Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Passat b8 Touch climatronic retrofit not working
23-06-2023, 04:46 AM,
ZVW  Passat b8 Touch climatronic retrofit not working
Hi all,

Recently  i have manged to change The original Climatronic of a pasar B8 by a new touch modelo from AliExpress.
The new unit came preconfigured for the vehicle including The number of áreas to control, etc.
The main problem is despiste aparently everithing works smoth, The AC compresor IS not working at all and the Air is hot.

I have tryed to Connect with VCDS 23.3 but The info about The module seems that is incomplete and i dont have details of he errors, long coding, adaptions or basic functions.
The model number is 17G 907 044 Ac, 

and the error in The attached says: "No code info available for this ECU unit".

I have tryed to Connect with Odis 7.2.1 to read and reset The errors, but i have The dame problem od odis not recognizing The unit and theerror not showing detailed info of errors, coding or basic functions.

The Next thing  that i was willing to try IS to update postsetup to a latest "test" versión released in The forum to verify if newer versión recognizes The module.

Does anyone now what coud be The problem with VCDS or if Post setup versión  has te info of The module?

summer IS coming... and muy AC IS not ready. whew

Thanks in avance!
Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2023, 05:34 AM,
RE: Passat b8 Touch climatronic retrofit not working
Here is your issue:

"The new unit came preconfigured for the vehicle"
and
"from AliExpress".

You need to restore your original coding to this unit and see if it starts working.
Also, some more useful info from the web regarding these Chinese control panels:

"To summarize, in these chinese LCD Climatronic units Basic Settings cannot be performed via ODIS or VCDS. The only solution is to perform Basic Settings via hardware and there are 3 possible ways (different on each device) ways of doing so:

* [A/C] and [Rear defrost] buttons
* [A/C] and [blower with 3 arrows] buttons or
* [A/C] and [MENU] buttons

Access to coding and adaptations of the 17G 907 044 N unit is possible via the VW37XCN project of ODIS and not the usual VW37X. "
[+] 1 user says Thank You to pupu144 for this post
23-06-2023, 07:36 AM,
Connect with vcds to ac unit, go to adaptations, search for compressor break in time, save the current time (usually 120 sec), then go to basic settings and start break in ac compressor automatic start and wait.

Quick edit: if vcds complains about missing rod files or unknown rods, trick vcds to not read vin by plugging it out of the car and replug and immediately try to access 08, it will pop up a warning that vin could not be determined and therefor if you want to select manual rods, then select the rod that suits you best

Thnx+rep if this helped you
[+] 3 users say Thank You to oscar89 for this post
23-06-2023, 14:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 23-06-2023, 14:06 PM by caserones.)
(23-06-2023, 05:34 AM)pupu144 Wrote:  Here is your issue:

and
"from AliExpress".

You need to restore your original coding to this unit and see if it starts working.
Also, some more useful info from the web regarding these Chinese control panels:

"To summarize, in these chinese LCD Climatronic units Basic Settings cannot be performed via ODIS or VCDS. The only solution is to perform Basic Settings via hardware and there are 3 possible ways (different on each device) ways of doing so:

Access to coding and adaptations of the 17G 907 044 N unit is possible via the VW37XCN project of ODIS and not the usual VW37X. "
thanks a lot for your support .
 i Will set The old coding and see what happens.
The chinesse manufacturer procedure to start The equipment say that is needed to change in byte 15. The magnetic clutch and then  in 04 basic sttings selecto compressor run in Auto.

can i presume that The basic settings performed with The combination of buttons are The same as the one i have described above?

i Will try this evening and see what happens!

(23-06-2023, 07:36 AM)oscar89 Wrote:  Connect with vcds to ac unit, go to adaptations, search for compressor break in time, save the current time (usually 120 sec), then go to basic settings and start break in ac compressor automatic start and wait.

Quick edit: if vcds complains about missing rod files or unknown rods, trick vcds to not read vin by plugging it out of the car and replug and immediately try to access 08, it will pop up a warning that vin could not be determined and therefor if you want to select manual rods, then select the rod that suits you best

Thanks Óscar,

main problem i have IS that  i dont have acceso to the standard menús i use to have in module 08.
So i dont have acceso to long coding help, adaptions or basic settings.

About your trick to selecto a new rod, wich one should i load?. The original one model installed from factory, or The new one?
23-06-2023, 14:42 PM,
(23-06-2023, 14:00 PM)caserones Wrote:  
(23-06-2023, 05:34 AM)pupu144 Wrote:  Here is your issue:

and
"from AliExpress".

thanks a lot for your support .
 i Will set The old coding and see what happens.
The chinesse manufacturer procedure to start The equipment say that is needed to change in byte 15. The magnetic clutch and then  in 04 basic sttings selecto compressor run in Auto.

can i presume that The basic settings performed with The combination of buttons are The same as the one i have described above?

i Will try this evening and see what happens!

(23-06-2023, 07:36 AM)oscar89 Wrote:  Connect with vcds to ac unit, go to adaptations, search for compressor break in time, save the current time (usually 120 sec), then go to basic settings and start break in ac compressor automatic start and wait.

Thanks Óscar,

main problem i have IS that  i dont have acceso to the standard menús i use to have in module 08.
So i dont have acceso to long coding help, adaptions or basic settings.

About your trick to selecto a new rod, wich one should i load?. The original one model installed from factory, or The new one?

The new one. Or make a link lbl file for your unit.
23-06-2023, 15:12 PM,
ZVW  RE: Passat b8 Touch climatronic retrofit not working
Hi all,

After set The old parameters and run basic settings with combination of Keys. Now The AC Iis Alive!!!!

There IS an error in The unit that i can not reset, but i guess is related to the new unit ...

Thanks a lot for your help.
24-06-2023, 07:00 AM,
(23-06-2023, 15:12 PM)caserones Wrote:  Hi all,

After set The old parameters and run basic settings with combination of Keys. Now The AC Iis Alive!!!!

There IS an error in The unit that i can not reset, but i guess is related to the new unit ...

Thanks a lot for your help.

Post your remaining DTC code.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
ZVW Virtual Cockpit retrofit on Caddy SB crazyrs6 10 715 3 hours ago
Last Post: sokisoki3
ZTAudi A6 C8 - Matrix HD Retrofit PelsonBMW 1 16 3 hours ago
Last Post: sokisoki3
  VW Passat B7 DQ200 sgo/frf sokisoki3 1 48 12-04-2024, 18:12 PM
Last Post: pupu144
  RS3 2019 VC retrofit jaramillo 0 51 12-04-2024, 02:08 AM
Last Post: jaramillo
  New Passat and Tiguan 2024 david99 6 238 28-03-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: cicoe
  VW Passat b6 turn off ACC, turn on cruise control michalez 1 104 27-03-2024, 21:42 PM
Last Post: zvonexp
  A6 C6 lever position problem central locking not working ELMEPRO 3 149 02-03-2024, 19:44 PM
Last Post: ELMEPRO
ZTAudi Audi A6 C8 Matrix LED 8G4 retrofit coding Jonas225 1 247 02-03-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: wojoo
  ACC retrofit H10 5Q0907572H KluthR 1 158 01-03-2024, 15:44 PM
Last Post: Mex165
ZVW Passat B6 B7 CC BCM decript and clone program StefanDST 0 146 26-02-2024, 15:35 PM
Last Post: StefanDST