Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Advantages of updating I-Level?
04-09-2023, 01:57 AM,
XZBMW  Advantages of updating I-Level?
I bought my 2018 R nineT bike new and have recently got an ICOM A2, ISTA+ and E-sys, initially to simply activate a set of auxiliary fog lights I installed (which I haven't been able to do yet).

As I do all my preventive and corrective maintenance (strictly following the BMW maintenance programme, BTW), the bike has not been to a dealer since early 2020 when the warranty expired and as such it is at the ex-works I-Level, K001-17-11-501. Scanning the control units I find that with PSDZ v4.39.20 I have installed, there are several updates to 3 of the 6 controllers: BTLD, CAFDs, HWELs, SWFL, etc. Just the alarm unit alone has 4 updates to do.

So, given there's nothing wrong with the bike, how does one know whether it is a good idea to update the bike? Are there release notes somewhere? Of course, if there weren't to be done BMW wouldn't have bothered, but still.

If the bike shows up at the dealer, are they required to update the software or only if there is a campaign to do that?
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2023, 08:48 AM,
RE: Advantages of updating I-Level?
(04-09-2023, 01:57 AM)laalves911 Wrote:  If the bike shows up at the dealer, are they required to update the software or only if there is a campaign to do that?

There is no rule for it and of course there are no public release notes!

My personal opinion: it is enough to check what has been updated every two or three years, while they deal with the given series at all.

I just updated a RT last month, after the update, the "check engine" light was on all the time!
In the next update, only the KOMBI got a new one and the wrong display value disappeared! biggrin biggrin biggrin

Vojnó
Press Thanks and reputation under if this post helped you. 
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Vojno for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to code 5 level heated grip on S1000RR TFT? dlgudqja1282 14 1,928 28-11-2023, 01:57 AM
Last Post: dlgudqja1282
ZSkoda ISTA: Data status (integration level) error message Rememo 13 1,892 02-02-2023, 17:41 PM
Last Post: NIGHT2000