Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

BMW F10/F11 :: Retrofit :: LCW Lane Change Warning
30-07-2023, 10:09 AM,
XZBMW  BMW F10/F11 :: Retrofit :: LCW Lane Change Warning
Hello all,

I need your assistance/guidance/advice

The Car is a F11 LCI 2015

I did the LCW Retrofit
The wiring/modules from the Radars all assemble and connected as TIS says

FlexRay connected - Central Gateway Module ZGM -
Pin 1 - Pink
Pin 2 - Green

My issue is what are the proper modules that need to be coded and procedures to initialize the FLEXRAY

If I initialize the flexray with Tool32 - all works fine - no issues but on ISTA+ there is a error of not having Flexray initialized proper.
If i try to initialize FlexRAY on ISTA+ it fails and Flexray is not ok, requires to initialize again on Tool32 to all get back to function.

On Cars with FEM the FlexRay Loop is something needed but the ZGM is part of the FEM, but my car has a ZGM Module and could not find anything of this.
- FEM_BODY is FRM, CAS, and JBBF
- FEM_GW is ZGW

I'm extremely suspicious it's a Module that is missing to be coded
Would be grateful if anyone could share the Coding/Initialization Procedures.

-----------
On Bimmerpost forum i was able to see the procedures for a F30, but not sure if its the same on a F10/F11

"
Vehicle Coding:

Updating the VO:
- In order to properly initialize the FlexRay system, you will need to first update your VO via E-Sys to reflect the Lane Change Warning option (Option 5AG).

- Connect to the car via E-Sys. After connecting, the first step will be to add Option 5AG to your FA. Follow the steps in the E-Sys learning guides if you are unfamiliar with how to complete this step.
Make sure that you have completed the Write FA/FP option during this process!

- Once you have updated your FA with the new option code, you should still not be able to see HC2 in your ECU list, however you will want to go ahead and code all other necessary modules. Activate the FA. At this point, you will need to code at a minimum the FEM, HU_CIC/NBT, ICM, KOMBI, and AHM(if present) modules.

Personally, whenever I complete a retrofit, I recode all modules in the car in the event that there is something related to the new retrofit in that module that may have been missed. How you code is up to you, but by coding them all, it avoids the risk of missing something.

- Once you have completed this part of the coding, we are done with E-Sys for now and will begin the next step in Rheingold

Initializing the FlexRay:
- The second step in the coding for the Lane Change Warning is to conduct an initialization of the FlexRay system, since the system will not be looking for the HC2(also shown as SWW in Rheingold), and subsequently you will not be able to see the HC2 module in E-Sys until this is done.

- To conduct the initialization, connect to the car via Rheingold, then go to Service Functions -> Body -> Central Gateway Module -> Initialize FlexRay

- Follow the on-screen steps in the process to conduct the process. NOTE: You will receive an error stating the Initialization could not be completed. This is to be expected, as the initialization of FlexRay is dependent upon all modules being coded, and since the Lane Change system has not been coded via E-Sys yet, it will cause this error. Don’t Panic!

- You are finished with Rheingold for the moment, and we will be moving on to E-Sys

Adding the Coding for the HC2 Master module:
- Connect to the car again via E-Sys. After connecting, on the Expert Mode-Coding screen, if you click Read (ECU), you should now see the HC2 listed as one of the modules on your car.
- You will now need to create a Cafd file for your new HC2 Module. However, you will need to know your car’s current I-Step Level first
- To find this, go to the Expert Mode-VCM Screen. Under I-Steps, click Read. Your current I-Step level will then be displayed, as shown below. Take down this information, and save for future reference if needed.

- Now, you can create the Cafd file. On the Expert Mode-Coding screen, highlight the HC2, then click Detect CAF for SWE. When the window shown below comes up, you may have several options available:

- You will need to select the option that matches your car’s current I-Step Level. Select the correct option and hit Ok. This should create the Cafd file for the HC2.

- Now, VO Code the HC2, since you already completed the VO-coding for the other modules earlier in the process.

Re-initializing the FlexRay:
- Now that the coding has been done for the HC2, we can go back and complete the initialization of the FlexRay system

- To conduct the initialization, connect to the car via Rheingold, then go to Service Functions -> Body -> Central Gateway Module -> Initialize FlexRay

- Follow the on-screen steps in the process to conduct the process. This time, you should receive a success message to the effect of “Flexray successfully initialized!”

Initialization of the Lane Change Radar Units:
- While still in Rheingold, we must now conduct the startup initialization for the Lane Change Radar Units(SWW)
- To conduct the initialization, go back to Service Functions -> Driver Assistance -> Lane Change Warning -> Initialisation of the SWW sensor system
- You will need to follow the on-screen steps to complete the initialization of BOTH the Master and Slave Radar Units.
- Once you have completed the steps for both modules, you will need to go back to the Vehicle Test and clear any error/fault messages that have occurred during this coding process.
"
Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2023, 10:42 AM,
RE: BMW F10/F11 :: Retrofit :: LCW Lane Change Warning
Write 5AG to your VO and write VO to VCM.
Also you need 8SK ZGW. I hope you have.

under If my post helped you hit the thanks and reputation button. Thank you. yes

[+] 1 user says Thank You to user_530d for this post
30-07-2023, 15:26 PM,
Hello that was done and was fine
the Module is seen on esys as in ISTA+
I simply not able to initialize the FLEXRay on ISTA

5AG is on the VO and was VO the VCM.
Yes i have 8SK ZGW
The car already had due to the quantity of extras.

Do you know the modules that need to be coded?
06-08-2023, 07:01 AM,
(30-07-2023, 15:26 PM)Napas Wrote:  Hello that was done and was fine
the Module is seen on esys as in ISTA+
I simply not able to initialize the FLEXRay on ISTA

5AG is on the VO and was VO the VCM.
Yes i have 8SK ZGW
The car already had due to the quantity of extras.

Do you know the modules that need to be coded?

HC2(SWW)
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ga3 for this post
06-08-2023, 07:23 AM,
with Tool32
ZGW_01.prg
steuern_reset_learn_flexray==>F5
Open esys inject cafd and VO code HC2
Open ISTA and sync flexray

Successfully retrofit on BMW F30 335xi 248,302,3AG,430,5AG,5AS,6NS,8TH,IHKA3
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Siki78 for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW BMW CIC PATCHER v2 - GENERATE YOUR OWN RETROFIT FSC CERTS intel123 891 465,209 2 hours ago
Last Post: fe7565
XZBMW Brake Pads Warning Disable -Racing purpose marcdts 2 41 7 hours ago
Last Post: bmchicago
  G82 rear tail lights CSL retrofit Sauron 9 633 8 hours ago
Last Post: juo
  Kafas issue aftrer ACC Retrofit It3_Magic 12 328 17-04-2024, 15:07 PM
Last Post: user_530d
XZBMW Neck warmer retrofit Just2fast5 5 339 17-04-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Spirit5676
XZBMW NBT EVO HDD change tutorial RuleNormaliai 16 2,235 16-04-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: RuleNormaliai
  ID4 evo to ID6 Evo full retrofit, ATM issues 03178A mitch32 1 147 15-04-2024, 17:52 PM
Last Post: mitch32
  Bmw G31 retrofit Mgu id7 atm problem intranet 19 2,268 15-04-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: evaldazj
XZBMW buy solutions for change ISN for MG1 and MD1 dfb 0 172 15-04-2024, 00:21 AM
Last Post: dfb
XZBMW BMW E84 Cruise control retrofit not workig Alyn546 4 207 12-04-2024, 14:23 PM
Last Post: DieStream