Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

X-Horse m-vci Firmware
22-05-2015, 08:04 AM,
X-Horse m-vci Firmware
Hello,
My X-Horse 3 in 1 m-vci scanner comes with latest firmware 1.4.8. This scanner is for Toyota Volvo Honda (and Lexus).

There is another X-horse m-vci scanner for toyota whose latest has firmware 2.04 and 2.0.5 with K-Line protocol support and vista x32 and x64 support. Can read all ecus and perform tests.

Does anyone know if the X-horse 3 in 1 firmware 1.4.8 is similar to 2.0.4 or 2.0.5 with K-Line protocol support? Thanks.

Also by seeing their boards I would say that their firmwares are not compatible so please if someone says he will update the 3 in 1 m-vci scanner with the 2.0.5 firmware (or 2.0.1 which I have seen in the internet) it will be bricked, as many have already bricked their 3 in 1 x-horses, so becareful.

If you find the 2.0.5 firmware for the toyota scanner you can upload it here. It comes either in x32 or x64 support but I dont think it comes with both. So it should be 2 firmwares.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If you like my post press [Image: postbit_thx.gif] If my post has resolved your issue press [Image: postbit_reputation.gif]

Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users say Thank You to apoelistas for this post
25-05-2015, 17:00 PM,
RE: X-Horse m-vci Firmware
Here try this firmwares

Attached Files
firmware.rar
File Type: .rar
Downloaded: 1,374 times
Size: 157.26 KB

[+] 42 users say Thank You to dimitar for this post
25-05-2015, 17:17 PM,
Do you have maybe 1.4.8 firmware ?

Thanks
25-05-2015, 20:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-05-2015, 04:34 AM by apoelistas.)
(25-05-2015, 17:00 PM)dimitar Wrote:  Here try this firmwares

Thanks
Sir any luck with firmware 2.0.5 as seen in youtube by CarCodeReaders.co.uk, or with firmware 2.0.4 sold by some Chinese sellers?

2.0.1 has failed many x-horse firmware updates, bricked their scanner, and the previous firmwares are older than mine. Thanks

Is there a way to save the fimrware on my x-horse first which is 1.4.8 before upgrading?

If you like my post press [Image: postbit_thx.gif] If my post has resolved your issue press [Image: postbit_reputation.gif]

[+] 1 user says Thank You to apoelistas for this post
27-05-2015, 09:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 27-05-2015, 09:53 AM by Acent.)
(25-05-2015, 17:00 PM)dimitar Wrote:  Here try this firmwares

Your file is empty, please resend.
28-05-2015, 09:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 29-05-2015, 07:04 AM by apoelistas.)
I did download it smile The guy who has given it at another site TizWaz has given a PHOTO OF THE Xhorse 3 in 1 which this firmware applies to. It is applied to THE FAKE XHORSE because the cable is removable (usb). So I dont recomend that you use it on original X-horse 3in1 because it has different board thus also a firmware. Use it at your own risk. My opinion is if it is not broken dont fix it. Firmware 1.4.8 should be good but I have not tested it yet. GHowever another chinese supplier is selling the same Xhorse 3 in 1 I have, (which is supposed to be the original Chinese Xhorse) with firmware 2.0.4 (but I dont believe him, I think it is the Xhorse for toyota which is a different scanner). So I am confused. Maybe this firmware applies to the original 3in1 xhorse. We need Dimitar to expalin. Can you please advice Dimitar?????

Also the X-horse manufacturer website (www.x-horses.com) is not existent. It is for sale. Maybe all our X-horse scanners are a very old stock. That is the reason that online firmare update does not work. I tried wayback machine but no luck in getting the firmwares. I only found at their websiste, through the wayback machine, the "VAG KM & IMO V1.8 beta.exe" XHORSE software which uses latest firmware 2.0.6 (I donwloaded the program opened it and said latest firmare 2.0.6) but it is only applicable to VW/Audi Cars.

https://web.archive.org/web/201307191514...orses.com/

I can send you the MVCI001200250_2.0.1.mfu fimrware if your scanner is bricked. There is a small possibility that the firmware is for the original Xhorse.

The firmware could also had its name changed. The attached firmware was version 2.0.1 but could also be a 2.0.5 or another version and someone has renamed it. I think that the flash has to be performed with either the original file name or your scanners firmware name. I dont know I am just guessing because I have read many with failures on another site supplied by someone called TizWaz (2.0.1 firmware). I have not tried it yet. I also tried to hex edit to see if there is a firmware name but there isnt.

For example the original firmware for 2.0.5 is : MVCI001000250_2.0.5 (as seen in youtube firmware x-horse update by carcodereaders.co.uk who dont want to share)
So if you have bricked your scanner try the above name or
or as a second option try your firmwares name_2.0.5 as read from the mvci firmware update tool.

Also try with original name and hope that the firmware is correct and will update correctly.

Also be sure that you use the firmware update tool 1.4.8 only.

Please keep us posted and let us know of the actual firmware that the firmare update gives on your firmware mvci update tool is it 2.0.1??????

If any finds the last versions for the original X-horse 3 in 1

and 2.0.6 please let us know.

