Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Hexprog FRM3 Issues
20-08-2023, 06:44 AM,
Hexprog FRM3 Issues
Hello, has anyone been having issues with FRM3 repair using Hexprog? Hexprog support hasn't really explained why this happens and are not providing solutions, I'm most likely going to purchase another tool to repair frm's but figured I'd ask here to see if anyone else has been having the same issue.

Connect Hexprog to dead frm3
Read eeprom
Partition 94e error
Click repair, repair completes and Hexprog shows car's correct VIN
Click read eeprom (I do this to confirm eeprom populates and in fact repaired)
Partition error 94e again
Click repair again, hexprog says complete but shows yyyyyyyy for vin (still gives partition error 94e when trying to read eeprom)
I try loading eeprom dump manually to frm using hexprog, hexprog goes to 100% and says complete. Read eeprom and partition error 94e again

This has happened 3 times so far, out of probably 40 repairs with the tool. The last 2 of the 3 though have happened in the last few weeks. My old xprog is not working so I haven't confirmed if these specific frm's are repairable with another tool yet.
Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2023, 06:55 AM,
RE: Hexprog FRM3 Issues
You can repair these units witj any programmer avaiable on the market.
Upa, smok jtag, vvdi prog, xprogm, etc.
Read dflash, extract eep from it, make partition again in MCU, write eep, done.

4C7570755F73616E64755F696D6D6F5F736F6C7574696F6E73

20-08-2023, 09:14 AM,
I think there are some steps missing the way you`re doing.
when you read eeprom and get pertition 94e or similar you have to read p-flash first and then click on the repair option. then you get VIN number and message that it has been repaired.
Then don`t read eeprom straight after repair as you will get strange message that you use wrong version or something (this started happening for me a few month ago with some new Hexprog updates, but Microtronik never explained why)
what I do after repair message I go from the FRM menu and then go back to FRM3 and the read eeprom and always it works for me.

(20-08-2023, 06:44 AM)BimmerExperts Wrote:  Hello, has anyone been having issues with FRM3 repair using Hexprog? Hexprog support hasn't really explained why this happens and are not providing solutions, I'm most likely going to purchase another tool to repair frm's but figured I'd ask here to see if anyone else has been having the same issue.

Read eeprom
Partition 94e error
Click repair again, hexprog says complete but shows yyyyyyyy for vin (still gives partition error 94e when trying to read eeprom)
I try loading eeprom dump manually to frm using hexprog, hexprog goes to 100% and says complete. Read eeprom and partition error 94e again

This has happened 3 times so far, out of probably 40 repairs with the tool. The last 2 of the 3 though have happened in the last few weeks. My old xprog is not working so I haven't confirmed if these specific frm's are repairable with another tool yet.
20-08-2023, 16:37 PM,
After update, I too encountered this error.
20-08-2023, 17:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-08-2023, 17:29 PM by BimmerExperts.)
(20-08-2023, 06:55 AM)lupu_sandu Wrote:  You can repair these units witj any programmer avaiable on the market.
Upa, smok jtag, vvdi prog, xprogm, etc.
Read dflash, extract eep from it, make partition again in MCU, write eep, done.

I’m sure it will be fixed with another programmer, but I’d like to just use hexprog for its ease of use. That’s why I’m trying to see if my issues are singular to my specific hexprog or if anyone else has been having this issue, that’s really the reason for my post not necessarily fixing the frm’s that haven’t been fixable.

(20-08-2023, 09:14 AM)BmwMerc Wrote:  I think there are some steps missing the way you`re doing.
when you read eeprom and get pertition 94e or similar you have to read p-flash first and then click on the repair option. then you get VIN number and message that it has been repaired.
Then don`t read eeprom straight after repair as you will get strange message that you use wrong version or something (this started happening for me a few month ago with some new Hexprog updates, but Microtronik never explained why)
what I do after repair message I go from the FRM menu and then go back to FRM3 and the read eeprom and always it works for me.

