Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

ICOM Next How to Hardware reset (correct bin file ?)
19-01-2023, 21:41 PM,
RE: ICOM Next How to Hardware reset (correct bin file ?)
i diag and flash too some time, ista D, ista P, ncespert, inpa wifpk etc

the default setting one will be the good one ?

CATHA explain to do this :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1)Create file name "user.settings"

2)Edit file "user.settings" with Notepad++/Notepad
ConnectionMode = STATIC_IP
Ip = 192.168.68.85
Netmask = 255.255.255.0
Gateway = 192.168.68.99

3)Copy "user.settings" to Restore USB along with "ICOM_Restore_FILE"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is what i should do to have the right sttings as a New factory default icom Next ? is any other setting i should do on this file or after i flash all like going manualy on the ip adress of the icom next and do some settings ?

i cant set the icom next to work in wifi (without ethernet cable) if im not using an wifi router right ?
Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2023, 05:51 AM,
i should create and put those information in the user.settings right ? ^^
26-01-2023, 16:22 PM,
(22-01-2023, 05:51 AM)Fraizer Wrote:  i should create and put those information in the user.settings right ? ^^

You don't have to but it makes life easy when you have "use.settings" file
Because after everything is done(flashing) you can connect and check if everything went good or BAD

If any of my posts or current one helps then don't forget to press thanks and add a reputation thankyou
Visit this user's website
[+] 1 user says Thank You to CATAHA for this post
30-01-2023, 00:49 AM,
hi CATAHA

if i dont put this fle it mean i have to set all manualy ?
31-01-2023, 17:32 PM,
1GM  RE: ICOM Next How to Hardware reset (correct bin file ?)
(30-01-2023, 00:49 AM)Fraizer Wrote:  hi CATAHA

if i dont put this fle it mean i have to set all manualy ?

Either / or
ICOM Assigns automatically(if Clone one ip address, if Original another ip address) or activates DHCP

If any of my posts or current one helps then don't forget to press thanks and add a reputation thankyou
Visit this user's website
19-05-2023, 03:19 AM,
(08-01-2023, 15:08 PM)Node Wrote:  There is NO bin file for Next. If your ICOM works (at least responds on the network), then THERE IS NO POINT to do factory reset!!! Just do NORMAL firmware upgrade using ISTA (or it's web page if you like wasting time).

The ONLY reason to perform emergency firmware restore on Next is when ALL its LEDs remain RED for MORE than 10 minutes after power is supplied to it. And the results is more or less THE SAME as update using other means.

In such a case you can do the following:
1. ALL of the following prerequisites MUST be satisfied:
1.1. You require a USB 2 or 3 flash drive. (USB 1.x flash drives are not supported).
1.2. The USB flash drive must be formatted with a FAT32 file system.
1.3. A minimum of 60 MByte free space is required on the USB flash drive.

2. Prepare ICOM next restore image:
2.1. Copy ICOM_Next-rootfs-xxxxxx.tar.gz AND ICOM_Next-app-xxxxxx.tar.gz to the root directory of the USB flash drive. (These can be found in C:\ProgramData\BMW\ISPI\data\TRIC\ICOMNext\ICOM-Image-xx-xx-xx after ICOM Next firmware package is installed).
2.2. Disconnect the ICOM Next from the power supply.
2.3. Plug the USB flash drive into the ICOM NEXT.

3. Perform following procedure with ICOM NEXT:
3.1. Press and hold the button pressed on the ICOM Next and connect the ICOM NEXT to the power (i.e. OBD II jack of a vehicle). The ICOM NEXT starts with all LEDs glowing red. The LEDs stay red; some may flicker orange/yellow.
3.2. Keep the button pressed. After about 4 seconds, all LEDs turn orange/yellow and glow in the same colour.
3.3. Release the button and then press it three times within five seconds. The LEDs glow or flash red and orange/yellow again.
3.4. Wait: This procedure may take several minutes. Do not disconnect the ICOM NEXT as long as ANY LED glows red.

4. After about 5 minutes the SYSTEM LED turns green again. The ICOM NEXT has been updated and is ready for use.

Notes:
A. The "restore.log" file is created in the root folder of the USB stick.
B. All previous settings are lost during the update. If there is a "user.settings" file on the USB flash drive, it will be applied after the firmware update.

(08-01-2023, 18:02 PM)2013m5 Wrote:  The iCOM Next factory reset next to USB port.

Hi node i finaly get the time to rest my original ICOM Next.

your steps was more than perfect and help me to factory update my ICOM.

you dont remember about the reset button if near usb or near OBD. the right one is near obd who need just a finger to push on it ^^ Hope it will help others...

regarding my problem who dont make work the ICOM next at the first plug look is till now here.

i add some pictures of the settings maybe you can at least optimize my settings.. (i use the icom direct lan plug on 2 differents computers. i dont have a lan or wifi network. maybe that can fix the problem who know.
i add too the begging of the restore.log and the end. all the lines are 0%... i dont get why i fault it will be like different % with a 100%...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

09-08-2023, 19:34 PM,
I'm little lost. My Icom A, not Icom next, since I reinstalled Ista can't find Ip adress I tryed the last one I've been using last two years. Itool radar can't see my Icom ip anyway. i tred to restore but process never ending. Red blinking!
Do you know why could be there it's never ending restore? Maybe bad file? any recomendation?

Still have green leed Sytem & Lan when I plug it to laptop and car.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ISTA File Missing? Homersbud 5 200 13-04-2024, 23:53 PM
Last Post: rocdeng
XZBMW ICOM Firmware (NEXT & A2) always current! Vojno 206 42,750 12-04-2024, 23:36 PM
Last Post: bennymx
XZBMW Poor wifi signal from new ICOM's bmchicago 3 261 12-04-2024, 18:55 PM
Last Post: Node
XSMini MINI R60 .SSD-File COAPI-1000 bmw335coding 0 41 11-04-2024, 14:56 PM
Last Post: bmw335coding
XZBMW Need NBT EVO ID6 eMMC File Emmy 2 263 10-04-2024, 21:50 PM
Last Post: Mwahab
XZBMW BMW EntryNav2 CarPlay hardware compatibility list 320ed 5 348 09-04-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: PsevDo
  [MEGA] Any ESYS Editions + PSDZ Full & Lite + ICOM Firmware + MANUALS + TOOLS hashtagmaster 104 35,619 07-04-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: w0rf
XZBMW F90 Li-Ion battery reset Hoborg 17 1,662 05-04-2024, 19:44 PM
Last Post: TheNine90
  Solved ✔ ICOM NEXT Error bmwcare 4 2,466 01-04-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: ivanp
  CCC flash WINKFP ICOM BimmerSLO 9 356 29-03-2024, 19:17 PM
Last Post: Hoborg