The chinese seller (ZLS Tech Auto Diagnostic Tool Supplier) and his supplier are refusing to send me the latest firmware. That is to say they dont support their products, which is a bad marketing and bad client attitude and bad customer service. I have firmware 1.4.8 (xhorse mvci 3in1 Device SN MVCI001004696).

http://www.auobd2.com/mvci-toyota-tis-ho...e-341.html
The seller auobd2 has said that his xhorse firmware is 2.0.4 and is the original 3 in 1 xhorse. He has also sent me a picture to confirm the firmware version 2.0.4.

The firmwares name that was attached to this thread was MVCI001200250_2.0.1.mfu. Use it at your own risk unless you have the fake usb Xhorse which might be a good idead to get more capabilities out if it.

24-06-2015, 11:18 AM,
Http://myvipprogrammer.jigsy.com/entries...7-8-64-bit-

I followed the above thread in to how to install the 1.4.8 mvci driver to VISTA x 64 by extrating the msi drver to a folder using the dos command. Then connected the xhorse 3 in 1 and was enabled. I went to the extraction folder and selected the FirmwareUpdateTool.exe/

I did device information and it gives me 1.4.8.

When doing online update it is detected and gives me the following firmware:
1.4.7: 2010-09-05
1.4.3: 2010-07-26
1.4.2: 2010-07-19
1.3.9: 2010-06-10

I dont know why it displays up to 1.4.7 and not 1.4.8

The description for 1.4.7 is the followin:
1. Fix bug of CAN filter settings.
2. Fix the problem that some customization features of Toyota TIS cann't enter. star
3. Optimization Toyota TIS connection speed. star

star Need to use with the 1.4.6 version of the driver to be effective.

So the online firmware update tool works this way.

I hope that you have your X-horse 3in1 fixed with firmware 1.4.7 downloaded from the Xhorse server.

You can also send a message to the x-horse administrator as it now works.
Good luck.

I believe that firmware version 2.0.4 is not for the original 3 in 1 x-horse. Latest is 1.4.7 as given from the server but mine is 1.4.8 but I have no clue why.

Version 1.4.8 Xhorse 3in1 works fine with HDS diagnosis. But the problem is that it cannot read the modules if they need a firmware update or not. So the CM update (ECU Rewrite) does not work with XHorse just the Honda Diagnostic System.

However I have found a solution. The X-Horse can work as a passthrough (passthru) device in windows XP only (due to the absence of windows x64 drivers though I have not tested vista x32). So download the free Honda Pass-Thru Reprogramming (J2534) software from http://aftermarket.ahmhds.com/J2534_Dist.exe. Latest version is 4.9.

So you can still update Honda Control Module firmwarers with X-horse as a pass through device and Honda J2534 Reprogramming Software. Note Select GNA600 and your region.

New info.
I have managed to produce a hack registry and installation hack in order for the xhorse to be recognised as a separate device (not as gna600) and to install in x64 environment.It works with newest HDS software and does calibrations too. I have not tested immo programming yet. When I am back from holidays I will post my findings.I am using x-horse firmware version 1.4.8 and drivers 1.4.8 (hacked installation).

16-10-2015, 03:56 AM,
Apoelistas still on vacation?????

I had Xhorse create the 3-1 cable years ago. At the time I was plaining on xhorse to support new firmware & drivers for new os releases. Since I finally need to chage ATF in Tundra. I need a get a cable that could read the temp. I now have Xhorse 3-1 firmware 1.4.8. I have tested TIS v8.30.023 threw v10.10.018 on XP SP3 x32, Win 7 Enterprise x64, Server 2012 R2 Datacenter x64. I tested drivers MVCI Driver for TOYOTA-CABLE 1.4.8, MVCI Driver for TOYOTA-CABLE 2.0.1, FTDI CDM v2.12.06 WHQL Certified. I got TOYOTA-CABLE 1.4.8 & MVCI Driver for TOYOTA-CABLE 2.0.1 to load on XP although it will not load on win 7 or higher. The FTDI CDM v2.12.06 WHQL Certified will install USB serial converter & com port on XP-Win 8.1 architecture. although it is missing MVCI32.dll which mvci-x64.reg points to. If you delete the reg keys HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PassThruSupport.04.04\ folders & leave XHorse - MVCI folder it forces VIM to select XHorse as main device. (like in XP it stays on VIM you selected) I am going to test the drivers I got today to verify if matched firmware / drivers works on the above OSs. After retesting 1.4.8 if it fails going to test 1.4.7 then 1.4.6.

I would like to know it anyone has used firmware 2.0.1 on original xhorse 3-1 successfully.
16-10-2015, 08:54 AM,
If you use above 1.4.8 you risk your tool .

at 1.4.8 china produced the clone, 1.4.8 should work well with most things, there no real reason to upgrade unless you sell it and want the highest numbers

ALL THIS IS WHY WEBSITE IS FOR SELL, China closed the business sad

IIRC , X-hose genuine last firmware was 1.4.7

It is o.k cheap tool for some guy at home to fix is old cars , if you want more coverage buy a better j2534 tool .

for example for clone vcmii work with more things , cover way more protocol and firmware is 2104 /.
28-10-2015, 00:37 AM,
Do you have firmware serial number MVCI006000001 1.4.1 ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  X-horse x64 bit registry apoelistas 3 2,457 07-02-2017, 05:00 AM
Last Post: pshoey