Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

MMI 3G very NICE BRICK
21-12-2022, 20:00 PM,
RE: MMI 3G very NICE BRICK
If I found someone from my country who wants to help me, I would greatly appreciate it; Oh well, any post where it is explained how to solve this problem.
Thank you all very much for your collaboration.
Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2022, 00:31 AM,
You need some stuff, to connect to a unit on a table or in the car. When working in the car, it can be hard, so always solder long cables. Still there could be a problem with the V850 Chip. There where some direct connectors with direct edge connector from a russian guy with a UART Adapter on it, sold on a marketplace, but this was long ago. 

Search for a manual from Keldo Gliana - you can find it on Google when you search "Brick RNS850.pdf"
There are pictures in the manual, how to solder cables and connect to the unit and how you have to make the switch, to trigger ipl mode. When on IPL, you can boot ifs-emg 1c0000, then you can try to delete FPGA and IFS-Root Headers to start EmergencyUpdate. Or you flash the images manually with flashit, but when something goes wrong, you will end up with a not working unit. Always check, that you dont create shorts while soldering, and at the end, don't rip off the cables. desolder it cleanly or let them stay inside for future programming. 

Then there could still be a problem with the V850 Chip. Keldo states, that he has "special scripts" for this, but still gives information about the flashing. I never needed it, and i dont have it. But why should he have special scripts, when the command he wrote looks easy? When you kill the V850 Chip here, then it has to be removed. to remove the chip you need special solder tools, and a programmer which can read and write the Chip.

If my answer helped to fix anything, then don't forget to give me some rep please! 
[+] 3 users say Thank You to PopDog for this post
23-12-2022, 08:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 23-12-2022, 08:54 AM by Peterwall.)
It is possible to adapt/change an MMI 3G+ navigator for the MMI 3G...???

I have the Keldo manual, the biggest problem I find is connecting the MMI with putty, via UART USB port with FT232RL
24-12-2022, 19:03 PM,
I have the possibility to install an MMI 3G+.
Can it be installed instead of the MMI 3G without making any further changes???
24-12-2022, 19:53 PM,
No, control panel is different and some more details. Just have your original fixed man, you are only making it worse now.

[+] 1 user says Thank You to DukeFawks for this post
24-12-2022, 21:21 PM,
Ok.
Thank and Merry Christmas
25-12-2022, 06:41 AM,
(24-12-2022, 19:03 PM)Peterwall Wrote:  I have the possibility to install an MMI 3G+.
Can it be installed instead of the MMI 3G without making any further changes???

Yes, swap is easy, few coding changes, as those 3g+ units does not cost much, perfect possibilities to upgrade to 3g+
28-12-2022, 21:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 28-12-2022, 21:53 PM by PopDog.)
It depends on the Car, but i retrofitted 3GP from A8 4H with Software switch and MU Number Change to Q7 4L, put Parameters, change Menu pictures to Audi A6 4G, change coding to lower speed connection of Control Panel and put it in Audi A6 4F Facelift from 2008 with 3G old Control Panel. Only thing i had to do was to flash the can Gateway to newest Version. Even component Protection remove over online Connection was possible and for maps activation you can take the activator. So it is possible with a little work to put 3GP in Cars which had this Unit.

There is some infos on a german Blog (can use Google translator) maybe still online mycarfreak blogspot how to Change Control Panel speed

If my answer helped to fix anything, then don't forget to give me some rep please! 
29-12-2022, 04:32 AM,
(28-12-2022, 21:51 PM)PopDog Wrote:  It depends on the Car

OP has A5, so less work then A8 unit to Q7.