(20-08-2023, 06:44 AM)BimmerExperts Wrote:  Hello, has anyone been having issues with FRM3 repair using Hexprog? Hexprog support hasn't really explained why this happens and are not providing solutions, I'm most likely going to purchase another tool to repair frm's but figured I'd ask here to see if anyone else has been having the same issue.

Read eeprom
Partition 94e error

Partition error 94e is completely normal for frm3, that’s just confirming there is an eeprom issue with the frm3 and it’s dead. Reading pflash and then clicking repair is no different than clicking repair first. Repair function doesn’t touch pflash.

The issue you’re talking about after clicking read eeprom after repair is normal too, I saw it after the tool forced you to go online instead of using offline. It says cannot get data from server or something but if you click read eeprom again after that error it’ll read eeprom. The frm3 is physically still dead which is the issue, the program should not be giving partition 94e errors after repaired correctly and i don’t know if it’s an issue with my hexprog specifically since I bought it when it very first came out, issue with them forcing the tool to go online or if it’s a common issue that everyone else has been experiencing too.
20-08-2023, 20:09 PM,
I have faced the same situation mentioned by OP, ending with bricked FRM, not being possible to fix, even writing new files.
Check if your connections are well. I usually use an adapter to avoid soldering, I have noticed that if the connections are not well or disconnected in middle of process you can end with a bricked module when reparing eeprom via Hexprog
20-08-2023, 20:44 PM,
i also had to this issue after trying to repair FRM3 with hexprog.

23-08-2023, 05:24 AM,
My experience is that sometimes the FRM3 corrupts the Dflash as well. I have seen this happen with ACDP too where a repair fails same to Hexprog. In this case always have Dflash dump or known good eeprom and just write this to FRM the reflash and code.

It seems to me these tools can't repair corrupt Dflash and I always keep emergency Dflash and EEprom files for such scenarios.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to willisodhiambo for this post
23-08-2023, 05:41 AM,
I have seen a couple of FRM3s that didn't allow me to partition the D-flash using either UPA-USB or Xprog.
My UPA worked fine on 100's of FRM, but those few are unrepairable. I guess that the chip has a dead sector on the partition table itself.
Maybe this is the case here as well? It would be interesting to see if another programmer can partition the D-flash on these units.
24-09-2023, 20:40 PM,
The same thing happened to me, it looks like hexprog killed this function after releasing new hardware. So for now, we probably need to buy new hardware or use upa for read D-Flash and restore EEPROM by calculator or use vvdiprog with adapter or Orange5 with FRM Repair Script or something else.
I did this before Hexprog with UPA and online calculator FRM Repair and for me, it looks like the right solution because you always had a backup of your FRM corrupted data and you can easily recover EEprom with some scripts or calculator, but if you will try to use HexProg, definitely you lose your FRM corrupted data and after this, you need to use EEPROM from another car and need to do program VO + do coding.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to badenaleks for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW BMW E81 FRM3 DUMP Schnitzer 1 61 26-03-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: claw
XZBMW BMW F01 Bluetooth Communication Issues NAVJunk 10 302 08-03-2024, 06:30 AM
Last Post: NAVJunk
XZBMW R60 FRM3 SZT 3457528 Gatsby79 2 104 23-02-2024, 23:40 PM
Last Post: Gatsby79
  Frm3 mini r60 3457587 dump ____ANGEL___ 3 436 23-02-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Gatsby79
XZBMW FRM3 F11 XEP100 need dump or repair 530d 2 140 22-02-2024, 15:33 PM
Last Post: 530d
  Looking for FRM3 Dump BMW jaramillo 1 163 21-01-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: BMWzone
XZBMW FRM3 D-Flash empty OviECU 4 271 19-01-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: OviECU
XZBMW BMW DIS on VM issues oros 18 1,538 14-01-2024, 10:46 AM