM)Node Wrote:  Why only one antenna cable out of this? IMHO DAB antenna amplifiers on E60 had two antenna cables out. What part # is that? Totally unreadable from crap pic.

The p/n is: 6520 6946409

There are 2 outputs for dab:
1x green
1x yellow

I only need the yellow one because on the green one there is nothing being broadcasted on in Europe.
Car is in Europe which has only dab+

If I compare it with an E90 dab antenna diversity there is a plus wire on the diversity.
The E60 dab antenna diversity has no plus wire on it only dab connection and ground.

Secure coding 2.0
Feature installer codes
30-09-2022, 17:30 PM,
I use this antenna in E90 for Europe and no problem!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.:: Take your fingers out of the... and Rep +Thanks, it's not difficult ::.
VIN MAGIC PRO Beta Test Youtube

FeatureCode Carplay
Ilean Offline Licence
SSD Creator Licence
GenEsys Creator Licence
30-09-2022, 17:59 PM,
XZBMW  RE: E60 LCI evo + poor dab+ reception
Hi not related, but I had issues after installing LED Rear Lights on my F33.

UK DAB Reception was really poor/intermittent on my convertible, had to clip ferrite rings over each Rear light Cable loom

Now no issues!!

30-09-2022, 20:29 PM,
I tried an after market antenna but it is even more worse.
Car has OEM windows.

Secure coding 2.0
Feature installer codes
02-10-2022, 11:38 AM,
I need a powered diversity antenna.

Secure coding 2.0
Feature installer codes
02-10-2022, 17:39 PM,
Does car have optioncode 356 front window? If so aftermarket antenna won’t work due to the extra foil in between glass layers of front window. Also the copper strip on these aftermarket antennas need to be glued or sticked on clean bare metal for best reception.

E90 has combined rear antenna remote control and radio if I’m correct please correct me if I’m wrong! That’s reason it has power.

Also from what I’ve seen dab antennas don’t need power, see wiring diagram for g30 for example.

From my experience dab antennas from Exx has lower quality hardware compared to Gxx. If I put 2 cars next to each other 1 Exx and 1 Gxx both with oem dab the Gxx will have better reception than the Exx. This is probably caused by 2 options(duh). Evo has better antenna hardware inside and the diversity is also better. Not sure how the dab antenna on e60 is connected to the rear window but maybe you can tweak Gxx diversity to fit your rear window?

Also where did you lay down the antenna wire? Are there any big positive wires near it? Usually it shouldn’t matter but there are some cases it does interfere picky radio signals like dab
02-10-2022, 19:03 PM,
Hi, got nearly the same thing. Also do an retrofit with EVO ID6, the DAB reception is nearly ok. So means not so good when a compare with originally installation from a F3x.

Could be better, i use a diversity from G30, connected the antenna to the Rear window, also try all possibility. Like i say is ok but could be better.

Think about to install a second Antenne behind the rear bumper from the F33.

See YA  hi

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW Poor wifi signal from new ICOM's bmchicago 3 339 12-04-2024, 18:55 PM
Last Post: Node
  F10 NBT retrofit Poor FM Reception solution? 840i 16 7,709 16-07-2018, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Jartsa
  BMW X6 poor package? bmwlover 16 2,983 15-07-2017, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Zbichu