Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

X1 U11 programming interface help request
12-06-2023, 20:21 PM,
XZBMW  X1 U11 programming interface help request
What is the best interface for connecting to the new X1 U11? What is the procol used to communicate with the vehicle?
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2023, 20:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-06-2023, 20:28 PM by Node.)
RE: X1 U11 programming interface help request
IMHO first you need to tell what SOFTWARE you plan to use. If BMW ISTA, then original ICOM. Programming is done mostly over ethernet, diagnostics partly over D-CAN.

P.S. Given U11 uses secure coding for most units, you need ONLINE ISTA. Or something ONLINE else. And THAT limits your choice of "best interface".
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Node for this post
15-06-2023, 20:36 PM,
(12-06-2023, 20:23 PM)Node Wrote:  IMHO first you need to tell what SOFTWARE you plan to use. If BMW ISTA, then original ICOM. Programming is done mostly over ethernet, diagnostics partly over D-CAN.

P.S. Given U11 uses secure coding for most units, you need ONLINE ISTA. Or something ONLINE else. And THAT limits your choice of "best interface".

My bad. Should have told what I want to achieve. My goal is to get rid of the "honk" when engine is running and I walk away from the car having the fob or the phone in my pocket. Another dream is to enable remote engine start. Maybe mess around a bit with the startup animation...

Using one ENET cable and E-Sys + BU, I managed to connect, but out of 36 only 3 ECU's were readable: FZD3 [56], HU_MGU [63], RAM [37]. I've been told to look for "VAM_HORN_AT_SECURE" in BDC to disabkle the honk. BDC nowhere to be found.

In the HU_MGU I found by accident HVAC_REMOTE_ENGINE_START - nicht aktiv. Could be this the missing CLIMATE menu item in order to enable remote engine start? It canot be that simple... I did not change anything yet.

Any thoughts?
15-06-2023, 20:40 PM,
So why ask totally different question first???

If you want that "much" smile custom coding, you SHOULD have bought a car based on an OLDER model. You can't FDL code secure coding units for now. And possibly never. And most of units (except couple like you listed) use secure coding on U006 based cars (like U11).

Regarding remote engine start that setting MAY enable menu item in MGU, but I'm pretty sure it WON'T have ANY noticeable effect. On other modern chasses you need FSC for that but they do not seem to be used on U006 at all. Probably because that is available on other chasses in USA only. And I'm not sure U11s are available there at all. If they are and you are there, it could potentially be possible to buy this in connected drive store.
16-06-2023, 09:48 AM,
(15-06-2023, 20:40 PM)Node Wrote:  So why ask totally different question first???

If you want that "much" smile custom coding, you SHOULD have bought a car based on an OLDER model. You can't FDL code secure coding units for now. And possibly never. And most of units (except couple like you listed) use secure coding on U006 based cars (like U11).

Regarding remote engine start that setting MAY enable menu item in MGU, but I'm pretty sure it WON'T have ANY noticeable effect. On other modern chasses you need FSC for that but they do not seem to be used on U006 at all. Probably because that is available on other chasses in USA only. And I'm not sure U11s are available there at all. If they are and you are there, it could potentially be possible to buy this in connected drive store.

You don't have to do FDL-coding for the thing mentioned by OP
19-06-2023, 21:37 PM,
(15-06-2023, 20:36 PM)U11 Wrote:  My goal is to get rid of the "honk"  when engine is running and I walk away from the car having the fob or the phone in my pocket.

I can code that with remote

NBTEVO, ENAV2, MGU  - CP OFF, Navi , APPS , Carplay, AA
MGU ID-8-9-10 Cars - Full Region change

NCD Secure Coding 2.0

19-06-2023, 23:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 19-06-2023, 23:04 PM by U11.)
(15-06-2023, 20:40 PM)Node Wrote:  So why ask totally different question first???

Older models did not attracted me. At least none of those I could afford wink The U11 is my first BMW and it was love at first sight. 

Since I would like to find out more about the secure coding of the U11, I am continuously reading and researching on this matter. In terms of coding it seems that the U11 is quite a "newcomer". Up until now I was not able to find definitive answers based on hands-on experience with the U11. 

U11's are available in the US, and I believe 1CR is available for that market, a couple of videos posted showcasing the option are quite convincing.

I am in the EU and this option cannot be purchased in the store.

(16-06-2023, 09:48 AM)The CaT Wrote:  

You don't have to do FDL-coding for the thing mentioned by OP

Can you please be more explicit? I am not sure I understand.
20-06-2023, 05:37 AM,
But is U11 using OTA, so all codings would disappear anyway quite soon?
20-06-2023, 06:02 AM,
At the moment there are no solutions, the bmw online data is not accessible so no coding, even if in Europe it would not be legal to block the possibility of an auto repairer
to repair the cars autonomously.. we'll see what happens
20-06-2023, 06:06 AM,
(19-06-2023, 23:01 PM)U11 Wrote:  Since I would like to find out more about the secure coding of the U11, I am continuously reading and researching on this matter. In terms of coding it seems that the U11 is quite a "newcomer". Up until now I was not able to find definitive answers based on hands-on experience with the U11. 

U11 is NOT different in terms of coding from other series like S18 or newer S15. Most units are the same. And secure coding is also the same.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW REQUEST FSC CODE muskatas 4,266 353,713 2 hours ago
Last Post: xscale
  SSD file request as I'm hopeless. GoNz0- 4 115 3 hours ago
Last Post: GoNz0-
XZBMW Request Road Map North America EVO 2024-1 sra 1 119 18-04-2024, 04:15 AM
Last Post: jojosqsq
XZBMW BMW Navigation Maps FSC activation code (request) rogerkj71 82 11,284 17-04-2024, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Erezbmwm
  EVO Map upgrade FSC request appeti 2 165 14-04-2024, 06:06 AM
Last Post: appeti
XZBMW NBT EVO FSC solution request appeti 1 183 13-04-2024, 20:51 PM
Last Post: Rajco
  {Request}Road Map OCEANIA/SOUTHEAST ASIA Joy TheNine90 1 63 09-04-2024, 09:55 AM
Last Post: dumitru.o
XZBMW Request Road Map Middle East EVO 2024 jojosqsq 1 61 08-04-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: TheNine90
XZBMW Request for EBAs gyver 152 24,468 31-03-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Kareta_BMW
XZBMW Request untrimmed CAF SME2 vanos 0 103 26-03-2024, 23:24 PM
Last Post: vanos