Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

F06 adaptive headlight TMS problem
10-11-2022, 22:00 PM,
F06 adaptive headlight TMS problem
Hi car is 06.2014 usa original equipped with 552 adaptive led headlights.
After accident right headlight damaged and missing left is from factory but has ugly lens.
Costumer buy two pre lci ece headlights with all modules in ista i have 3 errors communication with lhl and tms left and tms right.

Lhm modules looks used with ece marks both tms looks like new 
Led light working but Rings and turn signals not working also have adaptive headlight malfunction and headlight vertical aim malfunction on dash

wiring looks ok i have 14v on 9 pin 10v on 10 pin thats lin bus and good ground on pin 11 on both headlights no corrosion on plugs ant tms connectors 

after coding frm with ece typeschlussel still errors and no communication i swap old usa headlight to car and have all functions and communication fault only on right side
i change lhm and tms form usa lamp to ece left still errors on right side
i change lhm and tms to right lamp and still errors on right side and left side says its ok even when there is no left headlight connected to car and when use left indicator right lamp flashing
try coding frm to usa and ece many times after each coding initialisation with ista but still no luck 
changing tms from usa and 2 new no luck disconnecting lhm no luck disconnecting cornering light also no co communication

on saturday i check lin bus with scope but i think it be good signal 
stupid tms dont show on esys because its pre lci and i dont now its coded to car or not
with disassembling bumper and lamps i spend 5h on this and hit dead end 
frm faulty? no signal on right lin bus?
frm flash?  tms is to new?
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2022, 09:14 AM,
RE: F06 adaptive headlight TMS problem
If you have one constellation "working" on one side, then I would try to connect this working headlight to the other side. If still not working you have an issue with wiring or with FRM.

For example: if the one headlight equipped with US-parts is working, connect it to other side. If it works, your wiring, FRM and modules are ok. And then I would play around with the ECE parts

I would flash the FRM to latest I-Level...

.:: Thanks+Rep doesn´t kill anybody  happy ::.
11-11-2022, 10:46 AM,
Left USA lamp with USA modules work on both sides of car but always communication problem say it's right tms 
After initialisation I had error that says communication problem with tms and start troubleshooting this first a then I see that left lhm and tms it's ok but right lhm not ok tms not ok this is happening even when no left headlight is connected and on right side I have USA lamp with USA modules that working and they coded to left side and no TMS coded to right side

Right Lin signal     

Left Lin signal     

TMS left is from car 2 two on right are from ece headlights slightly different I think from AliExpress

11-11-2022, 11:20 AM,
"Left USA lamp with USA modules work on both sides of car but always communication problem say it's right tms"

Left US-headlight on left side - all ok
Left US-headlight on RIGHT side - communication error with TMS?

Check the part numbers for ECE and US for TMS and other modules...maybe different HW?

.:: Thanks+Rep doesn´t kill anybody  happy ::.
11-11-2022, 11:33 AM,
Left USA lamp on right side still same error but on left side there is nothing connected and that's weird but ista always show left ok right not ok numbers on TMS housing are the same but on not working I see there is no one resistor one capacitor in up left corner see picture I place blue dot and possible that another components on back side of tms

new tms, but old have exactly same numbers
15-11-2022, 17:20 PM,
I buy used TMS with all components in left up corner and still same no communication. I check voltages on when lamps are working on tms left and right and they are the same. Even when I swap lamps ant try initialisation error is still is in right TMS. Supply gorund and communication wires are ok. What in missing ?
16-11-2022, 11:54 AM,
Check if headlight is usa or europe i got same with 2017 F06 M6 costumer change right headlight as Europe VO code both as Europe spec work is done
Pm if you need help
16-11-2022, 15:23 PM,
2017 it's LCI model complete different headlight they have fle modules instead of TMS and lhm module and have can communication I tried coding to ece and USA but no success

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW NBT EVO Connected Drive problem after update I-Level SkeYT 47 4,678 22-04-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: kwat
  Bmw G31 retrofit Mgu id7 atm problem intranet 19 2,305 15-04-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: evaldazj
  F10 Headlight Test Platform DaBotta 1 198 04-04-2024, 21:11 PM
Last Post: DaBotta
  BMW E60 coding problem GarageX 8 353 02-04-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: GarageX
XZBMW AHL, LWR faulty after headlight replacement on F36 thedafeet 9 236 01-04-2024, 05:03 AM
Last Post: qbek90
  G20 basic LED to adaptive LED Spirit5676 5 229 30-03-2024, 17:22 PM
Last Post: Spirit5676
XZBMW Bmw 5,f10 radio problem RobertRexhaj 3 154 28-03-2024, 18:47 PM
Last Post: Unspec
  ISTA launcher problem Red_bean_bun 1 259 26-03-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: 2013m5
  Dme Cas synchronization Problem donjuan020 3 267 25-03-2024, 21:55 PM
Last Post: BmwMerc
  E60 pre LCI, wiring in adaptive xenon to xenon loom GoNz0- 5 189 24-03-2024, 23:27 PM
Last Post: NeRkO20