Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Axle ratio modification
23-11-2013, 02:29 AM,
Axle ratio modification
Get to top speed and acceleration

Hello forum members,
I apologize if wrong this go to the forum.
I'm trying to modify the Top Speed ​​and Acceleration on the unit Iveco Trakker 420 HP, Transmission 16AS Astronic for our firefighters.
Required speed of 105 km/hour in less than 25 seconds.
Beginning axle ratio is 17/35 only reaches a speed of 80 km in 28 seconds.
Next I modified again with Axle ratio 19/33 acceleration and speed results to dropped significantly.
Another option for Axle ratio is 23/36 but I am not sure of the the results later.
Is there someone that has experience and willing to help how the formula actually a matter of this ratio, note is also that I can raise the HP Engine if necessary.
I once see on television that American Truck drag race, perhaps the technique that I need.
Thank you for your time and attention.
regards :yes:
Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2014, 01:08 AM,
RE: Axle ratio modification
For each change you make on the axel ratio, your truck will take the part of various problems. Want more speed - have less power and vice versa. The best solution is to change the map of the fluid injection and intake of fresh air if you can. For this you need serious knowledge in mechanical engineering, the automotive mechatronics, injection systems, plus some knowledge about control area nerwork (CAN), and last but not least some programming knowledge. You did not specify if you want only more speed and less power. If you can want only more speed, you can change gearbox reports, but significant loss of power (the moment sent to propshaft drops significantly).
14-02-2014, 19:29 PM,
RE: Axle ratio modification
Whats the torque rating on the engine? 420hp is pretty small if this is a fullsize fire truck, most units locally here are 550-650hp and 1850ft.lbs

the 23/36 ratio will hurt you even worse than the 19/33 ratio. What transmission is in this unit as well will also be a deciding factor on gear ratio, you will also need to know the hp/torque curve of the engine. If you can supply me with more details i can most likely set you up with something that will get you to your goal.