Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

ISTA+ Install Help
28-08-2023, 18:00 PM,
XZBMW  ISTA+ Install Help
Hello everyone! I'm new here and have tried, unsuccessfully, to install ISTA+ twice from 2 different sources. With both attempts, the diagnostic portion works without issue, however the programming system is always greyed out. I have tested on 3 different vehicles to be sure it wasn't a car issue. I am working on a fresh install of Windows 11 Pro to start squeaky clean. Can anyone point me in the right direction towards an install guide or something similar? Thanks in advance for any advise or guidance you offer!
Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2023, 18:34 PM,
RE: ISTA+ Install Help
You've probably downloaded installations without SDP archive (around 90-110 GB, depending on the version you are trying to install) that contain all necessary flash files data.
Also, bear in mind that you need 300-350 GB of free disk space for a full install. If you lack free space - SDP cannot be unpacked correctly.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to pupu144 for this post
28-08-2023, 19:03 PM,
(28-08-2023, 18:34 PM)pupu144 Wrote:  You've probably downloaded installations without SDP archive (around 90-110 GB, depending on the version you are trying to install) that contain all necessary flash files data.
Also, bear in mind that you need 300-350 GB of free disk space for a full install. If you lack free space - SDP cannot be unpacked correctly.

Thank you! That is possible. Is the SDP not the same as the PSDZ data? Sorry, I've used the software for years but never installed it myself. I am using a ThinkPad T14s with a 2TB hard drive with no other software on it at the moment (just finished fresh Windows 11 Pro install) so space should not be an issue.
28-08-2023, 19:29 PM,
I have a feeling you use ENET cable... Which BTW you should REALLY indicate in your question.
28-08-2023, 19:55 PM,
(28-08-2023, 19:29 PM)Node Wrote:  I have a feeling you use ENET cable... Which BTW you should REALLY indicate in your question.

I have an ENET cable, but I primarily use a Genuine ICOM A2 or Genuine ICOM Next for most things. I try to keep ENET use to mainly reading/clearing fault memory as it can present some issues with some test plans since it does not recognize the terminal voltage change-over. Please forgive me for not including all the information.
28-08-2023, 20:53 PM,
So IF you installed PSdZ data properly AND you use ICOM, then programming should work. So if it doesn't then list EVERYTHING. How did you install what, STEP BY STEP, what car you are trying this on and so on. I don't know about others, but I really hate to GUESS answers to questions just because OP does not respect people's time spent answering to ask with any details...
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Node for this post
28-08-2023, 22:31 PM,
Node, thank you for your input. It's not that I don't respect people's time, it's that I have never tried this before and don't really know what information would be helpful. I really do appreciate you trying to help me get this solved.

Started from fresh Windows 11 Pro install on brand new ThinkPad T14S with 2TB hard drive. Purchased ISTA+ package from bimmerdiagnostics.com and downloaded. Unzipped install package to desktop with 7zip. Installed .NET framework. Installed BMW Standard Tools using included standard tools installer. Installed ISTA 4.32.1.using their included standalone installer. The PSdZ folder is missing from the package they provided so following installation I located what seems to be the most current data (v4.43.10_PSdZData) which I then copied into the ISTA/PSdZ folder. Diagnostics worked perfectly but no programming. Tested on 3 different vehicles: F10, F25 and E70. Same result on each vehicle with the Programming tab greyed out (I know programming won't work on E70 with ISTA+ and that I need ISTA-P for this chassis). Deleted all program files, restored windows to previous restore point then tried this entire process again with the same results.

*I am now wondering if I should have put the PSdZ folder into the main installation package before running the standalone installer. If that is the case it threw me off because folder name didn't match their example (SDP 4.xx.xx).

Currently, I have just downloaded Sedoy's last standalone (4.39.20) and noticed that it includes 4.39.20 PSdZ data in the root folder. I'm thinking I might try to install his version next. My question for this installation is if I replace the 4.39.20 PSdZ data with the 4.43.10 data I have if it will load that new data and function? I am going to try this and will report back. Hopefully 3rd time is a charm. (If that doesn't work I am currently downloading an Offline ISTA version from shawnsheridan).
28-08-2023, 23:54 PM,
Check if your folder structure is like the picture below(Drive D or C should use your settings, the point is the folder structure).

If not, extract your SDP 7z file again and put it like this.
If it is, then check your registry if there are:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\BMWGroup\ISPI\Rheingold]

BMW.Rheingold.Programming.Enabled = True
BMW.Rheingold.Programming.ExpertMode = True

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

BMW 5 Series and Audi Q4 e-tron user.
If it helps, please give rep yes , thanks!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to rocdeng for this post
29-08-2023, 01:12 AM,
Will do. I'm going to try another install tonight. Thank you!
29-08-2023, 05:15 AM,
(28-08-2023, 22:31 PM)JNANDE Wrote:  *I am now wondering if I should have put the PSdZ folder into the main installation package before running the standalone installer. If that is the case it threw me off because folder name didn't match their example (SDP 4.xx.xx).
My question for this installation is if I replace the 4.39.20 PSdZ data with the 4.43.10 data I have if it will load that new data and function? I am going to try this and will report back.

No, installer would reject your file if you just put it in the same folder and rename it - it would still have hashsum mismatch. If you want installer to handle it - you would need to calculate checksum for your newer PSdZ archive and put it inside installer's config file. But it still won't help you, because you also need to tweak registry values for everything to work correctly.

Sedoy's version is good to go if you don't need new PSdZ data. It works out-of-the-box.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ista 4.46 Standalone kiranabc 33 2,993 5 hours ago
Last Post: Siki78
  Virginised 6WA Install Slight Mileage Increase SK223 2 72 6 hours ago
Last Post: SK223
XZBMW ISTA Standalone Licenserequest up to v4.37.4x Sedoy 8,648 627,636 7 hours ago
Last Post: Sedoy
  ista for use whit vcx se db8000 0 37 10 hours ago
Last Post: db8000
  AOS Ista possible to deactivate second check after scan? RaoulK1998 17 356 Yesterday, 10:39 AM
Last Post: RaoulK1998
XZBMW ISTA 4.46.xx problems and possible solution Sedoy 76 7,330 27-03-2024, 20:02 PM
Last Post: Node
XZBMW Update ISTA at once 4.43.40 (ISTA Update Program) charlesjyw 34 6,461 27-03-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: MINIGP1610
XZBMW BMW ISTA-P Rheingold 69.0.200 (Torrent File) carsoftcare 1 126 26-03-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: hlip
  ISTA launcher problem Red_bean_bun 1 161 26-03-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: 2013m5
XZBMW Adding a new vehicle/model to "Reingold" ISTA+ dieselweasel 12 668 25-03-2024, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Node